Sheffield Wednesday (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

Have released 10 players including Westwood.
Reported that the released players total approx £10 million worth.
Anyone fancy any of them for us ?

South West Sky Blue

I’m too ignorant to comment with any degree of knowledge. Hadn’t even heard of Adam Reach until a couple months ago, however since thought lots of Championship clubs were sniffing around him in recent weeks...???

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Have released 10 players including Westwood.
Reported that the released players total approx £10 million worth.
Anyone fancy any of them for us ?

Van Aken Ive been asking about him all season and I would take Reach is an attacking LWB but knows how to defend so a better version of giles with a bit less pace

Terry Gibson's perm

Van Aken Ive been asking about him all season and I would take Reach is an attacking LWB but knows how to defend so a better version of giles with a bit less pace

Reach has been linked with Norwich so they look like they will be making a great effort at stopping up.

Covstu

There is a reason why they were down where they were, needed to clear the decks and recover like we did. Rhodes is a strange one, stock was very high and cost them a fortune. i work with a few Wednesday fans and main rumours we’re Westwood, Rhodes etc ruled the dressing room. No player is bigger than the club

rob9872

There is a reason why they were down where they were, needed to clear the decks and recover like we did. Rhodes is a strange one, stock was very high and cost them a fortune. i work with a few Wednesday fans and main rumours we’re Westwood, Rhodes etc ruled the dressing room. No player is bigger than the club
The reason they were down there is starting on -12. I know it was reduced to 6, but clearly would've been a struggle to attract players knowing it would be a relegation scrap and a chance you'd be a L1 player a season later.

Legia Sky Blue

The reason they were down there is starting on -12. I know it was reduced to 6, but clearly would've been a struggle to attract players knowing it would be a relegation scrap and a chance you'd be a L1 player a season later.

Plenty of teams survived such penalties in the past including ourselves, never mind then having the penalty halved. They had plenty of opportunity to get out it, particularly as it was an unusual season where as few as 44 points would have seen them safe. They just weren't good enough and these released players were a large reason why.

Frostie

They signed 11 players after the points deduction so definitely didn't stop them attracting players. Many teams have overcome that kind of defecit, ourselves included.

I think the bigger problem is they had loads of dross, poor management & failing to pay players for months at a time can't have been great for motivation either.

rob9872

Plenty of teams survived such penalties in the past including ourselves, never mind then having the penalty halved. They had plenty of opportunity to get out it, particularly as it was an unusual season where as few as 44 points would have seen them safe. They just weren't good enough and these released players were a large reason why.
And they nearly survived too but its not the point I was making.

rob9872

They signed 11 players after the points deduction so definitely didn't stop them attracting players. Many teams have overcome that kind of defecit, ourselves included.

I think the bigger problem is they had loads of dross, poor management & failing to pay players for months at a time can't have been great for motivation either.
They signed 11, they could have signed 50, but do you think they would have been primary targets? If you have other similar offers you wouldn't choose a team on -12 is all I'm saying. Recruitment would've been do much harder and they were handicapped hence buying dross that they're now releasing.

TM8792

I'd take Westwood. If we can get him on a free and his wages aren't too extortionate it's a no brainer for me. Maybe not as good as he once was, but he's still an improvement on what we've got and allows us to concentrate on other positions.

Terry_dactyl

I'd take Westwood. If we can get him on a free and his wages aren't too extortionate it's a no brainer for me. Maybe not as good as he once was, but he's still an improvement on what we've got and allows us to concentrate on other positions.
Sounds like he might be trouble...and past it.

stupot07

Its a no from me, I know keepers have longer careers but he will be 37 in October. For the wages he would cost, id rather go for someone younger late 20s early 30s thats going to be around for 2-3+ seasons

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

fatso

I'll trust MR, and I doubt he'd be Interested in any of those to be honest.
Looks like we have a much bigger scouting network these days if we are to believe reports that we made an approach for a lad in New Zealand.

slowpoke

I'll trust MR, and I doubt he'd be Interested in any of those to be honest.
Looks like we have a much bigger scouting network these days if we are to believe reports that we made an approach for a lad in New Zealand.
I’m sure a lot of his wish for players are identified and lined up

South West Sky Blue

Josh Windass wouldnt be a bad signing but not been released

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
Thought so as well. Commented as such on another thread. Even thought he was out of contract as well, but got that wrong. Even if he was out of contract, we wouldn’t be able to offer the wages that he and his ilk would command elsewhere.

D

Deleted member 2477

If rumours are true he was one of two who thought they were bigger than the club at Wednesday.
Some of us on here and myself included want him based on memories and not his current ability and performances

Users who are viewing this thread