Shrewsbury Fan here (1 Viewer)

shrewsfan

Hi all,

Shrewsbury fan here, just wondering how many fans you reckon you'll bring tonight? Have you sold out your allocation or nearly sold out? Who's been your stand out player so far this season?

Been looking forward to this game since the fixtures were released. Also looking forward to the return fixture at your ground on New Years Day.

Anyway, should be a good game tonight! And good luck with your search for new manager, hope you find the best candidate and do well this season.:p

Otis

Stand out player?

Err .... none of them. None of them capable of playing for the whole 90 mins either.

Reckon you'll have a spell of at least 25 mins when you're well on top.

skybluesam66

both teams on top for 45 minutes

both teams will have a couple of chances in that period

we will miss ours - you will score yours
even if we do manage to score one of ours, dont worry, as you will still score more than us

if things arent going to well, dot worry, you will put your fast players on - we dont have anybody who can keep up with them

still not working . you may then have these revolutionary players called wingers - we havent and we cant defend

still not working - you may be able to kick us . we will just lie down

if all else fails, if you see roy o donovan warming up, you have nothing to fear

BigadamL

i always like it when the fans from other teams pop on here for a nice chat :)

the game will prob be as followed, for the first 65 minutes we will play some nice football and have the ball loads then as soon as it hits 66th minute its like every player in a coventry shirt goes on Standby.:jerkit:

i have to admit im looking forward to seeing Grandison tonight.

our stand out player for me this season has pob been the Edge at the back (you wont miss him he is massive)

kdrinkell

How many fans going ? Thats a toughie
Stand out player ? equally as tough
New Years Day game ? That'll be a good game with us fighting for mid table mediocrity fingers crossed :)

Cooksta94

Around 500-600 are going. Stand out player... Well, no one really, Mcgoldrick is dangerous. But you should be in for a nice, comfortable win

TheSnoz

Shrewsfan, you have a well run club. Your chairman Roland runs a tight ship. Unlike the jokers who've destroyed our club over the years. Been to your place many times. Will be there tonight. Expecting you lot to win. Are they still trying to get the ball in the shed at halftime!

CTID

ffs i get to work in the morning and follow the same routine every day. Grab a cup of coffee, switch on my computer, come to SBT, read negative threads, go out for a fag and cry.

Im backing City 2-1 tonight! Lions share of possession, twice as many shots, and actually taking advantage of being the better side for a change.

Damn its too early for this much optimism!

Otis

History of the way the Sky Blues operate tells us that we will lose tonight, unless the announcement of a new manager is made today. If that happens we will play like men possessed and win quite easily, with the new manager watching from the stands.

If no announcement tonight we will be feeling sorry for ourselves again and lose the match. An announcement will be then made on Thursday announcing the new manager and we will play like men possessed on Saturday to win that game easily instead.

Last edited:

shrewsfan

Thanks for the replies.

I thought McGoldrick would have been your best player this season, always thought highly of him personally and is the one I'm looking out for tonight.

Think it will be a good game though and if we do win, I expect it to only be on 1 goal as our finishing this season hasn't been the best...what you get for not signing a proven goalscorer at league 1 level! Although Marvin Morgan is a good player and can hold the ball up well, we do need another striker.

Despite picking up just 5 points from 6 games, we have played exceptionally this season (even playing Sheffield United and Preston off the park!)

We have a great winger in Paul Parry and his crossing his second-to-none 90% of the time.

And TheSnoz no, we don't still do that stupid kicking the ball in the shed game at half-time!;) We now have a penalty shoot-out next to the away fans, so that should keep you entertained at half-time at least!;)

Otis

'We have a great winger in Paul Parry and his crossing his second-to-none 90% of the time.'

And with that it's game, set and match to you.

Ashdown

I can't understand the complete negativity. We've outplayed most teams this season but have given away stupid goals. Scunny beat the Shrews on Saturday and they had an awful start. We have to start winning sometime, maybe it will be tonight at last. If we play like we did against Brum then we have nothing to fear from anyone in this league.

@richh87

I can't understand the complete negativity. We've outplayed most teams this season but have given away stupid goals. Scunny beat the Shrews on Saturday and they had an awful start. We have to start winning sometime, maybe it will be tonight at last. If we play like we did against Brum then we have nothing to fear from anyone in this league.

This is true Ashdown - but it isn't Carl Baker's long lost uncle's birthday you see - so he has no motivation.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Shrews fan 2 questions - do you play Fifa 12? Shrewsbury have 2 strikers on Fifa who are ridiculously fast and I would regularly lose to Shrewsbury online when playing as Coventry (and you are supposedly 2 leagues below us on that game) just because your strikers were too fast.

2nd question - do you still have the same strikers as last season?

ccfcway

Funny isnt it,

you would think people would be a lot more positive about an away game,

what with

1) no actaul manager
2) no win in 6 months
3) 1 away win in the past 18 months or so
4) us being CCFC

shrewsfan

Shrews fan 2 questions - do you play Fifa 12? Shrewsbury have 2 strikers on Fifa who are ridiculously fast and I would regularly lose to Shrewsbury online when playing as Coventry (and you are supposedly 2 leagues below us on that game) just because your strikers were too fast.

2nd question - do you still have the same strikers as last season?

Yes I do, what two strikers are they? Collins, Gornell, Morgan or Bradshaw?

And we've sold Collins to Swindon, but apart from that we've still got Gornell, Bradshaw and Morgan with the summer addition of Ryan Doble from Southampton :)

Covstu

ffs i get to work in the morning and follow the same routine every day. Grab a cup of coffee, switch on my computer, come to SBT, read negative threads, go out for a fag and cry.

Im backing City 2-1 tonight! Lions share of possession, twice as many shots, and actually taking advantage of being the better side for a change.

Damn its too early for this much optimism!

it is becoming a doom and gloom website lately.....

Otis

And I have no idea why whatsoever.

Anyone would think things were going wrong at the moment.

shmmeee

This is true Ashdown - but it isn't Carl Baker's long lost uncle's birthday you see - so he has no motivation.

Why are you such a prick? Fair enough state that Baker has been shit (like everyone else) or has limited football talent. But to intentionally make fun of someone who's brother died and that that means a lot to them is just callous. It's just football FFS.

SkyBlueArmy12

Do you know what I've been so gutted this past few weeks telling people who I support at work etc, it's been a low start to the season, but tonight I am feeling optimistic. This could be the turning point(s)!

PUSB!

skybluegod

Be scared of the ROD, we also have massive black guy in defense who will decimate you called the EDGE. 2 man team :whistle:

neilyboy67

dont worry shrew, 3 points to you tonight, we will outpass you (albeit sideways), we will have 1 shot on target maybe but we will be on top, then something strange will happen, we will get really nervous and play like absolute fucking morons around about 70th minute at nil ni,l and let you score a couple of soft goals...thats it basically look forward to gifting you another 3 points at fortress ricoh

Users who are viewing this thread