Shamima Begum Not Allowed Back. (2 Viewers)

pastythegreat

The Home Secretary has denied her entrance to the UK and revoked her British Citizenship.

Glad somebody had the balls to do the right thing and not roll over like we always have done in the past.

It would of been criminal if she had of been let back into the country after we refused entry to Asia Bibi.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

It’s a perverse decision based on vengeance. Long live Great Britain paragon of the Christian virtues of you made your bed now lie in it. Which part of Christian doctrine is that one I wonder??

pastythegreat

It’s a perverse decision based on vengeance. Long live Great Britain paragon of the Christian virtues of you made your bed now lie in it. Which part of Christian doctrine is that one I wonder??
Im not Christian so I don't know what your talking about.
Perverse, vengeance, inhumane, whatever! Who cares? I don't! She deserves everything she gets.

W

westcountry_skyblue

People saying she was only 15 and nieve but I knew at 15 what's right and wrong anyway well done home secretary
Crack open a Thatchers cider me thinks!!!

mark82

The Home Secretary has denied her entrance to the UK and revoked her British Citizenship.

Glad somebody had the balls to do the right thing and not roll over like we always have done in the past.

It would of been criminal if she had of been let back into the country after we refused entry to Asia Bibi.

Agree we should've taken Asia Bibi, but the difference with Begum is she is a British national. I would make her answer for her crimes personally, and be in control of her punishment.

I suspect, despite the latest development, we may eventually be forced to take her back.

ccfc92

What would you have recommended / liked to have seen done Pete?

Genuine question, I'm interested to hear an alternative view?

Grendel

Sky Blue Pete

What would you have recommended / liked to have seen done Pete?

Genuine question, I'm interested to hear an alternative view?
Has to be the rule of law surely. We don’t use mob rule or do we?
She is a victim at 15 although responsible criminally for her actions of course as the age of criminality is 12 in the U.K. apart from when we decide its 10 for the Bulger pair.
At 19 and a British citizen she has seen things we wouldn’t ever see and I’m happy they have dehumanised her to say things that are just awful.
She should be allowed back in the U.K. to face the law. I’m almost ok with not risking anything to help her back but if the times and Sky can interview her it doesn’t seem as if it’s too dangerous to be there

Astute

Why shouldn’t she pay for her crimes. We ask other criminals to be returned
Did she commit her crimes here? No. So why should we bring someone into the UK to punish them when they are a danger to the UK public?

She still thinks it is OK for women and children to be raped and murdered. Does anyone have an excuse for this?

Westendlad

I could go with the naive 15 year old argument if at 19 she'd shown a bit of remorse and hadn't said seeing a severed head in a bin hadn't fazed her.
Clint as i've quoted before....She went to syria at the age of 15 because she saw vids on youtube of her fellow mad islam nutters beheading westerners ......She's a sick bastard full stop.

Westendlad

She is a victim at 15 although responsible criminally for her actions of course as the age of criminality is 12 in the U.K. apart from when we decide its 10 for the Bulger pair.
At 19 and a British citizen she has seen things we wouldn’t ever see and I’m happy they have dehumanised her to say things that are just awful.
She should be allowed back in the U.K. to face the law. I’m almost ok with not risking anything to help her back but if the times and Sky can interview her it doesn’t seem as if it’s too dangerous to be there
OMG........

clint van damme

Thing is Pete if she has dual citizenship then it is legal to revoke her British citezenship.
If she hasn't then I'm sure she'll win her appeal. I don't think the rule of law will have been compromised and like you I think that is the way it should be.

Sky Blue Pete

Did she commit her crimes here? No. So why should we bring someone into the UK to punish them when they are a danger to the UK public?

She still thinks it is OK for women and children to be raped and murdered. Does anyone have an excuse for this?
Would think treason

Sky Blue Pete

Thing is Pete if she has dual citizenship then it is legal to revoke her British citezenship.
If she hasn't then I'm sure she'll win her appeal. I don't think the rule of law will have been compromised and like you I think that is the way it should be.
I’ve been advised by a friend who is a lawyer that children of immigrants whose parents came rather than were born in this country have no automatic right to citizenship so may not win an appeal. That would be a tough life lesson

clint van damme

I’ve been advised by a friend who is a lawyer that children of immigrants whose parents came rather than were born in this country have no automatic right to citizenship so may not win an appeal. That would be a tough life lesson

So that would still mean the government had acted lawfully??

Sky Blue Pete

No literally no one has an excuse for it

pastythegreat

Really?? So you’d prefer she doesn’t face justice
She's living in a refugee camp, with a baby who's father is dead and no family around her.
I'm pretty sure she'll suffer much more where she is than she will if we let our "justice" system to deal with her. A few years in the nick with a quilt and an Xbox to be released into a council flat with her baby and all the benifits that come with it just to brainwash him into blowing up a load of teenagers at a concert when he's old enough to. No thanks. Let the c**t rot.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Does that just apply to their children who weren't born here? I thought being born in a country gave automatic citizenship? Otherwise that could potentially leave lots of people stateless, which is also illegal under international law I thought? Which takes precedence?

skybluetony176

I wouldn’t start celebrating just yet. This seems to have been done on the premise that she qualifies for dual nationality with Bangladesh. If Bangladesh refuses her citizenship she’ll revert back to the only citizenship she’s ever had. British. This will be the premise of her appeal. Which the Home Secretary has already confirmed she’s entitled to. All cases were this has been successfully done before the individual has already had dual nationality as far as I can see.

mark82

Does that just apply to their children who weren't born here? I thought being born in a country gave automatic citizenship? Otherwise that could potentially leave lots of people stateless, which is also illegal under international law I thought? Which takes precedence?

Turns out she has dual-nationality in Bangladesh, so assume she will be sent there.

mark82

I wouldn’t start celebrating just yet. This seems to have been done on the premise that she qualifies for dual nationality with Bangladesh. If Bangladesh refuses her citizenship she’ll revert back to the only citizenship she’s ever had. British. This will be the premise of her appeal. Which the Home Secretary has already confirmed she’s entitled to. All cases were this has been successfully done before the individual has already had dual nationality as far as I can see.

The way I read it she already had dual-nationality. If it's just that she could have it, then I can potentially see her winning an appeal.

Users who are viewing this thread