Simple question (1 Viewer)

rightumpty

Wonderful to watch the most promising performance from a city team for many years on Saturday and this may sound like a silly question, but why do the teams come out of the tunnel and turn their backs on the crowd for the hand shaking ritual ?
It's a bit like having the cameras in the only full stand and looking on TV as if there are no supporters.

Kingokings204

Isn't every ground the same? Every hand shake takes place towards the main stand. Towards the directors and benches.

Covstu

All because we have most fans in the other side it doesnt mean they should turn around? Maybe go and shake the fans hands also??

lifeskyblue

Who really cares which way they face. Shaking hands before the game is pretty meaningless and just ticks fair play boxes etc for the FA. I'm sure the players just see it as a formality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Who really cares which way they face. Shaking hands before the game is pretty meaningless and just ticks fair play boxes etc for the FA. I'm sure the players just see it as a formality.

The most pointless thing in football only second to an injured player leaving the field after treatment.

lifeskyblue

And I hate teams taking advantage when their own player down then moaning when the opposition don't kick the ball out. Twice on Saturday one of their players was laid out on the turf as if they were badly injured. Chesterfield played on. When we robbed them of the ball they pointed to sidelines for us to kick it out then complained to the ref. the one good thing he did all afternoon was ignore their whining.

Nick

Administrator
And I hate teams taking advantage when their own player down then moaning when the opposition don't kick the ball out. Twice on Saturday one of their players was laid out on the turf as if they were badly injured. Chesterfield played on. When we robbed them of the ball they pointed to sidelines for us to kick it out then complained to the ref. the one good thing he did all afternoon was ignore their whining.

Also noticed we put the ball out for an injury and they didn't throw it back.

lifeskyblue

Yes you are right. I think players know when there is a really bad injury and respond accordingly. Rest of the time it should be up to the ref alone to stop play. There should be no onus on a team to kick the ball out of play

Otis

..and the extra 2 officials behind the goal in Champions League games.

I've come to the conclusion that these aren't officials at all and are merely people who just want to see a game for free.

Probably get their tickets through a Tombola and village fete raffle.

shmmeee

Yes you are right. I think players know when there is a really bad injury and respond accordingly. Rest of the time it should be up to the ref alone to stop play. There should be no onus on a team to kick the ball out of play

Play to the whistle if you ask me. Should be the ref's decision to play on or not.

italiahorse

We need to do what they do in Rugby and treat on the pitch as the match goes on.
That way the game goes on unless it is stopped by the referee.
Their would be an incentive to carry on playing particularly if they are feigning injury.

Gint11

What would be a good idea is to switch the camera for all TV highlights to face the Tesco stand so it looks like we have fans in the ground rather than face the prawn sandwich brigade.

shmmeee

What would be a good idea is to switch the camera for all TV highlights to face the Tesco stand so it looks like we have fans in the ground rather than face the prawn sandwich brigade.

But then how would the big wigs see themselves on telly? And how would Sky do the pointless shot of semi celebs in the crowd?

Also, all the highlights would be the wrong way round when you watch them on the screen from the cheap seats.

(I agree it should be moved)

jimmyhillsfanclub

We need to do what they do in Rugby and treat on the pitch as the match goes on.
That way the game goes on unless it is stopped by the referee.
Their would be an incentive to carry on playing particularly if they are feigning injury.

Good idea in theory....but unworkable in practice as the direction of play & occupied territory is pretty predictable in rugby whereas its almost completely random in football......

skybluesam66

The most pointless thing in football only second to an injured player leaving the field after treatment.
If this is after a foul - and a free kick awarded - the player should be allowed to stay on (otherwise you are punishing somebody who has just been fouled)
Anything else - the player should go off (to get rid of the random rolling around late in a match)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

If this is after a foul - and a free kick awarded - the player should be allowed to stay on (otherwise you are punishing somebody who has just been fouled)
Anything else - the player should go off (to get rid of the random rolling around late in a match)

To stop feigning is why it came in but a bloke is hacked down treated gets a fk oppo player booked the booked player stats on innocent player goes off silly.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Good idea in theory....but unworkable in practice as the direction of play & occupied territory is pretty predictable in rugby whereas its almost completely random in football......

Wanted this for years physio wears a florecent bib, as soon as he gets to injured player he becomes in active but I'm sure teams would work out ways of tactics around this in it benefiting the injured players side etc.

davebart

Why can't we have a clock like in Rugby and the ref stops the clock every time there was an injury or substitution? Everyone would be able to see exactly how long was left instead of these random extra minutes at the end of games.

stupot07

Why can't we have a clock like in Rugby and the ref stops the clock every time there was an injury or substitution? Everyone would be able to see exactly how long was left instead of these random extra minutes at the end of games.

Matches would last 3 hours. I remember sky used to give the stats of how long the ball was actually in play and it was usually only 20-25 mins per half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread