SISU - Wheres the money gone? (1 Viewer)

Skybluesy

Its over two years since Sisu's takeover of our club came 45 minutes before the club was going to be placed into administration.
I just read an old article in which, amongst all the support from the exiting board there is talk from Ray Ranson of a promised £20m investment in the club.

I can't for the life of me think that we've spent anymore than £2m let alone £20m!

With the shedding of players that has cut the squad to the bone the additions of a few players but most have been loans and frees.

I would have thought that wages would have balanced out with the comings and goings of players.
I know there has been investment in the training facility but I don't think that was any more than half a million.

So where is the "promised" funds - or was it just a load of sound bites to placate the emotionally battered fan base in our hour of need?

Don't get me wrong - we needed a saviour and Sisu came in to breath life into a failing business but it seems we are back in A&E again with a failing life support system.

Why is it when other clubs get rescued from the brink of failure - Chelsea being a great example of this - do they get the necessary injection of funds to seek success yet we haven't

I can't believe that this club is being run any different to any other Championship club - we'll be making a lose but so will most other clubs. What seems to count is the ambitions of the owners and where that matters investments are being made in the belief that it will bring success. I can't see this ambition with Sisu at the moment and the same "fingers crossed" approach that prevailed last season is still the order of the day.
It is time now for Ray Ranson and Sisu to honour their "promise" that was made two years ago and invest in the team to realise the ambition it should have as owners of the club. I don't think that is being unreasonable is it? Come on Ray show us the money!

covsteve

Yes i agree we need to see some more money being spent on players, i think the club off the pitch is being run very smoothly at the moment (debt free etc) on the pitch not so good. Did anybody see the article on covmad about Asian investors who apparantly have invested a six figure sum into the club?

CovInEssex

Your very Anti-RR&CC&SISU Skybluesy. 3 threads about them in less then 24 hours speaks volumes.

What exactly do you dislike about them?

Nick

Administrator
Yes i agree we need to see some more money being spent on players, i think the club off the pitch is being run very smoothly at the moment (debt free etc) on the pitch not so good. Did anybody see the article on covmad about Asian investors who apparantly have invested a six figure sum into the club?

I saw it, but I didn't actually see a quote from the guy about it? It quotes some other stuff and then just says about them investing.

TheSnoz

The club made a major investment in Freddy but he hasn't come off. Clingan too, good money on Westwood, Wood cost a lot. Baker a few hundred thousand. David Bell a fair bit. Dann & Fox cost too. Money on the training ground. Paying wages, it all adds up.
You could run through all the clubs in the Championship and few of them would be healthy financially. Cardiff, Palace, Derby etc.
They really need to get in somebody that will score regularly. I know it sounds obvious but it will be the difference between success & mediocrity. And for Chris Coleman to be a little more ambitious in his style of play. At the minute a lot of people are fed up. Wouldn't blame them.

Maybe some of the £20M was used to bale the club out of the financial mess it was in. At the moment, the club is running at a loss to the tune of £4M a year - SISU have to find that cash every season.

The only way for the club to make a profit is to play football in the Premiership. RR has repeatedly said that this is the aim of the club but they will not put the long-term future of CCFC in jepardy by living beyond their means (like it was run previously). If CC is allowed to spend big on players, SISU will also have to fund the massive wage bill that will follow (portsmouth - £3M/month!!) this will result in a non-sustainable business and promotion will not be be guaranteed (Ipswich??).
The only alternative to spending big is to appoint a good manager and give him time to find a squad of players who are capable of getting us promotion (or we find a billionaire who is willing to invest in a run-of-the-mill midlands football club)

Users who are viewing this thread