Shevchenko tips England to reach final (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

1096241_640_360.jpeg

Ukraine striker Andriy Shevchenko believes team-mate Marko Devic's effort should have been given as a goal, the ball appeared to have crossed the line before John Terry's last-gasp clearance.

Shevchenko says England played well and congratulates the team on victory, before tipping England to reach the final.

The Ukrainian also confirms he has played his last competitive international game and thank the home fans for their support.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18515752 <- Video interview

Hint of offside for there disallowed goal and they almost got a goal before that which was clearly offside, not sure if he actualy meant it when he said England could reach the final. :thinking about:

Last edited:

Otis

England better not get that far!! :facepalm::facepalm:

It's my daughter's birthday and I have a slot booked at 6 p.m. for the Harry Potter Studio Tour in Watford on the day of the final. The tour lasts for 3 hours and it was the only slot they had available. I simply cannot change it and if England get to the final I feel like I will be the only Englishman in the country not watching the game.

We cannot go the weekends leading up to it or for many, many weeks after.

As soon as I saw the final was on the same day I just hoped England wouldn't make it ...... at the same time though believing we wouldn't make it.

Can't let my daughter down. She would be absolutely gutted and distraught. Have to go. No choice.

Won't be able to live with myself if England do make it.

Starting to get worried.

Macca

I wouldn t worry. The moment we meet a team that has the class to punish us for constantly giving the ball away we ll be out. I think they ve done well already

Otis

Yep.

We've reached the quarter finals and that is an achievement Would be quite happy if that is as far as we go.

Tank Top

A Lucky win, in my opinion.
we were outplayed for long periods of the game, and Ukraine were denied a goal, that had clearly crossed the line, our ball retention was poor at this level, and our shots at goal were almost non existent.Having said this , we top the group undefeated, and they cant do more than that.
"COME ON ENGLAND"

Otis

Yep. If they are aggrieved by the ball clearly crossing the line then we too would rightly also have been aggrieved if the goal had been given when the bloke was clearly offside.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

That Ukraine goal was offside anyway so I wish people would stop using that as a reason of why we shouldn't have won.

Simple. As far as England are concerned, like that AT debate, we're either world beaters or a pub team. There's those who will say we were terrible and will point to the fortune if the disallowed goal as proof as to how we qualified by fortune alone. Eqyally, there will be those who'll speak in terms of our 'world class' players today.

The reality? We're a well organised team who have ridden their luck at times, but are doing quite well. That stated, other teams have won tournaments being so. We're in the next round and that's as much as I really hoped for

Otis

Yep, me too.

As long as they put in a good effort on Sunday against Italy then I will be quite satisfied.

Tad

Problem we now have is Italy, Portugal and Spain in for are the running. And in my view, they are the biggest cheats in the game. Spend more time rolling around on the floor then kicking the ball. Sure you all remember the embarrassing Italy v Spain final *sigh*

Last edited:

LastGarrison

England better not get that far!! :facepalm::facepalm:

It's my daughter's birthday and I have a slot booked at 6 p.m. for the Harry Potter Studio Tour in Watford on the day of the final. The tour lasts for 3 hours and it was the only slot they had available. I simply cannot change it and if England get to the final I feel like I will be the only Englishman in the country not watching the game.

We cannot go the weekends leading up to it or for many, many weeks after.

As soon as I saw the final was on the same day I just hoped England wouldn't make it ...... at the same time though believing we wouldn't make it.

Can't let my daughter down. She would be absolutely gutted and distraught. Have to go. No choice.

Won't be able to live with myself if England do make it.

Starting to get worried.

You're daughter will have plenty more birthdays and a bit of disappointment is good for character building. :whistle:

1nilandwe...

Problem we now have is Italy, Portugal and Spain in for are the running. And in my view, they are the biggest cheats in the game. Spend more time rolling around on the floor then kicking the ball. Sure you all remember the embarrassing Italy v Spain final *sigh*

I think the refs in this tournament have been pretty good at letting tough-but-fair tackling go and letting the game flow as much as possible. Hopefully diving and rolling around won't be too much of a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread