SISU Choices (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

1. Keep putting it's INVESTOR'S money in to keep the club afloat.
2. Go into Administration.
3. Get joint investment
4 Sell

I can't for the life of me se how SISU, as a hedge fund, can justify risking it's invester's money into a failing business. I'd really like to know how SISU intends to "keep going".

If I was any interested party thinking of buying the Club, I'd wait until SISU is either forced to sell or go into administation.

Bennets Afro

So if SISU are covering the interim losses then why is the debt not going up. We have owed SISU £30m for about 3 years now and where has the money from player sales gone as it clearly hasn't been reinvested in the team???

BrisbaneBronco

So if SISU are covering the interim losses then why is the debt not going up. We have owed SISU £30m for about 3 years now and where has the money from player sales gone as it clearly hasn't been reinvested in the team???

I would say that the $30m is what SISU have put in to the club ie player purchases/ex managers compensation/work at Ryton/payments to previous regime(Robinson) This is shown as a debt owed to them. This has not increased because SISU have stopped putting money into the club.
The money from player sales is the cost of keeping the club afloat, and when there are no more decent players to sell, we will be in strife.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The player sales do not cover the losses - see the Tim Fisher article recently in The Telegraph. SISU continue to finance the shortfall.

Think we have to join the dots up properly. Yes he said they are continueing to put money in - but it isnt to the same extent as a year ago - cost savings have significantly reduced the cashflow requirement despite lower attendances. But in his piece TF says that the club do not get all transfer money up front, payments are staged, so a big element of what SISU are doing is bridging a cashflow. The sale of Juke will make a big dent in any losses for 2012 because of our profit on the deal but the cashflow for it may take a year+ to come in. TF was very precise in what he did and didnt say (much like RR). I do not think we should take everything he says at face value - there are gaps in it and do not actually match up to what we know.

I agree player sales wont cover all the losses but it will seriously dent them, add in the savings on player contract write downs, significant savings on wages and other costs, then the losses should be a lot lower even despite the crowds

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I am not at all sure that SISU are looking to leave in which case administration or even liquidation are not on the table. Cost savings, player sales are. League 1 almost certain.

Also leaves SISU with no choice but to provide some cashflow funding in that case

I am not at all sure that SISU are looking to leave in which case administration or even liquidation are not on the table. Cost savings, player sales are. League 1 almost certain.

Also leaves SISU with no choice but to provide some cashflow funding in that case

It is a difficult time for the most ardent of fans.

Do we cling on to Championship status, knowing in truth we cannot compete financially (in the absence of stadium ownership), and face the prospect of another season fighting relegation OR do we accept relegation provided we see investment in youth and a team / manager capable of competing in Division 1 and thus a season whereby we push for play-offs etc.

I ask this question from an emotional perspective only (and I do not invite SISU this and that comments in response). A season of relegation battle or a season of promotion possibility. The latter makes for more entertaining football and a more enjoyable matchday experience.

Perhaps we do need to take one step backwards to take two steps forwards after so many years of mismanagement - Project Premier League ripped the heart and soul out of this club, and successive ownership / boards have had to pick up the pieces and try to make things right (without much success).

Tin hat time...

EleanorRigby

I think it is quiet plain SISU no longer put any of their money into the football club, apparently our player wage bill is about £70k a week, Just over a quarter of a million a month plus the matchday rent, about £150k a match plus other bits and pieces that equates to around the half million a month they (SISU) say we lose each month. Selling players covers that, Turner and Gunnarsson about 3 months, Jukiewicz about 4 months plus gate receipts. Not far off our running costs but what happens when we no longer have the players to sell ? Keogh is about the only one left who we would get decent dosh for.

Users who are viewing this thread