Sir Alex Ferguson (1 Viewer)

bishbosh

In the light of the recent Ryan Giggs scenario I have decided to seek opinions as to whether Sir Alex is a 'bit' of a bully? I am of the opinion that he can be. I saw on the BBC web site the little conversation he had with his (I'm guessing) press secretary suggesting banning the journalist who asked the Giggs question, which was unrelated to Giggs' current press story.

This latest example of 'toys out of the pram' goes along with his critisism of referees and quite obvious attacks on their character and ability (the fitness, ability and so on). While most managers bemoan decisions few sink to such levels.

I grudgingly accept his achievements but are such opinions of Sir Alex acceptable - i.e. is it a form of workplace bullying? the football pitch is as much his workplace as the training ground and press conferences.

rob9872

Closing ranks and protecting his "children" is all it is imo.

Like you I respect him but don't like him. He manipulates refereee and knows the FA are scared of him and his club and I agree he can be a bully, but with the Giggs issue he has treated him the same as he did with the scandals surrounding Rooney, Ferdinand, Beckham and Cantona and probably many others over the years. Behind closed dorrs he may have things to say, but for the public front he will back them all the way. He has nurtured these guys for years and I'm sure Giggs will be a friend of his not just a footballer after all this time. If he sess a threat he will extinguish it at the earliest opportunity like any good parent or friend would.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Ferguson is a twat! He grates me! He has achieved a record of 19 Prem Titles and rubs it in the face of every other club in the land! Why? Just to wind them up! I can't stand the scots twat (no offence to other Jocks on the board!) I just 'ate 'im!! End of discussion!

Covstu

I think the guy is fantastic and has worked wonders time and time again and has not spent big all of the time. I agree with Rob, this is protecting his own, particularly the likes of Giggs, Scholes, Neville etc who he has worked with for over 20 years.

Nick

Administrator
I think he gets away with murder. I don't like him, the FA are too scared of him and he knows it.

bishbosh

Nick, that's the problem I have with him and my original bully remark - no one should be able to have so much power over the people who run the game (be it the FA or the Premier League). Granted that those two associations should grow some b@11s but that is still not an excuse to be able to get away with what he does.

Macca

Yep we would have hated him if he would have achieved all that for the City. Better than the losers we have had over the years.

I'm pretty sure he sleeps easy at night knowing he has the love and amiration of thousands of Man Utd fans and the respect of many in the game.

If the FA haven't got the balls to deal with him he will manipulate them even more. He's a fighter not a pussy.

Users who are viewing this thread