Sky Blues Talk Famous! (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
46.I asked Mr West about the extracts from the subject access requestwhich had been made to Weber Shandwick, the PR advisers to ACL.He stated that this was a partial lift from the email exchanges. Heexplained that Weber Shandwick was monitoring a blog calledSkyblue Talk for ACL. He said that this was a way to monitoropinion amongst CCFC fans. He said that a lot of what was in theemails was Weber Shandwick summarising what was on SkyblueTalk. He said that the contract with Weber Shandwick was coordinatedand managed by the ACL board. He said that they wouldwant to co-ordinate PR strategy with the Council as a majorshareholder in ACL but the relationship with Weber Shandwick wasmanaged by ACL. He said that he did not believe that there was asuggestion that elected members had been copied in to emails. Hesaid that he could not categorically state that elected members hadnever met with Weber Shandwick but he did not believe that theyhad. He stated that only some of the emails were copied to councilemail addresses sometimes there were two council email addressesand there were never more than three. He said that he believed thatthose council email addresses would have been his and those ofMartin Reeves (the Council’s Chief Executive and also a director ofACL) and Fran Collingham, the Council’s Head of Communications.

Taken from here - http://democraticservices.coventry....30th-Nov-2015 10.00 Ethics Committee.pdf?T=10

Interesting, always obvious they had people on here. Some proven and some not!

Astute

You don't have to post to be able to read. And shouldn't you have the two threads you have started as one? :)

Astute

Go on then nick, have a stab at it, I can't resonates from that far back.

And then work out who Fisher is on here. Joy must be keeping him for a reason.

Nick

Administrator
Thought it should be seperate as it is more about the site than the court thingy hearing tomorrow.

rob9872

I came here as a spy, but loved it so much I stayed

Philosorapter

I will say something about this forum. If you want to get a message out to the people of Coventry. This is the place to do it, and the forum also has got something to do about a round thing that gets kicked about. Can't think of a more used place on the net that connects people who have some links to Coventry.

Its almost a community on here and more potent than any newspaper, radio or political party in the area.

Last edited:

matesx

I will say something about this forum. If you want to get a message out to the people of Coventry. This is the place to do it, and the forum also has got something to do about a round thing that gets kicked about. Can't think of a more used place on the net that connects people who have some links to Coventry.

Its almost a community on here and more potent than any newspaper, radio or political party in the area.

Too true!

This site really is influential

mechaishida

I know for a fact that someone connected to SISU was trolling the CT forum, it was so blatant to be ridiculous; I even took the issue to the Media Editor Keith-something and he fobbed me off. A day later I was (gladly) banned. Bunch of arse, I say.

As for here, hmm, nobody springs to mind.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a spy, you bastards.

Nick

Administrator
I know for a fact that someone connected to SISU was trolling the CT forum, it was so blatant to be ridiculous; I even took the issue to the Media Editor Keith-something and he fobbed me off. A day later I was (gladly) banned. Bunch of arse, I say.

As for here, hmm, nobody springs to mind.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a spy, you bastards.

Who was it and which user?

mechaishida

Who was it and which user?

Dunno, he created about a 1000 Disqus accounts under different usernames and used them individually for a day to troll and wind people up who basically had a negative opinion on SISU or the club itself. Anyone who replied in a no-so-diplomatic-fashion (no names) either had their posts removed or were banned.

It was either someone connected to SISU/ACL or it was a CT moderator.

No bugger's on the forum now, so they kind of blew their own foot off on that one.

torchomatic

Amusing you think it was just SISU people on here and not Council. There were some blatant Council trolls too.

And then work out who Fisher is on here. Joy must be keeping him for a reason.

Nick

Administrator
Dunno, he created about a 1000 Disqus accounts under different usernames and used them individually for a day to troll and wind people up who basically had a negative opinion on SISU or the club itself. Anyone who replied in a no-so-diplomatic-fashion (no names) either had their posts removed or were banned.

It was either someone connected to SISU/ACL or it was a CT moderator.

No bugger's on the forum now, so they kind of blew their own foot off on that one.

Ah the comments bit then rather than the forum they used to have?

Have you read the comments recently? Would be a safe bet to say there's a few spinners in those comments. They are up there with Dongo's proud of the council thread.

mechaishida

Ah the comments bit then rather than the forum they used to have?

Have you read the comments recently? Would be a safe bet to say there's a few spinners in those comments. They are up there with Dongo's proud of the council thread.

Yeah, that's what I meant, the comments section as opposed to the forum - it was fucking littered with spin and pro-SISU propaganda about a year ago or so ago, when the general feeling of 'SISU out' was still at a pinnacle.

Even Alan Poole used to leave comments, I knew it was him 'cos he'd use key words in his comments that he'd use in his 'articles'.

Tbh I rarely read much of what's on the CT site now, just a glance - but yes, the spin is still apparent.
Didn't mind Juggy Chima's pieces at the time, but they were invariably followed by someone trying to rally the fans by calling any dissenters 'untrue fans'.

Bladdy rag.

Grendel

Amusing you think it was just SISU people on here and not Council. There were some blatant Council trolls too.

Just look at all the "fans" who have gone;

Spoinkop, Sky Blue John, MMM, Dongo, Bigfatron, that mentalist who wanted to shout at Tim Fishers kids school - all one side of the fence to my mind.

torchomatic

I'd forgotten about some of those. Yes, I did have my suspicions over some of them, but I guess the success on the pitch has proved to be a little too much for them to stomach. Not as much negativity and dissatisfaction amongst us on here, though some still try hard to sow the seeds.

Spoinkop, Sky Blue John, MMM, Dongo, Bigfatron, that mentalist who wanted to shout at Tim Fishers kids school - all one side of the fence to my mind.

Astute

How did you work that out?

Anyone involved from all sides that has a few grams of brain matter would check a place like this. Plenty of traffic and all to do with our club. My comment was made in jest. But wouldn't surprise anyone if true. After all he was so much out of touch with us all. So he needs all the help he can get.

NorthernWisdom

tbf to MMM, he was posting about CCFC a long, long time ago on GMK (back in the days when life was happy and joyous and we only had to bitch about no cash, no ground, and no success... :thinking about: )

I've also had contact with him since he 'vanished' from here on another matter entirely, and can confirm he is real, and is a CCFC fan indeed... if disillusioned ;)

olderskyblue

Aren't you "one side of the fence" then ? ;)

olderskyblue

tbf to MMM, he was posting about CCFC a long, long time ago on GMK (back in the days when life was happy and joyous and we only had to bitch about no cash, no ground, and no success... :thinking about: )

I've also had contact with him since he 'vanished' from here on another matter entirely, and can confirm he is real, and is a CCFC fan indeed... if disillusioned ;)

Agree with this. Wasn't there a "what car do you drive" thread on GMK once, and judging by MMM's response, he's taken a few months off to polish all his BMW's.... :D

torchomatic

Maybe so, he was quite happy to attack fans going to Sixfields, calling them some pretty choice names from what I recall.

Grendel

Agree with this. Wasn't there a "what car do you drive" thread on GMK once, and judging by MMM's response, he's taken a few months off to polish all his BMW's.... :D

He's upgraded to a superior brand since those days.

Skyblueweeman

I've forgotten about some of those names. I miss the Dongo vs Grendel debates.

Still, got Grendel vs Take-your-pick to keep me entertained whilst I sit back and chomp on the popcorn, Michael Jackson gif styleee.

NorthernWisdom

Maybe so, he was quite happy to attack fans going to Sixfields, calling them some pretty choice names from what I recall.

MMM? Honestly can;t remember and, given his writing style, I'm not going to go and read up on past posts to check out - not enough hours in the day!

The general point being however, that it's dangerous to assume because people vanish it ain't just life/boredom/fed up of the same old, same old arguments. I bogged off after we signed King because I just couldn't be arsed with the same arguments with the same people day after day, and couldn't be arsed with the club either. Doesn't mean anything other than I found other things to occupy my day!

torchomatic

Of course, I'm sure there were a few genuine CCFC fans who just got fed up with it all - I nearly did on a couple of occasions - but I'm sure some of the others missing in action weren't fans of our club.

MMM? Honestly can;t remember and, given his writing style, I'm not going to go and read up on past posts to check out - not enough hours in the day!

The general point being however, that it's dangerous to assume because people vanish it ain't just life/boredom/fed up of the same old, same old arguments. I bogged off after we signed King because I just couldn't be arsed with the same arguments with the same people day after day, and couldn't be arsed with the club either. Doesn't mean anything other than I found other things to occupy my day!

NorthernWisdom

Of course, I'm sure there were a few genuine CCFC fans who just got fed up with it all - I nearly did on a couple of occasions - but I'm sure some of the others missing in action weren't fans of our club.

I'm sure there are always people who pop on from either side of the fence...

As an aside, results may be good, but we're still a club with no cash, no ground, no direction and owned by a ruthless investment fund - kind of worrying if results mask that, as the foundations aren't there to support us if/when results dip... so to suggest there's nothing to be negative about is maybe not entirely true. Results good, but arguably despite of the club infrastructure, rather than because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread