Sheff Utd sell Striker (1 Viewer)

hopesprings

Just seen that Reading look set to sign Blackman the Utd striker. Their chairman has already said they will get signings in before the deadline. I do hope they don't get Roberts in part exchange! Hope that it will disrupt them a bit for Friday :)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Was only talking to a Sheff United supporting mate last night and he'd said that Blackman had turned down Palace so i took that as him wanting to stay and get regular football. Obviously not and he was holding out for more dollar!

Apparently their fans were up in arms about them accepting an offer for him!

Sounds familiar to our club right now. Sign young players and once they reach their potential, cash in!

He also said we'd beat them 2-0 on Friday ;)

hamil99

Facebook User
Do you think its possible that we'll take Philliskirk on??

Robins must of seen something in him. Usually the club let's us know pretty quick when Robins says "no", eg Jason Scotland. Besides, Moussa wasn't hot property when he was bought in under the radar!

Mucca Mad Boys

The hoper in me thinks that Philliskirk must have SOMETHING to have been signed for 2m by Chelsea, he's 21 so he's still developing, but, my concerns are, he was at Sheff U and hardly played... We'll wait and see, has got to be better than ROD, surely?

hamil99

Facebook User
The hoper in me thinks that Philliskirk must have SOMETHING to have been signed for 2m by Chelsea, he's 21 so he's still developing, but, my concerns are, he was at Sheff U and hardly played... We'll wait and see, has got to be better than ROD, surely?

Think he must be similar to Fleck. Bags of potential but never quite reached it, maybe robins can get him going again!

Mucca Mad Boys

Think he must be similar to Fleck. Bags of potential but never quite reached it, maybe robins can get him going again!

I was thinking that.

In fairness to Fleck, he has been played out-of-position pretty much his whole career, that may well have held him back.

RichieGunns

Wasn't that 2 million tag line dependant on appearances and what not. I got the impression Chelsea didn't pay that much for him. Maybe £500k? Then the later payments would only go through if he was a regular in the team.

Still I think Robin's will take him. Sounded like he had a fantastic game for us the other day in the under 21's match. As has been said, Moussa came in under the radar and look how he's turned out! Even this Lobjoit came in under the radar. Then again I aint heard much about him apart from possible transfer rumours lol

Mucca Mad Boys

Wasn't that 2 million tag line dependant on appearances and what not. I got the impression Chelsea didn't pay that much for him. Maybe £500k? Then the later payments would only go through if he was a regular in the team.

Still I think Robin's will take him. Sounded like he had a fantastic game for us the other day in the under 21's match. As has been said, Moussa came in under the radar and look how he's turned out! Even this Lobjoit came in under the radar. Then again I aint heard much about him apart from possible transfer rumours lol

Well, regardless of the price, if Chelsea sign you, you've got to show their scouts something.

I don't know ow well he played in the U21s game, he missed a pen, but shouldn't be judged on that really. If he signs, I'll be satisfied to some extent, if we sign him, and Cody does well, we might not need another striker.

We'll have to wait and see what happens, we can take as long as needed to check out this Philliskirk player, as he's a free agent.

Hopefully we sign a CB before the deadline.

Mucca Mad Boys

Fleck has no position, he is the archetypical luxury player.

Shut up. Zzzzzz.

If he was so bad, why has he received so much endorsement from Beckham, Fergie, Ally McCoist.

He's our top assister.

When you come back from your camping holiday from McSheffrey's arse, we'll talk football then, deal?

I bet you Fleck (and Barton) would be able to perform well in the Championship (like Lallana, Lambert, Holt, Hoolahan etc.) whereas, we know what we'll get with McSheffrey in the Championship - shit!

In other news, Yeovil are winning! :D

rupert_bear

What was his dad like, weren't around for him, in fact, I never heard of the 2 until yesterday.
His old man scored for fun in the lower leagues all his carear, don't remember if he ever played us as we were in the top flight in those days but if this kid is like his old fella he'll be okay.

rupert_bear

If we sign Philliskirk i have a feeling Fleck will move on...just a hunch, not sure if Robins fancies him that much, in a none sexual way of course.

Mucca Mad Boys

If we sign Philliskirk i have a feeling Fleck will move on...just a hunch, not sure if Robins fancies him that much, in a none sexual way of course.

Why?

They play different positions.

I think he rates Fleck, he rates Barton. I do feel if we got promoted them 2 will step up, they also could do with getting fitter, as with most in the team.

stupot07

Shut up. Zzzzzz.

If he was so bad, why has he received so much endorsement from Beckham, Fergie, Ally McCoist.

He's our top assister.

When you come back from your camping holiday from McSheffrey's arse, we'll talk football then, deal?

I bet you Fleck (and Barton) would be able to perform well in the Championship (like Lallana, Lambert, Holt, Hoolahan etc.) whereas, we know what we'll get with McSheffrey in the Championship - shit!

In other news, Yeovil are winning! :D

How many goals did McSheffrey score last season in the championship?

And my point wasn't whether fleck is good or not, it's the fact he appears to have no particular position.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread