Match Thread Shrewsbury Town vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 22nd Dec (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
The key reason why people are losing faith in Robins. Unlike City managers of past years, he can no longer use the excuse that 'we can't compete with budgets of the top 6 teams'.
Come January though people will forget when demanding investment for strikers.

pusbccfc

Come January though people will forget when demanding investment for strikers.

I wouldn't blame the hierarchy for not trusting him with money.

Just been looking into transfer fees in League 1 on transfermarkt. Admittedly some transfer fees are undisclosed, but you begin to understand how 500k is a huge figure to play for a player.

Nick

Administrator
I wouldn't blame the hierarchy for not trusting him with money.

Just been looking into transfer fees in League 1 on transfermarkt. Admittedly some transfer fees are undisclosed, but you begin to understand how 500k is a huge figure to play for a player.
Yeah it's a fair bit even in this league. It's a fair bit to just ignore and write Chaplin off and demand another one.

He should be lighting everything up for that money.

CJ_covblaze

Yep. One has been on the wing, the other came on and won us a game and didn't get a lookin
The key reason why people are losing faith in Robins. Unlike City managers of past years, he can no longer use the excuse that 'we can't compete with budgets of the top 6 teams'.

Problem A and the cause of Problem A. He’s had money and either spent it on garbage or on good players that he’s not using properly.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Problem A and the cause of Problem A. He’s had money and either spent it on garbage or on good players that he’s not using properly.

I still don’t think Chaplin is being used correctly or doing enough himself to be a threat. Chaplin’s a striker, yet virtually stands in centre midfield - he should be on the last defender making runs in behind, which he barely ever does. He also stands miles away from his strike partner, so he struggles to link up with JCH, which I’ve mentioned before.

We need a target man up front with Chaplin and himself and JCH are clearly not clicking.

Also, Shipley, Doyle etc have been criticised non-stop this season, why is Bayliss immune from any criticism? Another game where he was totally non-existent and failed to link up with our forwards.

NortonSkyBlue

I still don’t think Chaplin is being used correctly or doing enough himself to be a threat. Chaplin’s a striker, yet virtually stands in centre midfield - he should be on the last defender making runs in behind, which he barely ever does. He also stands miles away from his strike partner, so he struggles to link up with JCH, which I’ve mentioned before.

We need a target man up front with Chaplin and himself and JCH are clearly not clicking.

Also, Shipley, Doyle etc have been criticised non-stop this season, why is Bayliss immune from any criticism? Another game where he was totally non-existent and failed to link up with our forwards.
Chaplin is just not very good, he hides and is a coward.

Magwitch

Is the Chap

Shipley has become the fans boo-boy replaced Ryan Haynes, who played okay yesterday, there always has to be one. come out of the side lately, are we any better since he has ?

CJ_covblaze

Go back to basics and try 442. Give CC/JCH a go for 3-5 games and then try JH/JCH or AB if he’s fit for another 3-5. Can’t be worse than what we’re doing atm.

Warwickhunt

told you MR is fucking stubborn and will not change! he is frit to death of opposing teams catching us on the break. Chaplain will necer prosper the way MR sets us up so yes its a waste of £500k isnt it! Chaplain will score if you play to his strengths

cc84cov

Who do u want as a new manager if you want robin's out?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
If Robins was to go a manager who motivates his players I would ban them all from social media pisses me off they love then you have JCH posting bullshit posts happy as Larry.

cc84cov

told you MR is fucking stubborn and will not change! he is frit to death of opposing teams catching us on the break. Chaplain will necer prosper the way MR sets us up so yes its a waste of £500k isnt it! Chaplain will score if you play to his strengths
His development went backwards soon as he started playing him in the hole infront of the midfield was always gonna happen.

cc84cov

Go back to basics and try 442. Give CC/JCH a go for 3-5 games and then try JH/JCH or AB if he’s fit for another 3-5. Can’t be worse than what we’re doing atm.
Or just get Ponti back he can’t do any worse than these current crop of misfits.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Frustration yet again at the way we played. That game was definitely there for the taking and we didn't even look like trying to take it. We didn't even look like politely asking if we might take it.

If those players are not playing as instructed then something is terribly wrong, but I suspect they ARE doing as instructed and that's the problem. MR is telling them to try and not give anything silly away, making them nervous and ironically making it far more likely to happen. Look at Man U yesterday free of the shackles of Jose - they looked a totally different team and capable of carving a team open. OK, it was only Cardiff but the demeanour of the team was so different - they imposed themselves on the opposition.

Once again the substitutions were just unfathomable - leaving it until the last five minutes as per usual and doing pretty much like for like changes. All very well bringing Allassani on but what's the point of taking Thomas off to do it? Taking off Brown for Shipley in injury time is hardly going for it and there's no point in keeping the shape. He brought Hiwula on reasonably early but then shoved out wide again where's he not likely to have an effect.

MR DOES have different formations (even if they do all have a philosphy of defence-mindedness) but it's infuriating how once a game starts he refuses to change from one to another if it isn't working. Like he's done his prep and refuses to go away from that even if what transpires isn't what he expects. It's almost American-like in his steadfastness - they go hugely on stats and video and refuse to alter the gameplan if it's not working, although over there they don't have the penalties of relegation etc if they get it wrong.

MR needs to start showing some flexibility and proactiveness in games if we're to go forward.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

With Chaplin, even before we signed him the Pompey fans said he needs to be in a two. MR seems to be playing him deeper off JCH. Surely someone of his ilk should be playing off the shoulder looking to run onto things, not dropping deep - that should be a midfielders job.

But part of me is starting to wonder if he is hiding? He's not looking to get through into scoring positions. I wonder if he himself is wondering if he can get out of the agreement to join?

cc84cov

You seem to have a opinion so what do you think needs to happen? Whats your opinion on what’s should be done right now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New assistant for Robins someone who is tactically good would be a start & invest wisely in jan moving some players out if poss

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Is it tho? Did we purposely chose not to, or did the right option not come about to enhance what’s we got given he set out to play his favoured 4231. We won’t ever know.

He’s Shipley from last season who played the role, a player that fans have abused and killed any confidence in.

Hoped JJ would be fit now too, bad luck has put a stop to that.

Hoped Hiwula could adapt to the role but clearly isn’t in his locker.

Thomas may be able to cover it but didn’t really have the same effect as the right.

That’s 4 options to cover it taking all things into account for a L1 side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes injury has robbed Robins of Jodi Jones so he then bought in Thomas as cover.

But I believe that if J.J was fit, Robins would not play them together in starting line up.

He would sub like for like.

And there lies the problem with Robins , he is too rigid with the way he sets the team up to play.

As for Shepley , i hope the lad comes good , but he is obviously struggling at this level, D1.

Hiwula is clearly out of his depth on the left, makes you wonder if they actually watch the players before they sign them .

So come the end of the transfer window , 3 things need to happen.

1. Striker who can score goals.

2. left winger or midfielder who can cross the ball.

3. Robins has to change the formation, i.e. stop playing with one up front on his own .

If none of the above happen then Robins will get NO SYMPATHY from me .

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Who do u want as a new manager if you want robin's out?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
It's not up to me , that's Fisher's job , i hope Robins turns it around .

I was just having a bit of fun with the giphy, needed cheering up after that performance .

giphy.gif

covcity4life

Is the Chap

Shipley has become the fans boo-boy replaced Ryan Haynes, who played okay yesterday, there always has to be one. come out of the side lately, are we any better since he has ?
Remember when you thought we were best team in world after beating Bradford

Lol bless

steve82

Yes injury has robbed Robins of Jodi Jones so he then bought in Thomas as cover.

But I believe that if J.J was fit, Robins would not play them together in starting line up.

He would sub like for like.

And there lies the problem with Robins , he is too rigid with the way he sets the team up to play.

As for Shepley , i hope the lad comes good , but he is obviously struggling at this level, D1.

Hiwula is clearly out of his depth on the left, makes you wonder if they actually watch the players before they sign them .

So come the end of the transfer window , 3 things need to happen.

1. Striker who can score goals.

2. left winger or midfielder who can cross the ball.

3. Robins has to change the formation, i.e. stop playing with one up front on his own .

If none of the above happen then Robins will get NO SYMPATHY from me .

What you basing he’d not of played JJ and Thomas together in the same side if JJ had of been fit?

Quite a assumption that is surely.

It’s only logical if you deploy two conservative central midfielders you have a quick attacking outlet down each wing.

stevefloyd

Tumbleweed (JCH) needs to man up and stay on his bleeding feet, yes he gets us the odd free kick but for a 'gangster' (laughable) he doesn't bully the opposition enough rarely has a shot at goal and his head must be 50p shaped, none of our strikers look threatening I think we had 1 chance on Saturday by Thomas which their keeper closed down, Robins said in his post match interview somethings not right so if he is saying that FUCKIN try and fix it !!!!!

covcity4life

Talking Bollox as usual, as matter of interest what’s your verdict on our manager ?
It's not trolling you went mad at me for being annoyed at performance 2nd half. Looks like I could see potential problems before you

Agree?

As for MR I love the bloke. Nothing changes that

But his 2 successfull stints with cov have relies on mcgoldrick and mcnulty. Now he doesn't have that striker he needs to come up with tactics to make up for it

Would I sack him? Prob not unless we in relegation trouble. May be give him 1 more summer depending on how we end season.

But credit will only last so long. We cannot go back to league 2 so if changes need to be made I am sure MR would accept it himself

Hopefully it doesnt come to that and he finds solutions to our problems.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

What you basing he’d not of played JJ and Thomas together in the same side if JJ had of been fit?

Quite a assumption that is surely.

It’s only logical if you deploy two conservative central midfielders you have a quick attacking outlet down each wing.

It's based on the fact Robins never starts with two wingers, and he never starts with two strikers up front.

Any way a Merry Christmas to you and everyone one on Sky Blues Talk.

giphy.gif

steve82

It's based on the fact Robins never starts with two wingers, and he never starts with two strikers up front.

Any way a Merry Christmas to you and everyone one on Sky Blues Talk.

giphy.gif

That’s probably due to the fact he’s never had two natural wingers to put in the same 11.
At the start of both seasons he’s built his side for his favoured 4231 so has only had minimal options in the wide areas or not signing any for reasons only he can explain.

Now if he does this again this summer (should he still be here) I’m afraid he warrants all the criticism he gets.

Users who are viewing this thread