Podcast Sky Blue Fans TV podcast - Tony Sheridan (1 Viewer)

BUSA

Tonight we are interviewing Irish midfielder Tony Sheridan who played for Cov City from 1992 till 1995 in the Premier League era. Anyone have any questions for Tony or memories of him playing for Cov ?

Legia Sky Blue

Remember him playing in the 3-0 opening day win at Arsenal. Thought we had a potential star at that point and seem to remember him being talked him up on MOTD too. He must have been on cloud 9 at that point. Instead he only played a couple more games though and that was it. Think he came to us with Willie Boland who wasn't half the player, but who ended up playing many more games for us.

BUSA

Yeah he started that season well for us then struggled with home sickness I believe. Hopefully doing a pod with boland in November

Adge

Yeah he got home sick and fell out with Phil Neal. Used to lodge up by the forum in Cov a couple of doors up from my Mum. Played snooker regularly with him and David Carmichael who was at Cov also at the time but he hated me beating him all the time. 😁

BUSA

Had a really good chat with re his time at cov & the players he played with & the managers also talked about Irish football as well. The podcast will be out on Tuesday

no_loyalty

Yeah he got home sick and fell out with Phil Neal. Used to lodge up by the forum in Cov a couple of doors up from my Mum. Played snooker regularly with him and David Carmichael who was at Cov also at the time but he hated me beating him all the time. 😁

Carmo was my manager when I played for Saunders Hall FC in the Nuneaton & Bedworth league, he’s a top fella.

BUSA

We are interviewing William Edgenjuele on Sunday & should be speaking with Willie Boland, Gavin O’Toole & Garry Thompson in the next few months

Users who are viewing this thread