Sheffield Wednesday Vs Leeds (1 Viewer)

Gaz

Anyone watching this game ?

Chris Kirkland just got hit in the face by a Leeds fan who ran on the pitch.

You don't half get some twats at the football.

daz_doc

I can't remember what year it was but I recall standing in the old East Terrace watching us play Leeds. We were 3-0 up and they came back to 3-3. They invaded the pitch, flattening the ball boys stood infront of them and I have a lasting memory of seeing those poor yound boys being attending by St Johns and led off sobbing their eyes out, having had a thousand Leeds fans trample over them. It's a wonder none of them was seriously injured.

Martin180

What made it worse was he was getting pats on the back as he scurried back into the stand - wanker

skybluelee

I can't remember what year it was but I recall standing in the old East Terrace watching us play Leeds. We were 3-0 up and they came back to 3-3. They invaded the pitch, flattening the ball boys stood infront of them and I have a lasting memory of seeing those poor yound boys being attending by St Johns and led off sobbing their eyes out, having had a thousand Leeds fans trample over them. It's a wonder none of them was seriously injured.

1993 .

daz_doc

The Football Attic @FootballAttic

The Serbian FA have now also released footage from earlier in the game which clearly shows Chris Kirkland NOT being smacked in the face

daz_doc

The Football Attic @FootballAttic

The Serbian FA have just released a statement condemning Chris Kirkland's ungentlemanly and unsporting behaviour

SkyBluePryce

we all hate Leeds scum! at the end of the day if he had confronted Kirkland, Kirkland would have been able to stop it (he's a big old lad). But to come up from behind whilst running, then run of up to the top of the stand- SCUM!

coundonskyblue

The authorities should make an example of him. The problem with the policing of football is that the authorities will now judge that all football fans are like that. The reality is 99% of football fans would love to see chavs like this locked up away from our game.

They should come down hard on the individual tossers, and relax it with the rest of us. As a football fan I am sick of being put in the same catagory as scum like this.

SkyblueBazza

Unbelievable isn't it. And a Yorkshire derby...involving Leeds??? You would have expected a. Police b. Stewards c. CCTV d. The thought that Kirland might have sensed him coming & turned around & flattened him, would be enough to either prevent or catch him straight away really wouldn't you?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
we all hate Leeds scum! at the end of the day if he had confronted Kirkland, Kirkland would have been able to stop it (he's a big old lad). But to come up from behind whilst running, then run of up to the top of the stand- SCUM!

Took the easy shot didnt he coming from behind! Id like to think if that was a cov fan and he tried to get back into the stand we'd be throwing punches at the supporter rather than patting him on the back!

Tobias Fünke

Remember being at Goodison a few years back and Kirkland got hit by something thrown from the home fans.
Thinking about how much bad PR football has got this last week or so and Leeds fans invade the pitch at Hillsborough and then go and attack a player. Did they exchange their brain cells for tickets? Thug needs a proper ban and jail term. Kirkland doing a job and gets physically assaulted doing it, it's not right at all.

urbanbushmonkey

Ken Bates as chairman

Neil Warnock (colin) - manager.

Players like Diouf and Kenny

Fans who despite seeing their club fall to league one and bouncing around midtable championship still think they're a 'big club'.

Plus everything that's happened in the past, Don Revies 'dirty leeds'...

And now this...

Aside from Millwall is there an easier club to hate?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
The Diouf thing irritates me. I used to like Warnock and his different ways, or should I say his way of being different.

To label someone a 'sewer-rat' on eyear and then sign him a few years later defines the word hypocrit!

And to top it all off it happened at Leeds. I hate Leeds

Covstu

Never liked Leeds but hate them even more after this. They should hammer Leeds for this, just not acceptable

Covstu

Well he is an idiot, you can see there is contact and is not acceptable. Speaks volumes for Leeds fans IMO. Didn't the guy who stopped the boat race get 2 years? The wrong way round I think!

Nick

Administrator
Yes but the judges and MP's would be more interested in the posh boat race wouldn't they than a common football match? If it affects them they probably would get a longer sentence.

Users who are viewing this thread