Sinclaire concedes (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

Hopefully this is the last we'll hear of her..

22:24 Sinclaire concedes
_75098817_bff8af0a-0cf8-48fd-a6e8-8f8f22012bd2.jpg

Former UKIP MEP Nikki Sinclaire, who left the party to stand in the 2014 Euro elections for the We Demand a Referendum Now Party, has conceded defeat in her bid for re-election. In a statement, Ms Sinclaire said: "My employers have spoken, and it would seem I have been unsuccessful in my attempt to be re-elected as an MEP for the West Midlands region."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/eu-regions/E15000005

Grendel

Why is this in a Coventry City General Chat thread? Can the mods move it?

Grendel

I'm running the risk of posting after a good night out so will leave it for you, Jack, to make some sense of this but....Les Reid, Brian Patton, Nikki Sinclaire - all respected people who somehow got involved in the ccfc saga and end up losing out??? Or possibly just the beer talking!

If sinclaire had stayed with UKIP shed be celebrating so yes you are talking bollocks.

Noggin

If sinclaire had stayed with UKIP shed be celebrating so yes you are talking bollocks.

no she wouldn't Labour won (unless you somehow feel that Sinclaire would have brought a massive influx to ukip which isn't realistic), but the fact she had left meant she had zero chance in this election so this isn't news, what did she get about 1%?

paulw

Agree Grendel. Labour won but that's because the vote was split. I admire Nikki for standing up for what she believes. Yes, she could have stayed with UKIP and enjoyed their 5 minutes of fame but issues saw her move to a very small party knowing she would possibly lose.

Astute

Agree Grendel. Labour won but that's because the vote was split. I admire Nikki for standing up for what she believes. Yes, she could have stayed with UKIP and enjoyed their 5 minutes of fame but issues saw her move to a very small party knowing she would possibly lose.

Is that right?

Made comments about Farage that he asked her to repeat away from parliament. She wouldn't. Said that the best part of being a MEP was that it had made her rich. Got thrown out of UKIP. Made her voters unhappy. Got involved with the Ricoh argument to try and get votes. Never worked. Goodbye and good riddance.

Johnnythespider

I think you will find that the vote is always split. She can get a proper job now, thinking about it we have just had a women into manufacturing open day where I work, she can come and get her hands dirty with the rest of us if she wants.

rupert_bear

No way should this post be removed. Over the last twelve months her name has been linked with our club and the Ricoh affair so we can't ignore that. Politically she is further to the right than Maggie ever was and potentially dangerous. Doubt if we have heard the last of her either.

bigfatronssba

Well we can see this site has alot of forgiving bitches on it.

Are you saying its "nasty" to be glad a politician we don't agree with didn't get in?

Grendel

no she wouldn't Labour won (unless you somehow feel that Sinclaire would have brought a massive influx to ukip which isn't realistic), but the fact she had left meant she had zero chance in this election so this isn't news, what did she get about 1%?

The vote was split though wasn't it? Also the second choice aspect would have probably played better without the split not just the first.

GaryPendrysEyes

Well wrapping herself in skyblue and having a dig at the council for votes didnt do the trick. Awful woman in every respect. Good riddance.

Kingokings204

I hate people in life sticking their nose in others business. She has no right to interfere in the Ricoh saga and she got involved for quick and easy votes. Cheap person. Just like Brian pratton they have both lost and hopefully Coventry people will benefit.

Pathetic. It has honestly made my day she lost and I think will make her a better person.

Ian1779

Well wrapping herself in skyblue and having a dig at the council for votes didnt do the trick. Awful woman in every respect. Good riddance.

Don't talk bollocks. Happy to lap her up when she spoke at the protest last year. You all turned on her because she stopped reading from the anti-SISU sermon.

torchomatic

Why is this in a Coventry City General Chat thread? Can the mods move it?

Because Jack and his mates are interested in that kind of stuff. Amazed that Astute hasn't already liked it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

bigfatronssba

Don't talk bollocks. Happy to lap her up when she spoke at the protest last year. You all turned on her because she stopped reading from the anti-SISU sermon.

Interesting that someone who "wants pressure to be put on both sides" is now sticking up for someone who only applied pressure to one side.

Grendel

I know this site is hilarious for hypocricy.

Les Reid was an award winning journalist then want to a untrustworthy hack in one night.

The funniest is Ann Lucas. See what certain posters thought of her when the Marlon king saga was on. Hilarious stuff.

GaryPendrysEyes

Dont think I'd be 'lapping her up' mate-- not a nice thought tbh. Over to you if you like a bit of weird right wing populist lapping up.

torchomatic

That's bang on. They loved her at the march they turned on her afterwards after daring to question the Council which is a huge no no on here for 99% of posters.

skybluetony176

Yeah right, that's why she polled at 2%. She would have won outright if we hadn't all turned on her.

torchomatic

Interesting that someone who "wants pressure to be put on both sides" is now sticking up for someone who only applied pressure to one side.

So do you think a Council owned stadium is good for Coventry City?

Grendel

bigfatronssba

So do you think a Council owned stadium is good for Coventry City?

Ownership of the stadium is irrelevant, its to do with revenues apparently.

Do you think a hedge fund owned football club is good for the City of Coventry?

torchomatic

GaryPendrysEyes

Oh dear the Nikki rah rah girls have turned up. The ones that said theyd never go to Sixfields, preaching about hypocrisy haha.

As to Nikki, she lost, too bad, nevermind.

torchomatic

Ownership of the stadium is irrelevant, its to do with revenues apparently.

Do you think a hedge fund owned football club is good for the City of Coventry?

So you give your support to the Council in preference to the football club. Fair enough. I never doubted where your loyalties lay. In the Council Chamber.

And yes better to have the team IN the city than no team at all.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Oh dear the Nikki rah rah girls have turned up. The ones that said theyd never go to Sixfields, preaching about hypocrisy haha.

As to Nikki, she lost, too bad, nevermind.

Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah.

Last edited:

torchomatic

You know the answer to that, so why do you ask.

I don't know, eh? They come over here taking our jobs, marrying our women and probably even using our forums.

You must be fuming.

bigfatronssba

So you give your support to the Council in preference to the football club. Fair enough. I never doubted where your loyalties lay. In the Council Chamber.

And yes better to have the team IN the city than no team at all.

Where have I said that? I seriously think your losing the plot. You used to be a sensible poster, but now all you do is make snide remarks at those who disagree with you, you put words into people's mouths, and you try and make out that Sixfielders are some sort of victimised race.

My "loyalty" is to Coventry, and I am on the side of what I consider to be right and fair.

Users who are viewing this thread