Sixfields Protest Saturday 20th July (1 Viewer)

honestken

Northampton are playing Peterborough that day in a friendly so we should get as many fans as poss to go over there for 2pm for a protest outside the ground.

Hopefully we would get a few Northampton and Posh fans joining in to show their support.

It would also mean a bigger police bill for Northampton as more would have to be on duty if 100+ Cov fans turn up for a protest when 2 other teams are playing there.

NTFC

A protest at Sixfields will achieve nothing but kill the solidarity we you have got from our fans. You have the opportunity to go and protest at the Football league Headquarters yet you obsess over small time protests in places like Northampton and Nuneaton. Is that really the best you can do?

NorthernWisdom

A protest at Sixfields will achieve nothing but kill the solidarity we you have got from our fans. You have the opportunity to go and protest at the Football league Headquarters yet you obsess over small time protests in places like Northampton and Nuneaton. Is that really the best you can do?

I tend to agree.

Given we've been moved to the Sunday, we could even hold such a protest on the first day of the new season quite easily, draw attention to ourselves, allow everybody, be they intending to go Northampton or not, to attend a protest with the message that Coventry City belong in Coventry. A nice simple message that *everybody* can get behind.

Surely, *surely* we'd get a decent turnout then, given most of us would have had that day pencilled in to go to a bloody match anyway!

NTFC

I dedicated a whole thread to a protest at the FL HQ in London yet no ones seems bothered. The apathy for real action is worrying. Football League HQ is only 5 mins from Euston Station you could easily go down en masse. So what's stopping you?

NTFC

Believe me 500-1000 Cov outside Football League HQ on first weekend of the season would bring the place to a standstill.

NorthernWisdom

The apathy for real action is worrying.

Partly the problem I feel is the message, we're all so busy discussing who's right or wrong we're missing the fact that ultimately that doesn't matter, there's not one single Coventry fan who can't get behind a simple message that Coventry City's home is in Coventry!

Anyway I agree. London, first Saturday of the season when the media is focussed on football. Decent turnout, no pussyfooting about letting others do it on our behalf, no excuses for not having the day free as there's no match/ no match in Coventry... and not like we can't afford it with all the cash saved on season tickets!

davebow87

If it's a protest you want, then the one suggested by Brian Reade in Saturday's Daily Mirror would be a good one. For those that haven't read it, he suggested that on the day we are due to play our first "home" fixture, we all descend on Broadgate naked, in the style of Lady Godiva (either on horseback or on cycles) as a sign of our discontent. Imagine the press coverage?? I have to honestly say that I am up for it! Anyone else???....

rupert_bear

The problem has been a lot of fans dare I say most of us were thinking there would be an eleventh hour change and we would be at the Ricoh come August, it now seems inevitable that won't be the case. I get around in my job and I can assure you all there is a distinct change of mood in virtually all the fans I speak to and many are prepared to do their bit to get this decision altered, although late in the day until it happens there's time. Many do blame Northampton Town for getting into bed with sisu despite their record of not paying ground rent, not submitting accounts 3 years running. A trip to Northampton for one of their home games will be a possibility and many would go, just a shortish train trip

NTFC

If it's a protest you want, then the one suggested by Brian Reade in Saturday's Daily Mirror would be a good one. For those that haven't read it, he suggested that on the day we are due to play our first "home" fixture, we all descend on Broadgate naked, in the style of Lady Godiva (either on horseback or on cycles) as a sign of our discontent. Imagine the press coverage?? I have to honestly say that I am up for it! Anyone else???....

You would be laughing stocks that idea is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread