SISU Not happy with the MP's (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

I hate when this kind of thing is presented as a 'club statement'. I mean, technically that's correct, but it's not Coventry City saying this stuff, it's the dickheads taking it away.

RegTheDonk

Nick will be going apoplectic with all these comments getting close to defamation! I think I would like acl to reject cva too and call fishers bluff but that doesn't resolve our problems or theirs. It would likely mean at best continued administration, poor playing side and potentially points loss and Sisu in ownership. At worst it could mean liquidation of the club. This though could mean no Sisu and new owners but a significant drop in the football pyramid. Absolute nightmare!! My opinion is that Sisu should be held to account and that the club is already lost to us

Nick, I think you need to put somewhere CLEARLY on the web site, in the footer or header perhaps, something to the effect of Sky Blues Talk isn't responsible for the posts, its the view of members, etc. Dunno what the legal wording would be to ensue we get sued but you dont!

Nonleagueherewecome

"Hedge Fund in not-a-fan-of Democracy shocker."

Astute

Nick, I think you need to put somewhere CLEARLY on the web site, in the footer or header perhaps, something to the effect of Sky Blues Talk isn't responsible for the posts, its the view of members, etc. Dunno what the legal wording would be to ensue we get sued but you dont!

Nick is covered from cases that have set a precedent. As long as he removes posts they ask he is OK.

I will go on record as saying Tim is economical with the truth. This can be proved. I will go on record as saying Joy is economical with the truth.....as long as a judge was right on what he said about her :D

Sky Blues

On a slight tangent, weirdly, from a legal standpoint, I suspect Nick might be better off leaving the forum without moderation - but please don't take that as gospel!

Edit: Subject to the caveat that Astute mentions above that posts are removed when flagged.

James Smith

Club statement on Parliamentary Early Day Motion and subsequent amendments
On Tuesday, Jim Cunningham MP tabled an Early Day Motion in Parliament calling for an urgent meeting to be convened between the club, ACL, Coventry City Council and the Football League.

We appreciate the genuine concern about the current situation felt by Mr Cunningham and his fellow Coventry MP, Geoffrey Robinson, who sponsored the motion, and indeed that felt by many of their constituents.

The Rt. Hon. Bob Ainsworth MP subsequently submitted an amendment to this motion saying inter alia that the club's owner has no viable plan or intention to return to the Coventry area and had put itself into administration as part of a deliberate strategy developed over time to defraud its creditors.

These statements have no foundation whatsoever in fact and are grossly defamatory.

If Mr Ainsworth genuinely believes his statements to be true, we respectfully invite him to repeat them outside Parliament and not to hide behind parliamentary privilege.

If he is not prepared to do this, we can only conclude that he does not in fact believe them to be true, in which case he should immediately withdraw them.

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-100713-907118.aspx#Eti3Z4uwEFfjL7Ow.99

So go on then SISU, sue them for defamation I thought you liked court cases - you might find parliamentary privilege gets in the way of you being successful though.

Astute

So go on then SISU, sue them for defamation I thought you liked court cases - you might find parliamentary privilege gets in the way of you being successful though.

What about the truth? They would have to prove their plans. Not just saying they will.

James Smith

What about the truth? They would have to prove their plans. Not just saying they will.

Ooh yeah, that little problem, although I'm sure Tim will just keep saying they're looking at sites for the White Elephant. I'm waiting for the Judicial Review where we will see if Tim actually has all the documents he's said he's got over the past few months.

I'mARealWizard

I doubt SISU will pay the expense to come half way around the world just to sue me. Unless they could get a share of the F&B streams from the airline..

I'll happily state anything you need saying ;-)

Astute

I doubt SISU will pay the expense to come half way around the world just to sue me. Unless they could get a share of the F&B streams from the airline..

I'll happily state anything you need saying ;-)

The truth will do :D

Senior Vick from Alicante

Heres a truth, why would you pay an agency to monitor and remove all internet pictures and reports on you if you operated a business that didn't always conduct its dealings in the shadows? Why would a judge state that you had a economic grasp of the facts if he believe'd what you were saying. Why would your appointed employee say one thing and do another after making public statements, why would you say that information gathered is of a commercial confidential nature when it does not suit your side of the argument, why would you consistently not produce accounts like the other 91 league members if you have nothing to hide. Why if you were open and honest would you ask ex board members to sign confidentiality agreements, why if you have nothing to hide do you remove people who care about our club form the board. Some call it smoke and mirrors some call it spin but some of us that understand the English language know what these phrases mean. Trouble is you have to have a very good memory when you are constantly blowing smoke up peoples arses and your appointed representative has neither business acumen or memory. PUSB

Nonleagueherewecome

The truth? SISU can't handle the truth! No-true handlers, SISU! I deride their truth handling abilities!

Sorry, it's obligatory upon mention of the "t" word.

whiteheadj

well said sisu. i think ainsworth was acting in a disgusting manner . . . just an attempt to keep the fans turning against their own club. parliamentary privilege does not mean an m.p can lie. i am making an official complaint to the parliamentary ombudsman and will complain of ainsworth lying. i also believe as he did lie privilege is automatically refused. naming footballers taking out super injunctions like john hemming mp did is fine .. but you can use privilege to defame, slander and libel. you can only reveal truth and be protected

What a complete idiot, can you please justify your comments? And were has he lied or are you fisher in disguise! Haha I'm reporting you to the police anyway as a village is clearly missing an idiot!

DazzleTommyDazzle

well said sisu. i think ainsworth was acting in a disgusting manner . . . just an attempt to keep the fans turning against their own club. parliamentary privilege does not mean an m.p can lie. i am making an official complaint to the parliamentary ombudsman and will complain of ainsworth lying. i also believe as he did lie privilege is automatically refused. naming footballers taking out super injunctions like john hemming mp did is fine .. but you can use privilege to defame, slander and libel. you can only reveal truth and be protected

Can I express my shock and surprise that this post came from someone who only joined the site this month and has only posted once before.

But please don't tell Lord or Grendel that I said that :)

cofastreecity

Home Truth

Bob has touched on some home truths, BDO are obviously well connected to SISU and want there other accounts to be kept in tact, Appleton dancing on thin ice and Mr & Mrs Bill Florence what are you up to?

James Smith

I applaud your inside knowledge of the situation, can you share with us any of your proof that this MP has lied? His nickname may well be Bollocks Bob but that doesn't automatically mean and neither should anyone infer that he is telling a lie based on that.

Astute

I applaud your inside knowledge of the situation, can you share with us any of your proof that this MP has lied? His nickname may well be Bollocks Bob but that doesn't automatically mean and neither should anyone infer that he is telling a lie based on that.

Well I believe everything Trustful Timmy says.........until he opens his mouth.

Johnnythespider

:whistle:There was a third early day motion, in trap 3 at 8:30 this morning.:rolleyes: Whatever the situation you can always rely on me to lower the tone.

letsallsingtogether

Bob Ainsworth is not even a City fan as he does not like Football, so fair play to him for trying to save our beloved football club from these alleged blood sucking vultures..

mattylad

The decision to allow Coventry City to play their home games at Northampton has been raised in Parliament.Jim Cunningham, MP for Coventry South, called the decision "a disgrace".The Football League has allowed the club to play their home games 34 miles from the city following a rent dispute with the owners of the Ricoh Arena.Leader of the House of Commons, Andrew Lansley, advised the Labour MP to try and get an adjournment debate on the decision.Mr Cunningham told the house: "The Football League has made the decision that the football club can now play in Northampton - a round trip of 70 miles at great expense."'Deep regret'Mr Lansley promised to raise the ground share with the Department of Media, Culture and Sport.

mattylad

An adjournment debate is simply a way in the Commons of having a general debate without requiring the House to vote.There are several different types of adjournment debate. Some allow the Commons to hold a general open-ended debate on a subject or a government policy without reaching a formal decision about it. Others provide an opportunity for backbench MPs to raise constituency issues or other matters relating to government administration or policy - and to obtain a response from a government minister.

In the Commons chamber

There is a half-hour adjournment debate at the end of each day’s sitting. Members apply for an adjournment debate to the Speakers Office. Subject matters of adjournment debates are varied; examples include debates on defence issues, pensions and combating benefit fraud. The Speaker chooses Thursday’s subject; for other days, MPs are selected by ballot.At the end of the day’s business, which is normally 10pm on Mondays and Tuesdays, 7pm on Wednesdays, 6pm on Thursdays and 2.30pm on Fridays, the Speaker calls a government whip to move ‘That this House do now adjourn’.The MP who tabled the relevant adjournment debate is called to speak and a Minister will reply. The MP has no right of response, but can intervene in the Minister’s speech if he or she is willing to allow it (called ‘giving way’).

mattylad

So deciphering all that the speaker has given Jim Cunningham the green light to table a question to the sports or culture minister next week which the minister questioned will then make a statement in relation to.

blend

Got this wrong, emailed and got a reply back to say this is the address for constituents only. Email address for her as sports, media and culture minister is as follows....

[email protected]

cofastreecity

The Accounts are not a mess they are very clear, on 22 March 2012 Arvo inserted a Charge on CCFCL, on 2 April they ceased paying rent, on 19 June 2012 Mr Fisher signed off the Limited and Holdings Accounts as being accurate, on 20 June 2012 Julien Rye of BDO the Auditors signed off the Accounts as being accurate, on 22 June 2012 the accounts were filed at companies house and the Football League embargo was lifted. On 21 March 2013 Holdings stated that CCFC Limited had not assets was only a dormant property company and had no employees on or off the pitch, wake up Appleton, Football League and Police, this is suspicious and corrupt beyond belief, go for it Mr Ainsworth you are getting to the heart of the problem, Mr Fisher, Bradley, Labovitch, Clarke and Seppala have been fiddling the books

wingy

The Accounts are not a mess they are very clear, on 22 March 2012 Arvo inserted a Charge on CCFCL, on 2 April they ceased paying rent, on 19 June 2012 Mr Fisher signed off the Limited and Holdings Accounts as being accurate, on 20 June 2012 Julien Rye of BDO the Auditors signed off the Accounts as being accurate, on 22 June 2012 the accounts were filed at companies house and the Football League embargo was lifted. On 21 March 2013 Holdings stated that CCFC Limited had not assets was only a dormant property company and had no employees on or off the pitch, wake up Appleton, Football League and Police, this is suspicious and corrupt beyond belief, go for it Mr Ainsworth you are getting to the heart of the problem, Mr Fisher, Bradley, Labovitch, Clarke and Seppala have been fiddling the books

Yes ,Mr Ainsworth deserves great credit for the Jolt he Is giving to the Process.Always found him a very honourable MP ,apart from having been In an unenviable Situation re Iraq.

Users who are viewing this thread