Sky Blue Player on Apple (1 Viewer)

Ccfc1979

Just thought I'd share this as it's something that annoyed me for a while - Apple products will not support Flashplayer. Just found an app called 'Puffin' and if you browse CCFC site and player through that, it supports Flash. Bit jumpy but not bad!

D

Deleted member 4439

Meanwhile, for those of you with one of Bill's old machines, the highlights from the Boro game are now up :D

torchomatic

Apple products are nice looking yes, but restrictive. Android is the way to go. But in Apple's defence it's Adobe that killed flash not Apple or Google, Amazon, etc.

Mucca Mad Boys

Apple is just a brand zealots buy

I prefer android phones, more customisable

Android phones are probably better than iPhones, but, the iPad shits on the other tablets. Funny I say that while I'm on my iPad...

I have an android phone btw.

torchomatic

I always buy Android as they are cheaper, more flexible, etc. However I can't deny that although the iPad has odd screen dimensions the choice of apps, etc and the quality of them are better. However, it's nice that I can stick a miniSD card in to ramp up the storage which is something Apple don't allow you to do.

What does piss me off is when some companies - like Sky - ignore the 47% of people who don't have an Apple device for SkyGo. I can get it on my iPod touch but not on my Android tablet or phone. Companies bend over backwards for Apple.

Android phones are probably better than iPhones, but, the iPad shits on the other tablets. Funny I say that while I'm on my iPad...

I have an android phone btw.

Mucca Mad Boys

I always buy Android as they are cheaper, more flexible, etc. However I can't deny that although the iPad has odd screen dimensions the choice of apps, etc and the quality of them are better. However, it's nice that I can stick a miniSD card in to ramp up the storage which is something Apple don't allow you to do.

What does piss me off is when some companies - like Sky - ignore the 47% of people who don't have an Apple device for SkyGo. I can get it on my iPod touch but not on my Android tablet or phone. Companies bend over backwards for Apple.

Funnily enough, my younger siblings' tablets RRP (all android) were more expensive than my iPad 3?

I used to get 'ripped' for having an android phone (didn't bother me though, they weren't in the vogue yet, but it was clear thy we're superior to Blackberrys) by Blackberry owners :facepalm: who have now converted to android :facepalm: I only concede to iPhone users as my android isn't the newest version, and it's fucked! lol

blitzer109

The problem with android is also the thing that you like it's flexibility. The sheer number of different devices that would need to be tested and supported outweighs the benefit. The thing apple has going for it is it's large market share, a single o/s and small number of devices to be supported.

Cigarfingers

Apple is just a brand zealots buy

I prefer android phones, more customisable

More customisable....Really?

Jailbreak ipad/phone/pod and its 100% customisable to the smallest detail. Android equivalent of jail breaking is called rooting and to make an android truly customisable it must be rooted just as a apple product has to be jailbroken.
I take it you dont know the full story behind the refusal of adobe flash player on apple devices so id suggest doing some research to inform yourself, and its actually a good reason for it being boycotted by one of the biggest companies in the market.

Skyblue4u

Jailbreak ipad/phone/pod and its 100% customisable to the smallest detail. Android equivalent of jail breaking is called rooting and to make an android truly customisable it must be rooted just as a apple product has to be jailbroken.
I take it you dont know the full story behind the refusal of adobe flash player on apple devices so id suggest doing some research to inform yourself, and its actually a good reason for it being boycotted by one of the biggest companies in the market.

Sorry bud you are wrong. Android is fully customisable without being rooted unlike apple. Rooting just takes it to another level like being able to control voltages within the phone and controlling the system right down to the bare bones and installing custom Roms. I've been rooting phones since the HTC desire was first launched so I know what I'm talking about

Unlike apple you don't need to invalidate your guarantee to have an Android phone how you want it

Last edited:

covcity4life

GEEK:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Skyblue4u

Fair enough you may know about androids and wont argue on them but void guarantee?? No just a simple restore through itunes and its back to shiny and new. Ive taken back phones to apple that have been jb then restored and had them changed no problem.

What? You've had to return Apple phones in the past? Another reason then to avoid buying one as clearly they are also unreliable. I've never had to return an Android device :cool:

Cigarfingers

What? You've had to return Apple phones in the past? Another reason then to avoid buying one as clearly they are also unreliable. I've never had to return an Android device :cool:

One back in years of usage. Dont try to tell me Andriods never get returned,thats just plain Bull.

Anyways no point arguing over that stuff here,we all here cos we love our sky blues and we are playing well atm,cant we just enjoy that together lol.

Users who are viewing this thread