Singing/Singers Corner/Atmosphere (1 Viewer)

covan

When the songs were sang. We (block 15/16) were louder than ever, but unfortunately it was difficult to get any other song started apart from PUSB & sky blue army. I heard the lads at the back with the drumb trying, it didn't grow fast enough to keep the song going to create a mighty roar so they went back to the old faithful. And the reason for this.. Plastic fans. Head up once or twice a year (if that sometimes) and unfortunately unless hym sheets are passed out. People won't experience the same atmosphere as a good home local derby or an away game. Atmosphere can help in a game. Big time. Look how many times you have heard or read about our players/managers past and present praising the SBA after a win away & referring to us as the 12th man.. Put a load of 'new' fans in the mix & it just gets confusing. The ONLY thing positive to come from losing 3-0 is now these 'new fans' (in my opinion more trouble than they are worth) won't be here come Saturday.

For all the new fans who are reading this. PUSB - stands for play up sky blues & SBA stands for Sky Blue Army... The 2 songs you know,, .

kingharvest

The ONLY thing positive to come from losing 3-0 is now these 'new fans' (in my opinion more trouble than they are worth) won't be here come Saturday.

That's insane, you don't surely believe that!? Lets not have 30000 fans cause they don't know the songs. Hilarious.

steveo1987

Yeah let's hope the casual fan especially with young kids never turn up again.We wouldn't want the next generation up at the Ricoh now would we?

Flying Fokker

Good points......I did notice a feeble attempt to sing 'Stand Up, if you love city'.

The majority don't connect with the notion that everyone should stand up because a group of fans say we should.

I just can't get enough, lame....of an era....out of context.....

Sky Blues song....Come on lads, invent something new for city. You are the lifeblood of the future support.

Last edited:

Flying Fokker

And another thing, in 15ears time the grey and the bald will all be pushing up daisies. City will be singers corner and you will all be sitting down!

coundonskyblue

What a load of crap. If you think it wasn't a good atmosphere then I suggest you go for a hearing test.

Alsi anyone who wants an empty ground is promoting the destruction of the club.

pusbccfc

Embarrassing when we sing stand up if you love city, and only the corner plus a few behind the goal stud up.

Telegraph, what's going on seriously.

Nick

Administrator
some people go to watch a football match

Exactly! I sat in 18 and half the people standing up because they love city missed half the game turning round like a conductor trying to start songs waving their arms!

Cbaker89

Yea I can see what your satin Covan I was in block 19 and couldn't hear the drums and the attempts to get different songs going was there, but nobody was willing, the atmosphere was buzzing but we did need to get begin the team be positive and work together as the twelfth man. When we conceded all was sung was play up sky blues about 5x in a row...sounded good but really boring to sing over and over!!! I also believe booing after the game was ridiculous as well. Why boo how does that help. No matter what we could of done last night we wouldn't of scored! We need to make the players want to play for us and for this club and by singing showing our support and being positive we will do this and move our club forward, and to do that we need FANS!! SUPPORTERS who support!!!

Users who are viewing this thread