Sky blue trust motion (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I would like to know as a member of the trust how you can put a policy motion in that will be discussed at one of the upcoming meetings? Does it require a number of other members to support the motion?

Can a motion be suggested on line and then this can be confirmed by the board the meeting date that this will then be discussed? How can it be made to be discussed?

Then can someone please explain the process for approval of the motion? Is this a ballot of all members of restricted to those who end the meeting at which the motion is discussed?

Pete in Portugal

I would like to know as a member of the trust how you can put a policy motion in that will be discussed at one of the upcoming meetings? Does it require a number of other members to support the motion?

Can a motion be suggested on line and then this can be confirmed by the board the meeting date that this will then be discussed? How can it be made to be discussed?

Then can someone please explain the process for approval of the motion? Is this a ballot of all members of restricted to those who end the meeting at which the motion is discussed?

The Trust Secretary, whoever that is, should be able to answer these questions. Easier than having to plough through the Trust's standing orders.

Edit: Roger Ellis is Secretary, according to their web-site.

Grendel

The Trust Secretary, whoever that is, should be able to answer these questions. Easier than having to plough through the Trust's standing orders.

Edit: Roger Ellis is Secretary, according to their web-site.

Mr Ellis does not use this forum - he is very active on Twitter however.

fernandopartridge

You know as well as I do that motions must be moved exclusively by members of the echo chamber.

usskyblue

Then fucking ask him rather than coming on here acting the twat. Then you can come back on here with the answer can't you

giphy.gif

Grendel

Grendel

Have you tried emailing the Trust and asking them? Or messaged CJ on here?

Well as I’ve messaged on here I’d assume he will see it. I’ll put twitter message to roger so we can see what the response is.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Its on the website G. Under the drop down of constitution

RIGHTS AND POWERS OF MEMBERS 25. The members have the rights and powers available to them under the law relating to Community Benefit Societies and are to decide in particular the issues specifically reserved to them by these Rules.
26. The members may by a resolution carried by not less than two-thirds of the members voting at a general meeting but not otherwise give directions to the Society Board. A member wishing to propose a members’ resolution for consideration at a general meeting shall give notice in writing to the Secretary of such wish, and of the justification for, form and content of the resolution, not later than noon 28 days before that meeting is to be held. The following provisions apply to any directions given:
26.1. any direction must:
26.1.1. be consistent with these Rules and with the Society’s contractual, statutory and other legal obligations;
and 26.1.2. not affect the powers and responsibilities of the Society Board under Rule 27.
26.2. Any person who deals with the Society in good faith and is not aware that a direction has been given may deal with the Society on the basis that no direction has been given.

Grendel

Excellent. From memory that's about when they start, so assuming you're in Coventry, there ought to at least be plenty of time left in a meeting by the time you get there.

What’s the point if the motion is not approved for discussion

If you are in a union are you allowed to vote without going to a social club?

NorthernWisdom

What’s the point if the motion is not approved for discussion

If you are in a union are you allowed to vote without going to a social club?
Well franbkly I'm not that bothered about your motion ;) If it coincides with me, great, but if not there'll be an AOB where I can give my view as to their support (or lack of) for certain Wasps protests, and how it's imperative they do more (and better!) going forward.

It seems I won't be alone in that view, either.

Grendel

Well franbkly I'm not that bothered about your motion ;) If it coincides with me, great, but if not there'll be an AOB where I can give my view as to their support (or lack of) for certain Wasps protests, and how it's imperative they do more (and better!) going forward.

It seems I won't be alone in that view, either.

It does t even bother you that the secretary - roger Ellis - has to approve a motion and even if it gets that far 66% of attendees have to approve as policy?

I could put a motion together and have 500 trust members agree this and then it still gets rejected?

Users who are viewing this thread