Shipley and Allen (1 Viewer)

PVA

The one positive about their performances today is that that should be the last time we see the chuckle brothers this season.

Dickie

The one positive about their performances today is that that should be the last time we see the chuckle brothers this season.

They were terrible. Allen looks like he’s been eating McDonalds for the last two weeks. To think they are trying to get regular game time.

Hertsccfc

They've been given enough opportunities. Both poor again today and that second attacking midfield position has been such a problem all season. O'Hare can't do it all.

Could Gyokeres do a job there?

no_loyalty

They are both out of their depth at Championship level.

Seamus1

How could Shipley possibly have been tired at any point during that ‘performance’; he didn’t do anything. Sadly I think we will have to endure his ‘playing’ again as he will be kept on in league one.

The last couple of months has shown we have no midfield, bar Kelly. We might as well line up against Bristol City in a 5-1 (Kelly)-1(O’Hare)-3 formation

Terry_dactyl

I think Shipley AND Allen is right...they’re weak. We were always going to need to play them at some stages this season but if at all avoidable not at the same time, and not starting games. Impact subs I get but in a game against a strong side where we need not to lose...crazy. We all knew that before kickoff.

rob9872

Ah a thread on these two just what this forum was missing.

Not sure if it was Allen or Shipley who was at fault for an out of position Dacosta to go one down after a minute and mean we were chasing.

PVA

Ah a thread on these two just what this forum was missing.

Not sure if it was Allen or Shipley who was at fault for an out of position Dacosta to go one down after a minute and mean we were chasing.

Dacosta's poor performance doesn't excuse their performances though.

No coincidence that we improved offensively the minute they were subbed.

rob9872

Dacosta's poor performance doesn't excuse their performances though.

No coincidence that we improved offensively the minute they were subbed.
QPR were hardly pedal at the metal 2nil up though. Fact is they were much better than us in all areas, but we always have to single a couple out.

Winny the Bish

I said after a game in September that I hope I never have to see Shipley play Attacking Midfield for City again in the Championship. I had too much faith in Robins...

Adge

QPR were hardly pedal at the metal 2nil up though. Fact is they were much better than us in all areas, but we always have to single a couple out.
And for the players that get singled out there are also people who make excuses for them.
They both needed a big performance today to give the manager food for thought possibly, well, they certainly confirmed what we and he already know.

Esoterica

For either of those players to do a job in that role at this level, it would need a totally different approach to the game. Felt sorry for them today, Robins chucked them under the bus. We need a system that minimises our players weaknesses and today that just exposed them even more.

Kilclines curly mullet

Eccles showed more in 20 minutes than Shipley and Allen showed in 70 mins.

I don’t even think Shipley is league 1 level (yes I did say this last year), however I am amazed as what appears to be a lack of interest and fitness - his confidence seems shot and he shouldnt be anywhere near the first team squad.

Allen - should be no more than a squad / sub player at present.

Terry Gibson's perm

Eccles showed more in 20 minutes than Shipley and Allen showed in 70 mins.

I don’t even think Shipley is league 1 level (yes I did say this last year), however I am amazed as what appears to be a lack of interest and fitness - his confidence seems shot and he shouldnt be anywhere near the first team squad.

Allen - should be no more than a squad / sub player at present.

Shipley will give you the odd long range goal but that tends to hide that he doesn’t produce much else and he always looks like he is blowing out of his arse.

Skyblue_CP

T
Shipley will give you the odd long range goal but that tends to hide that he doesn’t produce much else and he always looks like he is blowing out of his arse.
Think thats half his problem, his natural fitness seems so low, and hes got the look of a player now that doesnt want the ball. You don't have 20 mins to control the ball in this league. Also his workrate is non existent, oppositon almost take the piss out of him, walking past him like he isnt there whilst hes doing his jockey like he thinks hes guiding them somewhere.

cc84cov

T
Think thats half his problem, his natural fitness seems so low, and hes got the look of a player now that doesnt want the ball. You don't have 20 mins to control the ball in this league. Also his workrate is non existent, oppositon almost take the piss out of him, walking past him like he isnt there whilst hes doing his jockey like he thinks hes guiding them somewhere.
It’s the fact the championship level is a lot quicker and more physically demanding than league 1 & 2

Skybluebeliever

They've been given enough opportunities. Both poor again today and that second attacking midfield position has been such a problem all season. O'Hare can't do it all.

Could Gyokeres do a job there?
Yes agree the second attacking position has been a big let down Hilßner, kastneer and jobello have all robbed a wage and taken up a space in the squad but hindsight is fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread