Missing Flag! - Shipping to Cefovid Uganda - GoFundMe (1 Viewer)

Frostie

View attachment 20246View attachment 20247

Just some of the stuff we've got box up ready for shipping. It should be winging it's way at the end of this week. Speaking with Ronald about what he wants to do with the left over dosh. Thanks again all.

Brilliant stuff!

Feel sorry for whoever gets the Leicester shirt mind... 😆

edgy

Happy to report the package has arrived with Ronald in Uganda. He is delighted with it all, especially the boots. Apparently this is what they really struggle with.

I have asked Ronald what he wants to do with the remaining dosh. He has said he'd love a flag. So I'm waiting on him to forward his designs to see what the flag company can do with them.

Covkid1968#

Flags a good idea. On their twitter they've voted for their own player of the season, maybe a few quid for a trophy - sure you can pick something up pretty cheaply.
Its £200 to sponsor a kid and that may be Ronald's priority....but he may see it as an opportunity to spread the word. It really is amazing the work his charity do - I love the fact that he provides you with a breakdown of what the money is being spent on. I also sponsor a lad in Burundi and the way Ronald does it makes is so much better and you really feel involved.

edgy

Unfortunately the flag we had made for Ronald and the Ugandan Supporters Club has gone missing at the CBS.

The last time it was seen was early last season I believe. I've been in contact with Jodie at the club several times but it cannot be found as it stands.

I can't believe that someone doesn't know where this is. It's a big flag, bright colours. Not easy to mislay. If anyone has any contacts at CBS or within the club, apart from Jodie at CCFC, can you please ask around. Please spread the word.

It looks like this:

1694009093700.png

Happy_Martian

Unfortunately the flag we had made for Ronald and the Ugandan Supporters Club has gone missing at the CBS.

The last time it was seen was early last season I believe. I've been in contact with Jodie at the club several times but it cannot be found as it stands.

I can't believe that someone doesn't know where this is. It's a big flag, bright colours. Not easy to mislay. If anyone has any contacts at CBS or within the club, apart from Jodie at CCFC, can you please ask around. Please spread the word.

It looks like this:

View attachment 31784

Would be such a shame if we can't get this found. Or at least replaced. But if it's been missing for a year, likelihood is it went out with the Wasps rubbish.

Looking at the design now, it's surprising they didn't want the charity name on it to bring more attention to the help it offers.

@edgy , worst case scenario: if the flag has to be replaced, do you have enough funds from the collections to do so. If not, how much would be needed to get a new flag printed ? And would it be worth adding the Charity name at the top or bottom with Ronald's agreement so a random viewer would know this is for a good cause ?

edgy

Would be such a shame if we can't get this found. Or at least replaced. But if it's been missing for a year, likelihood is it went out with the Wasps rubbish.

Looking at the design now, it's surprising they didn't want the charity name on it to bring more attention to the help it offers.

@edgy , worst case scenario: if the flag has to be replaced, do you have enough funds from the collections to do so. If not, how much would be needed to get a new flag printed ? And would it be worth adding the Charity name at the top or bottom with Ronald's agreement so a random viewer would know this is for a good cause ?

The was no money left after the flag was ordered. I'll have to dig out the correspondence to see how much it was.

It was done by a chap called Ross Quartermain who seems to do a lot of flags locally.

I'll give the club a couple more weeks and then if no joy we can fund raise again to get it sorted... and yes I bet Ronald would appreciate the Charity name on there too!

edgy

The club should pay for a replacement

I fully agree but not had an offer of that yet.

My suspicion is Wasps somehow lost it during the Commonwealth Rugby games. I wasn't a regular at the CBS last season and can't pin point whether it was present at matches after that or not.

Macca1987

I fully agree but not had an offer of that yet.

My suspicion is Wasps somehow lost it during the Commonwealth Rugby games. I wasn't a regular at the CBS last season and can't pin point whether it was present at matches after that or not.
Ask City if they can dig through footage of last seasons games to see if it was displayed in the stands

Users who are viewing this thread