'Sky Blues special to me' - McGoldrick (1 Viewer)

Ashdown1

It does sound a bit that way, although it could be that he just genuinely doesn't know now with the appointment of McCleish?!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
McLeish will want his own players and being at Forest i can see him getting money to spend (wouldnt be surprised if he tries to poach MK from Birmingham....).

Dont think McG will be in his plans and hopefully Forest will be willing to accept loan offers aswell as transfer offers (unless they agree to let him go free and we somehow find the money for wages. Cant see the latter happening though).

Either way, thanks for the efforts David! Your'll be sure to get a warm welcome next time you return to the Ricoh, as our player, or as an opposition player!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Please stay Mcgoldrick, whatever Leon best has been telling you about fans getting on his back don't believe him it is all lies

covcity4life

glad hes being so respectful,its genuine

the guy oviously loves forest though and now sees a glimmer of hope to play again

Mucca Mad Boys

FFS Forest, why couldn't you keep O'Driscoll! ... Unless McLeish doesn't want him.

He sounds like he is genuinely unsure where his future lies. He recognises the club has potential, appreciates the efforts from MR* and his team mates, he may stay, statements like these make you think he might stay.

* on MR, I think this could be a deciding factor, MR has got the team and McG playing well, look at McG's 1st 4 under Shaw, scored 1 goal, under MR, he's got to be averaging 1 a game. I don't know if the managers of the clubs linked would get him playing as well. Leeds, for example, don't create many chances but score a good share of their chances, McG can miss chances before scoring so he may struggle with teams like that. McG has ability, he is championship standard, but I think if he stays at CCFC, he'll be playing championship football for the 13/14 season anyway.

wingy

ITs still open to interpretation,"I Still do't know what Will Happen"................."There Is Massive potential.":thinking about:

torchomatic

Well "I still don't know what will happen" says to me that maybe the Clubs are trying to sort something out. If he was going to Leeds or Charlton or whoever then the Forest/City thing wouldn't come into it. I know I would say it anyway, but he should stay, he could be onto something special here.

Mucca Mad Boys

Well "I still don't know what will happen" says to me that maybe the Clubs are trying to sort something out. If he was going to Leeds or Charlton or whoever then the Forest/City thing wouldn't come into it. I know I would say it anyway, but he should stay, he could be onto something special here.

Clingan would've thought he's moving up in the world when moving from Forest to Norwich, then to CCFC. If McG leaves, I know it's sour grapes, but I hope that happens to him, after all, he left a seemingly sinking ship in S'hampton to move to Forest, maybe he isn't going to risk leaving CCFC in case we are in the ascendancy and may overtake his new team.

CovLis86

Make sense for mcleish to recall him and see what hes got then make his decision. Who wouldnt. But if hes not going to play hes going on loan,so youd like to think we could get him back.

torchomatic

Clingan is different as was Westwood for me. They both did it for money and because they thought they were better than CCFC. OK, so Westwood is earning a packet but he isn't playing football and he probably doesn't care. And anyway, I've never had a problem with Murphy. Clingan was the same (similar to Cranie) they think they are better than they actually are.

As for McG. I hope he stops, but if he decides to leave then fair enough, the loan has been mutually beneficial.

Clingan would've thought he's moving up in the world when moving from Forest to Norwich, then to CCFC. If McG leaves, I know it's sour grapes, but I hope that happens to him, after all, he left a seemingly sinking ship in S'hampton to move to Forest, maybe he isn't going to risk leaving CCFC in case we are in the ascendancy and may overtake his new team.

Mucca Mad Boys

Clingan is different as was Westwood for me. They both did it for money and because they thought they were better than CCFC. OK, so Westwood is earning a packet but he isn't playing football and he probably doesn't care. And anyway, I've never had a problem with Murphy. Clingan was the same (similar to Cranie) they think they are better than they actually are.

As for McG. I hope he stops, but if he decides to leave then fair enough, the loan has been mutually beneficial.

I was commenting on Clingan jumping ship 2 times and it just not working out for him. Westwood probably thought he was going to start, but didn't. He is a great keeper no doubt.

Cranie and Clingan are wasters, I for one, never really rated Cranie, too mistake prone, Swansea away anyone!? :facepalm: isn't great in the air, doesn't score many goals because of this, has way too big an ego and I'm glad he left, for the money he was on, he wasn't worth it. As for Clingan :pointandlaugh: . I agree, they both thought they were better than they were, now Clingan is unemployed, Cranie is playing for a team, who, hopefully, gets relegated. Haha.

McG has done the business for himself and the team, he has been a revelation and has played a big part in the 'Robins' Revolution', fair play. I hope he stays, I thought he would, but the more he scores, the more Championship clubs will be interested, hopefully it's only the Peterboroughs, Barnleys of the league, the ones who may get relegated so he stays at CCFC.

Last edited:

Covstu

sadly this was inevitable, if they kepy o'Driscoll he would have moved to a championship club mccleish will keep him but realise he wont be a permanent first place regular and loan him out again.

SkyBlueScottie

“My time at Coventry has been really special for me,” he said. “I have a massive respect for Mark Robins and everyone at the club. I know they have been doing everything they can to keep me, but at the moment everything is uncertain because of what has happened at Forest."

Now he keeps on making nice noises about us, then he makes that comment, where as previously I thought it was 100% dead and he would leave us for elesewhere, I dont know what to think, his scoring run has been brilliant, his all round performances are getting better and better, him lining up or in competition with Clarke for the shirt is positively mouthwatering, I wonder if Clarke was bought in to push the deal along / lower wage demands etc...

I just dont know what to think about it all.

wingy

“My time at Coventry has been really special for me,” he said. “I have a massive respect for Mark Robins and everyone at the club. I know they have been doing everything they can to keep me, but at the moment everything is uncertain because of what has happened at Forest."

Now he keeps on making nice noises about us, then he makes that comment, where as previously I thought it was 100% dead and he would leave us for elesewhere, I dont know what to think, his scoring run has been brilliant, his all round performances are getting better and better, him lining up or in competition with Clarke for the shirt is positively mouthwatering, I wonder if Clarke was bought in to push the deal along / lower wage demands etc...

I just dont know what to think about it all.

I keep banging on ,If Robins really wants him here Sisu will do it,MR says Jump ,they JUMP.

Another key point there does not seem to be any other teams being mentioned, normally you here a few clubs sniffing, also January is not a good window for managers tbh. Maybe other clubs are not so keen to pay the £15k a week wage for a L1 goalscorers that has not proved himself in the Championship - I'm hoping that DM has told his agent unless it's for the same money and in the Championship hes not moving from Forest, and then I hope that we offer to pay X% of his wage and Forest allow him to see out the season with us....

Paxman II

The thing against Forest here is McGoldrick's contract which runs out in the summer. To take him back and see if he is any good to them still with a fresh start so to speak under a new manager is pretty pointless if that fails to work. They will want to get rid asap and have him off their wage bill so money is released for McCleish to bring in his own players. Even better if they can get a fee for him in January.
He scores goals at a league 1 club remember and previously was a bag of shite. Not many are going to take a punt at him tbh. There will be clubs in the Championship looking to strengthen but there is little money around to do so and McGoldrick I doubt would go anywhere lower than a team with prospects of a playoff berth? That said I truly believe if City offer £250k or so and offer a wage structure that rewards McGoldrick based on bonus and scoring form he will stay here. And if I were Forest? I'd take £250k and £15k off the wages to allow McCliesh to increase his pot.
The only thing stopping this is if the agent finds him a deal somewhere where he still earns 15k and that club is willing to pay Forest some £300K + to have him based solely on his run in a very good team since Robin's arrived? Don't think I would risk that myself...
His agent will make big promises until they all run dry and time is runing out.
For me Forest will take the first deal close to what I suggested above....over to you SISU.

oakey

Having a dig at Cranie, Clingan etc is stupid. King, Best, Juke, Gunnar, Westwood, Keogh and now Goldie, they all listen to their agents who tell them they can get them a better deal so they run down their contract. Nothing to do with "think they are better than us" (which is actually quite ironic given our continual slide over a dozen seasons ... If you worked for a firm on a similar trajectory you would too). Very few players realise they are better off in footballing terms riding the wave they are on.
Goldie should realise he is in the golden phase of his career and stick with it not look for £££, but like most players he will follow the agent's advice.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
"Having a dig at Cranie, Clingan etc is stupid. King, Best, Juke, Gunnar, Westwood, Keogh...."

All these mentioned apart from id say one (Juke and to a degree Keogh) all went because they thought they were better than what they are. Best and Gunnar especially! King was never going to stay and both his move to us and the following move to Brum were farcical. Both brought in by his go by agent!

Reason I say Juke was different was because we sold him, as in we accepted an offer leaving him no choice but to look at what Borough were offering.

Out of the list, I think Westwood will be regretting his move. Yes he was always going to move on but even at Sunderland he was never going to be first choice.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Having a dig at Cranie, Clingan etc is stupid. King, Best, Juke, Gunnar, Westwood, Keogh and now Goldie, they all listen to their agents who tell them they can get them a better deal so they run down their contract. Nothing to do with "think they are better than us" (which is actually quite ironic given our continual slide over a dozen seasons ... If you worked for a firm on a similar trajectory you would too). Very few players realise they are better off in footballing terms riding the wave they are on.
Goldie should realise he is in the golden phase of his career and stick with it not look for £££, but like most players he will follow the agent's advice.
I wouldn't have a dig at any of Juke, Gunnar, Westwood, Keogh or Turner for that matter. They were all good players for and deserved there transfers

King would come into the same category except for special circumstances on how he initially joined us when he left prison and how he left us leaves bitterness

The players who I will have a dig and a bit of chuckle at if it goes tits up for them are the ones who were average at best for us and jumped ship as soon as it got tough like Cranie and Clingan

savosdad

Banned
mc leish is useless have a look at his CV it dont read well he has no vision of a good player unless they have a kilt on

Has anyone considered that Forest might not want to sell McGoldrick to a rival club in the same division?

That's a good point , who could he go to in this division though ? I don't know who's got money - Doncaster / Sheff utd ?

stupot07

Has anyone considered that Forest might not want to sell McGoldrick to a rival club in the same division?

A good point but I'm sure they'd rather sell to the highest bidder regardless of what league they are in and put in a gentlemans agreement that he doesn't play against them.

I think they would be more bothered about that if he was first or second choice for them but as he's surplus to requirement it shouldn't bother them.

H

Harry Grout

Let's hope he stays and the reality of playing week in week out in a winning team under a Manager who can manage his talents means something to him.

However if he doesn't, we should say thanks very much for what he's done and wish him all the best.

I very much hope he does stay with us, but last Saturday should dispel any myth we are a one man team. Playing up top, Elliott has goals in him, as does Clarke.

PUSB

westendunited

Stay with us David we idolise you man. The fans are coming back we will chant your name and show you the love. You won't get that at forest.

ccfcway

Pay £250k for him and at some point on the next 18 months we could have at least a million pound player on our hands.

A darn site better than securing the "assets" that was McPake and Bell

TommyAtkins

The problem with McGoldrick is that all of his previous clubs have known there was some talent there somewhere and therefore, they were reluctant to sell, even though he never displayed that talent consistently. It took a silly offer from Forest to persuade Southampton to sell, especially at a time when Saints' future was far from certain.

Forest never saw the best of McGoldrick; his loan spell with Coventry has been the first time that he has gone some way to justify belief in him.

But it has happened just at a time when Forest received new investment and with a new manager. Consequently, there is uncertainty at Forest. They probably don't want to lose him for nothing, don't want to sell to a rival in the Championship but probably don't see a future for him with Forest.

Important to remember that players and agents exert far more influence now and that McGoldrick will go where he wants to, regardless of others' preferences.

If we have £250,000 and that is far from certain, ACL and the Council will be far from pleased if we spend it on McGoldrick. They want them money to themselves. We need to remember that a key component of ACL and the Councils argument is that if Coventry reduce their wage bill and squad size, then the club can afford the rent - they are on record as saying so.

Users who are viewing this thread