Sit In Tonight (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueDom26

Heard it on the TV this morning, everyone taking part??
Will it achieve much?

rob9872

Great idea - has this been tried before? What was the outcome? I think I'll head back to the car in time to hear MR saying how well we played and that Burton were a good side - a really, really good side, but we've shown how far we've come as a group and just those few small basic individual errors to work on, but we're not far away, not far away at all. We'll prepare now for Tuesday and see where it can take us"

SkyBlueDom26

Doesn't really achieve much in my eyes, just heard it on the TV this morning! Fair play to them that do take part though

chiefdave

Sit in could work. Wasps have a home game tomorrow, if people refused to leave until Wasps agreed to open talks with the club that might do something or at the very least give them a bit of a panic.

SkyBlueCRJ

Sit in could work. Wasps have a home game tomorrow, if people refused to leave until Wasps agreed to open talks with the club that might do something or at the very least give them a bit of a panic.

It would need to be a pretty big sit in though. Only then would it work in causing disruption and creating publicity. Otherwise Wasps can simply call the police and have people removed under the charge of trespassing.

chiefdave

It would need to be a pretty big sit in though. Only then would it work in causing disruption and creating publicity. Otherwise Wasps can simply force people from being removed under the charge of trespassing.
Indeed they could but I suspect Wasps refuse to talk to football club and forcibly remove fans will generate more press than fans hang around for 30 minutes after a match will.

FairPlay to anyone who is doing anything but not sure it will achieve much if it is just a repeat of the last couple of weeks.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think Wasps forcibly removing people would give them bad press as it would just be spun as Football Club stewards etc.

SkyBlueCRJ

Indeed they could but I suspect Wasps refuse to talk to football club and forcibly remove fans will generate more press than fans hang around for 30 minutes after a match will.

FairPlay to anyone who is doing anything but not sure it will achieve much if it is just a repeat of the last couple of weeks.

It would be within their right though? IMO the majority of fans wouldn't have the balls to do this so I doubt it would even come to that. If it's 10 people remaining in the Ricoh would it really create negative publicity? I personally don't think so as they'd just be seen as a nuisance.

Yeah I mean at least they're trying I can't knock them from that perspective. The idea is there it just doesn't possess enough weight. Not unless a significant number of fans join in.

MalcSB

It would be within their right though? IMO the majority of fans wouldn't have the balls to do this so I doubt it would even come to that. If it's 10 people remaining in the Ricoh would it really create negative publicity? I personally don't think so as they'd just be seen as a nuisance.

Yeah I mean at least they're trying I can't knock them from that perspective. The idea is there it just doesn't possess enough weight. Not unless a significant number of fans join in.

Ideally all of Singers Corner and those who like encroaching, seated together and producing sky blue scarves at an appropriate moment. With the possibility of it repeating at random intervals next season if ccfc is no more and there is time on people’s hands on a Saturday afternoon,

ccfcricoh

It's really hard to know what's worth doing or not...

Things for publicity clearly aren't working, we were on Sky against Luton and it was mentioned a number of times and they actually spoke about it more than i thought they would, we wont get better "publicity" than that, and that did sweet FA.

Most people in the football world know the position we are in already, but do nothing about it.

Nothing at all against those trying things as the saying goes, "its better to do something than nothing at all!" But sitting at the Ricoh after a game with no-one else there wont achieve much other than maybe a comment in the telegraph

shmmeee

If it was properly planned and say 100 of us brought blankets and spent the night there it’d be amazing. 10 people who get moved on after ten minutes not so much.

SkyBlueCRJ

Ideally all of Singers Corner and those who like encroaching, seated together and producing sky blue scarves at an appropriate moment. With the possibility of it repeating at random intervals next season if ccfc is no more and there is time on people’s hands on a Saturday afternoon,

Unless someone gets behind it then there's no chance it would be organised. This is what the Trust should be organising, not a jolly boys outing to London.

Pete in Portugal

It would need to be a pretty big sit in though. Only then would it work in causing disruption and creating publicity. Otherwise Wasps can simply call the police and have people removed under the charge of trespassing.

I think the trespass charge which the police can use is aggravated trespass under section 68 of the Public Order Act 1994. It may be easier though for them to use a Breach of the Peace charge. This is because people will have already been given permission to enter the ground, which might complicate things.

I doubt whether any action will be taken though.

Last edited:

SkyBlueCRJ

I think the trespass charge which the police can use is aggravated trespass under section 68 of the Public Order Act 1994. It may be easier though for them to use a Breach of the Peace charge. This is because people will have already been given permission to enter the ground, which might complicate things.

Interestingly I had a quick look and it could actually fall under squatting. Squatting is illegal in a residential property but not in a commercial property. Although i'm sure the police would spin it as I'm sure the majority including myself aren't well versed in the laws of the land.

Pete in Portugal

Interestingly I had a quick look and it could actually fall under squatting. Squatting is illegal in a residential property but not in a commercial property. Although i'm sure the police would spin it as I'm sure the majority including myself aren't well versed in the laws of the land.

Provided i's peaceful, I can't see the police wanting to get involved at all - just think of all the paperwork.

SkyBlueCRJ

I can't see the police wanting to get involved at all - just think of all the paperwork.

Like I said it depends how many people are there. They wouldn't necessarily have to make arrests, just move people on. If there's too many people for them to do anything then they more than likely won't but they'd at least have to come and investigate if called. It's their legal duty to do so.

Pete in Portugal

Like I said it depends how many people are there. They wouldn't necessarily have to make arrests, just move people on. If there's too many people for them to do anything then they more than likely won't but they'd at least have to come and investigate if called. It's their legal duty to do so.

I'm sure they will be in attendance if requested, but I believe it's unlikely they will intervene, provided people keep their heads and don't do anything provocative.

no_loyalty

If I ran onto the pitch during a Wasps game, will I just get banned from attending Rugby matches? if so I could live with that, my only concern would be getting rugby tackled by one of the players.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Trespass is a civil offence, so the police couldn't get involved unless it became a breach of the peace or Wasps got a court order which was then ignored.
The other issue that it has to be the LAND OWNER who brings the civil suit of trespass. Now who owns the freehold of the Ricoh? City Council, if memory serves!!

skyblueinBaku

If I ran onto the pitch during a Wasps game, will I just get banned from attending Rugby matches? if so I could live with that, my only concern would be getting rugby tackled by one of the players.
Like this?:

Users who are viewing this thread