SISU's investment (1 Viewer)

Can anyone explain the following...as claimed by some, including Andy 'SCOOP' Turner last week.

SISU have pumped in £30-£40m into CCFC.

Their assets are less than £1m.

How have they pumped in so much money?

Have they simply added more debt to the debt they inherited in December 2007?

If it is the latter statement, then can folk please stop using the words 'SISU' and 'investment' in the same sentence, please....:thinking about:

WillieStanley

I could be wrong, but I think the investment hasn't come from SISU themselves. They have merely managed those investments. They have a string of investors who remain nameless which is where the money comes from.

Lord_Nampil

Wages??? Scarry to think Freddy Eastwood cost roughly 4 million in total 10% of there 40 million investment?? Also I'm guessing roughly 5 million in rent?? I'm only guessing but it seems they wasted the investment on players wages and the rent! Instead of going for bricks and morter! Remember very clearly ranson saying he wanted to move the training ground nearer to the ground, but needed to spend half a million to bring Ryton up to scratch! Things they should have done!!!!

Wages??? Scarry to think Freddy Eastwood cost roughly 4 million in total 10% of there 40 million investment?? Also I'm guessing roughly 5 million in rent?? I'm only guessing but it seems they wasted the investment on players wages and the rent! Instead of going for bricks and morter! Remember very clearly ranson saying he wanted to move the training ground nearer to the ground, but needed to spend half a million to bring Ryton up to scratch! Things they should have done!!!!

That has been done from money raised in the last 4 and a half years/borrowed on future monies (i.e season ticket sales).

Where has the £30-£40m been invested as some claim????

I'll give you a week to find the answer (that's a good way to spend a week of your life....:facepalm:).

I could be wrong, but I think the investment hasn't come from SISU themselves. They have merely managed those investments. They have a string of investors who remain nameless which is where the money comes from.

Oh, these are our saviours....are you really telling me that savvy private investors, which is what folk with that kind of wonga will/should be, have given SISU £30-£40m to invest since December 2007, only to be told the state the club is now by Joy and the Boys...and what this means for their £30-£40m investment??? Smell the coffee, mate....there has been no 'investment'...they have spent what has been raised, borrowed more from the bank (as they stated at the start of the season when they said that they had 'financial reassurances from SISU and the bank')...when these people go, we will find that the debt has simply been added to......

Another reason why the Hoffman deal is no nearer to completion....which investor in their right mind is going to take on such a debt...SISU did in December 2007, as a gamble...and it hasn't paid off, they lost....end of.

That is the severity of the situation....only someone with money to burn with little/no expected return is going to take us over...and relegation to L1 means that there are at least 50 clubs in England which could be a better investment.

Only a Man City/Chelsea ownership situation will save the club. I see no other way......:thinking about:

Lord_Nampil

That has been done from money raised in the last 4 and a half years/borrowed on future monies (i.e season ticket sales).

Where has the £30-£40m been invested as some claim????

I'll give you a week to find the answer (that's a good way to spend a week of your life....:facepalm:).

Ill try, though my deadline at work may get in the way! lol

Im guessing it also may include pay offs when they took over?? But i thought that was 20 million? arghh i dunno, to me they have just wasted 40 million rather than invested, invested means you have something to show for it, i.e. you invest in a house or a car, if they had invested in the ground at the start, then the word investment could be used???

Nampli, the debt has grown (nearly doubled) according to the last accounts since they took over.

So, when/if we get the next accounts, and the debt is nearer £50m, unless they have spread it amongst several companies....I'd like someone to tell me where this 'investment' went....?

No accounts filed, trying to buy the Ricoh through 'heavy-handed tactics', trying to hide the mess made of CCFC prior to any purchase....anyone else see what SISU are doing here?????

dongonzalos

I believe they made a decision in the first season. Keep the club from going into admin to not lose the 10 points invest and get into the premiership in one go. Then sell the club on.

As oppose to use the money to acquire half the stadium then invest later and get into the prem in 5-7 years.

It was a gutsy gamble at the beginning but it has screwed us now.

I think all the cut backs since then, the relegation and the worry by the council about the business sense of sisu, bearing mind that original gamble. Has led to the council been very concerned now SISU has turned their attention to the stadium.

Regarding the money, is it not SISU's secret investors have offered loans to clear the original debts to the bank at a tune of about 30 million. Stopping the club from going into admin. Also are the loans not interest free?

They are loans though so technically SISU's investors will want their money back.

But that with the wages and transfers fees is probably where the figures come from.
I think?

Last edited:

AFCCOVENTRY

They have underwritten the debt in their name. So technically they haven't spent that much but at the same time they have....

it's confusing but hopefully you catch my drift

skyblue_rich

I have heard that sisu original plan was to buy good lower league players, get promoted, then not spend any of the money gain from promotion, and sell the club either as a struggling PL team or after we would have been relegated back

wingy

Can anyone explain the following...as claimed by some, including Andy 'SCOOP' Turner last week.

SISU have pumped in £30-£40m into CCFC.

Their assets are less than £1m.

How have they pumped in so much money?

Have they simply added more debt to the debt they inherited in December 2007?

If it is the latter statement, then can folk please stop using the words 'SISU' and 'investment' in the same sentence, please....:thinking about:
LBB you need to run through the FAQ stickies in board and finance ,we have a genious on here who along with Godiva have set out whats happened and where they think we're at, in short their claim to have put this money up does appear pluasable ,but the losses we hear quoted presently seem incredulous.

J

Jack Griffin

I think there is no chance they will let the transfer window go by with the transfer embargo in place.
But I do think they will play it to the wire to unnerve the council & ACL.

Anyway, to remlove the embargo they have to file the accounts, then we can see what debts the club is carrying. The 3rd tier fixtures are set to start on 18th August, so I predict they will be filed in first week of August.

Just be cool, they have the debt problem & have to resolve it. It is not the council's responsibility to bail them out again.
Let them put their own house in order or sell to someone who has the money & is up to the challenge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread