Sky Blue Song (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Listening to Sky Sports, and the amount of teams singing "Oh when the ***** go marching in", I am pretty happy that we actually have our own song, not copying other teams and changing the words.

Just a thought :whistle:

lordsummerisle

Listening to Sky Sports, and the amount of teams singing "Oh when the ***** go marching in", I am pretty happy that we actually have our own song, not copying other teams and changing the words.

Just a thought :whistle:

Er, It's the Eton Boating Song, copied, and changed the words..

Covkid1968#

Getting some wording done on something and suddenly dawned on me that I am not 100% certain of a word!!! Despite belting it out 1000’s of times.

Is it whilst or while we sing together....I’m 99% sure it’s whilst but don’t want the 1% to make me look a tit!!! I provide myself with enough opportunities to do that so thought I’d avoid it this time

Searched on internet and it came up with this SBT thread

withnail

Itks about time we got a Specials tune based song. Specials songs would work well as a football song I reckon.

Covkid1968#, i’ve got a cov mug that has the words to the sky blues song and it has ‘while’.
It’s an unofficial mug to be fair...got it from that shop that used to be in the shops in Fargo.

withnail

image.jpg

Last edited:

Adge

One that I can’t stand-Allez Allez Allez. Seems the chavs have introduced it late on at Ccfc too.
Watching the playoffs recently it was sang almost continually in all games!:emoji_disappointed:

withnail

Colchester apparently..

Colchester Town Football Club was founded in October 1873 and although not part of any League or Association found itself playing against the likes of Braintree, Brentwood, Coggeshall, Ipswich and Maldon between the months of November and March.
Town adopted colours of blue shirts and stockings along with white knickerbockers and played its home games at Cambridge Road.
Nicknamed 'The Oysters', the club was a founder member of the Essex County FA in September 1882 and a season later won the inaugural Essex Senior Cup defeating Braintree by 3-1.

March 2nd 1936 marked the death knell for Town and the birth of a team that would become Colchester United - The U's.

They appear to have ceased before the sOng was penned though.

withnail

Colchester Town
Full name Colchester Town Football Club
Nickname(s) The Oysters
Founded October 1873
Dissolved December 1937
Ground Layer Road, Colchester
1937–38 Essex County League, resigned

Covkid1968#

Itks about time we got a Specials tune based song. Specials songs would work well as a football song I reckon.

Covkid1968#, i’ve got a cov mug that has the words to the sky blues song and it has ‘while’.
It’s an unofficial mug to be fair...got it from that shop that used to be in the shops in Fargo.
Mmmm interesting....

In terms of the Specials I’ve always thought we should come out to guns of navarone or play it when we scored.....

Users who are viewing this thread