Sky Blues/Forest Green Rovers (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

Forest Green Rovers -- based in a small Cotswold Village near Stroud (not too far from where I live). How can a small village team be top of the Conference, above the likes of Wrexham and Luton yet CCFC are struggling just two divisions higher ? Must have an amazing Manager to achieve this.

Greggs

or be a professional, stable, well organised club.........

Nonleagueherewecome

Forest Green Rovers -- based in a small Cotswold Village near Stroud (not too far from where I live). How can a small village team be top of the Conference, above the likes of Wrexham and Luton yet CCFC are struggling just two divisions higher ? Must have an amazing Manager to achieve this.

You mean the guy who fell out with Boothroyd at Watford over footballing principles who I flagged up about a month ago as the perfect choice as our next manager? ;)

Greggs

Look at Crawley. Run properly, add a couple of big FA cup ties with the earning wisely invested, you have yourself a club with potential!

Sick Boy

According to many on here, the role of the manager is not important. All that counts is the wage budget and if the team has had time to 'gel'.

torchomatic

if that is the case then why were many on here screaming for Thorn's head on a spike?

According to many on here, the role of the manager is not important. All that counts is the wage budget and if the team has had time to 'gel'.

Alkhen

I am also a Cov fan in Stroud... Forest Green are my second team and have over seen a massive change over the last few years since Dale Vince took over as owner. He owns Ecotricty an energy suppler with green and eco as their core values. He has ruffled a few feathers with the fans by banning meat at the stadium and changing both the club badge and home strip colour (Black and white stripes to an luminous yellow number).

Any how he has pumped a relatively large sum of money into the club, they signed Fleetwood Towns striker Magno Viera in the summer along with a host of players from 'bigger' teams. Due to the fact that Dale Vince is a good mate with Gary Neville they have played Man United in a friendly and were part of his testimonial.

the club are definitely on the up, Vince has a clear vision...exciting times

Baginton

Look at Crawley. Run properly, add a couple of big FA cup ties with the earning wisely invested, you have yourself a club with potential!

Crawley - Steve 'double contracts' Evans :whistle: mystery far eastern businessmen:whistle: I shall say no more

Forest Green - been spending dosh on players over the summer, heard they only sell veggie burgers with their eco friendly owner :thinking about:

skybluedaze

I notice they were top of league the other day. Was quite a shock. Usually they scrap about down the bottom etc. Surely someones invested heavily in the club? :thinking about: If not, sign their manager up now! ;)

Voice_of_Reason

Some are missing the point.. Forest Green Rovers is a small village team based in Nailsworth, not much larger than Wellesbourne. Unlike Crawley, which is a sizeable town.

Baginton

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim play at the Rhein-Neckar Arena, the capacity is 30,150, it was built in 2010, the small town where they play is Sinsheim who have 35,392 residents :whistle:

Both must have good catchment areas !!

Nonleagueherewecome

Some are missing the point.. Forest Green Rovers is a small village team based in Nailsworth, not much larger than Wellesbourne. Unlike Crawley, which is a sizeable town.

Not me, VoR: Hockaday has worked a miracle on a shoestring in previous seasons, was the man who developed Ashley Young and the generation of kids that went on to make up the bulk of Watford's Championship promotion squad, and he fell out with Boothroyd over Hoofball. That's good enough for me. He was a coach who has now leant how to be a very effective manager-who plays good football.

Dave Hockaday's Sky Blue Army! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Hockaday

Nonleagueherewecome

Sponsored by Coventry Building Society too. Perhaps we could become their feeder club in a few years

Our away kit is a bit like their home kit.

skybluedaze

Not me, VoR: Hockaday has worked a miracle on a shoestring in previous seasons, was the man who developed Ashley Young and the generation of kids that went on to make up the bulk of Watford's Championship promotion squad, and he fell out with Boothroyd over Hoofball. That's good enough for me. He was a coach who has now leant how to be a very effective manager-who plays good football.

Dave Hockaday's Sky Blue Army! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Hockaday

Sign him up! ;)

BigCyrille

Family and home near Nailsworth, Grew up in Tile Hill. Now living in Stroud. Cov will always be my first team, however FGR run them a close 2nd. This years FGR performance has in some ways offset the Greek tragedy that is Cov.

Started watching FGR when they were in Junior football (more people playing than watching) when Cov were in the Prem. FGR then embarked on a surge up the pyramid led by Manager Frank Gregan. Landed in the Conference in the late 90's. In fact made 2 FA Trophy Finals on the way, still the only club to have played in FA Trophy and Vase finals. However the Conference was always a league too far and FGR struggled every year until the Dale Vince takeover. Investment is always the key and makes Hockaday look a good manager. Still, not bad for an area of a village !

Users who are viewing this thread