Sky Blues in the community (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

Thinking of sending my lad there next week for 4 days. Anyone tried it out for 6 year olds and if so whats the feedback.

Its at Bablake or A Higgs centre - so any views on venue would be good aswell

Thanks peeps

CJ_covblaze

They do very good work. However if you live near Rugby, Warwick, Redditch or Daventry mine are cheaper (and better obviously) :)

smickyboy

My lad who's 9 has been today at Alan Higgs. He loves it. He's been before & has a great time. Alan Higgs is better as the Astro is for football whereas at Bablake it's shorter primarily for hockey. I have first hand experience as I coach for Christ The King & we use the Bablake facility. Being shorter the ball runs away to quickly which would be even harder for a 6 year-old.

skybluefred

Crickey I played for Christ the King in the 1950s, never dreamt they still had a team will have to pop in for a trial lol.

Covkid1968#

My lad who's 9 has been today at Alan Higgs. He loves it. He's been before & has a great time. Alan Higgs is better as the Astro is for football whereas at Bablake it's shorter primarily for hockey. I have first hand experience as I coach for Christ The King & we use the Bablake facility. Being shorter the ball runs away to quickly which would be even harder for a 6 year-old.

Thats great.....Alan Higgs it is.

WestEndAgro

Still going strong. The biggest club in Coventry for junior football. Unfortunately you'll be just to old for my U10's.

I was involved with Finham Park Rangers who were formed in 1987 what a year that was, Finham have just merged with Alvis, I don't think the area could manage with two sides so close in proximity, we used to have some good old tussels with CTK, respect to all Junior club managers, coaches etc

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I was involved with Finham Park Rangers who were formed in 1987 what a year that was, Finham have just merged with Alvis, I don't think the area could manage with two sides so close in proximity, we used to have some good old tussels with CTK, respect to all Junior club managers, coaches etc

Fellow FPR 97-05.

I say 05 but may have been 06 think we did the first yet of youth then disbanded our age group team as our squad of 16 usually had 9 turn up
On a Sunday as alcohol, girls & access to the Colly at 15-17 was an option on Saturday nights!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread