Shambles (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

I do not agree that this set of players ability wise on paper are not one of the best in the division.

I also do not agree that Ian Dowie, Chris Coleman, Aidy Boothroyd, Andy Thorn and now Mark Robins are all shocking managers.

All have achieved nothing with this club.

I accept Robins is only just at the beginning of his tenure. I like him. However losing at Brentford with this squad is surprising.

The only common factor in all of this is the idiots at the top.

Grendel

Think you will find Dowie, Coleman and Thorn were shocking managers actually.

Thorn also did a Dowie - bloat the squad with abject rubbish and bust the budget.

CJparker

So we lose at Brentford and it's AT's fault eh Grendel???

Did you go to the game tonight?? If not, you may not be aware that City fans were chanting "Any Thorn's Sky Blue Army" repeatedly during the game. If we are in a relegation battle come March/April I would not be surprised to see the board kick out MR and bring AT back on a short term do save us as he did 2 years ago.

Yorkshire SB

Did you go to the game tonight?? If not, you may not be aware that City fans were chanting "Any Thorn's Sky Blue Army" repeatedly during the game. If we are in a relegation battle come March/April I would not be surprised to see the board kick out MR and bring AT back on a short term do save us as he did 2 years ago.

I was at the game and didn't hear that once? As for the latter statement, ridiculous mate!

Yorkshire SB

Tonight we were poor all over.
Defensively we are now unable to pass a ball, I love Richard Wood but I've seen non-league players that are better with their feet.
Moussa was non-existent tonight and Jennings, despite working hard, had little effect on the game.
Have a real issue with Fleck as well, clearly a talented boy with a superb left foot (e.g. his effort which hit the post). However, on the left of midfield he offers little and I see him as a luxury player. Tonight he was exchanging passes and instead of moving after he passed he just stood there, which consequently limited the options of the player on the ball. I think if we were top 6 and dominating sides he'd be a real match winner for us, but whilst we're struggling at the bottom and playing away to Brentford I want someone out there who will work their socks off and offer some pace down the flank.

standupforcity

I was at the game too and didn't hear that once!!! Sounds like you weren't really 'present'. Oh well....personally I think the linesmen were atrocious!...clearly couldn't see when the ball went out of play on at least two occasions...and I hate it when it leads to a goal after an officials mistake!!

Grendel

CJ your confused. They were shouting Marlon King for England.

Snouty72

I am an armchair fan. I watch every now and then, yet I am passionate about city(log on everyday to see the forums and hope that the guardian angle has turned up...). They are my team till I die.

My perspective...

We went 1 up and sat back like a team with no confidence. Midfield went AWOL and allowed brentford to get back into the game and dominate 1st half and surprise surprise they scored. Arggurably they could have been 3-1 up at half time. 2nd half we competed and but for a soft penalty we could easily have had a draw and possibly a win.

How do we change that mentality other than a run of results and belief from the players themselves. I know loads of Brentford fans and they cannot believe that we played that way. Confidence and belief is a key ingredient. Amazed, we were 1 nil up and the fans were not really singing and apprehensive. (not a critisism) This shows the state we are in. Once upon a time we would turn up for relegation battles and sing better than any other team.

Lets hope for a win at Orient on Saturday and we take it from there. Don't mean to patrinise the long suffering city supporter.

PUSB

sky blue john

Thorns first choice players were not signed by the present board because we were in the embargo !!!!!!
Even Sir Alex has started using the diamond formation now, was Thorn ahead of his time?

Otis

I do not agree that this set of players ability wise on paper are not one of the best in the division.

I also do not agree that Ian Dowie, Chris Coleman, Aidy Boothroyd, Andy Thorn and now Mark Robins are all shocking managers.

All have achieved nothing with this club.

I accept Robins is only just at the beginning of his tenure. I like him. However losing at Brentford with this squad is surprising.

The only common factor in all of this is the idiots at the top.

This is exactly what I am talking about on another thread. This is exactly what is wrong with some posters' thinking. Why on earth was losing to Brentford surprising? They have an excellent home record. They have won 5 of their 7 home games.

Cannot see for the life of me why the defeat should come across as surprising! We were underdogs they were favourites.

No surprise about it. 5 wins out of 7 home games and 12 goals scored. Us in the bottom 4. No surprise there to be had at all.

Grendel

if this was the case we would not have loaned Mcgoldrick and then allowed Robins to loan 3 more!

you really are a mong :D

For a start you have not a clue what we are paying for them.

The basis of your response suggests your view is the club is on budget.

Even with your tenous grasp of economics and reality you must see a replica of the situation when we last had a squad of over 30 professionals.

Let me refresh your memory - we nearly went bust.

Sick Boy

Even Sir Alex has started using the diamond formation now, was Thorn ahead of his time?

hahaha!!

Yes, I expect so. I can't wait to see him in the Premier League soon, Thorn's brand of management will lead to a footballing revolution in Britain.

Sick Boy

Comedy gold

ccfcway

When was the last time we had a manager poached off us ?

Dont think there has been one in my lifetime

If no-one wants any of our managers, are they really good enough...

Sick Boy

West Brom tried to take Micky Adams off us but we turned them down.

Otis

It was covered on CWR. 1956 I think it was. Jesse Carver. He went to Inter Milan. We now couldn't get anyone poached off us to go inter Tesco's.

No manager has been poached from us since 1956.

Last edited:

Covstu

we are obviously getting something wrong whether that be recruiting the wrong manager in the first place or not supporting them when they are here. Personally i would go for the latter on this one, there is only so many times you can shuffle the same pack with the team and we just do not have the quality (and desire) to succeed in this league.

Otis

We have had some bad managers though. Phil Neal, Gary Mcallister, Peter Reid, Terry Butcher, Andy Thorn, Chris Coleman etc.

I don't think that Dowie, Boothroyd and Adams were particularly that bad in particular. Just not supported well enough.

Nick

Administrator
I thought this thread was about that old shop in town where I got my first chigago bulls coat :(

aodea

people make the point that its not suprising we lose to Brentford. At the moment no its not but its how we lose 93rd min peno having been leading a game again it seems the same every week and its so heartbreaking.

Otis

people make the point that its not suprising we lose to Brentford. At the moment no its not but its how we lose 93rd min peno having been leading a game again it seems the same every week and its so heartbreaking.

Well the problem as was last year is that we don't score enough goals. When we score to take the lead we don't put the game to bed. You score a goal like last night against a team that has scored 12 goals in 7 home games, then you have to expect that team to score.at least 1 in return. I know we threw away 2 goal leads against Bury and Swindon, but if you are only scoring 1 goal and your defence isn't as strong as it should be then you are asking for trouble. One of the biggest worries for me is that only McGoldrick looks like scoring.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread