Sky Blue Godiva (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

Coventry just on BBC 1 (antiques road trip), showing Lady Godiva covered in her sky blue ribbons.

Unfortunately no mention about the significance of the ribbons :mad:

Hobo

I saw it too..lovely Sky Blue Ribbons. Camera angles made me want to visit historic Coventry....and I live here?

bigfatronssba

I saw it too..lovely Sky Blue Ribbons. Camera angles made me want to visit historic Coventry....and I live here?

The small remaining part of the old city always looks beautiful on the TV. Its sad to think the whole town was once like that, and what a fine city centre we could now have had it not being destroyed.

BTW you do realise that we have both just owned up to watching Antiques Road Trip? :eek:

Hobo

The small remaining part of the old city always looks beautiful on the TV. Its sad to think the whole town was once like that, and what a fine city centre we could now have had it not being destroyed.

BTW you do realise that we have both just owned up to watching Antiques Road Trip? :eek:

In 1960 we still had more timber frame buildings than anywhere in the country....however travelling out of the city centre by bus was a nightmare...Hertford Street, also Spon Street out over the little hump back bridge...those memories must be 66-68?

We have a wonderful history and were a county in our own right at one stage!

Users who are viewing this thread