Shagger's XI - Take the p***y (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Cobi Jones was knocking off my mates sister and nuddy was seeing I woman who lived round the corner from me in Keresley and also another woman I knew in who lived in Conrad road

DannyThomas_1981

If you remember both Telfer and Huckerby were dropped from the squad right before a home game once, can’t remember who against.

basically Telfer punched Huckerby over the above problem. Allegedly

Interesting stuff UpNorth - sounds like you might have had a few connections with the squad at that time?

SkyBlueSid

Les Sealey was known as a bit of a shagger back in the day. He apparently was engaged to three different women at the same time during his time at City.

Back in the 70s there were a couple of real slappers who used to throw themselves at some of the players at away games. Most of the team regarded them with contempt. However I recall one of them getting a seeing to on the back seat of the team coach after a friendly. The player concerned was a well known international at the time.

DannyThomas_1981

Les Sealey was known as a bit of a shagger back in the day. He apparently was engaged to three different women at the same time during his time at City.

Back in the 70s there were a couple of real slappers who used to throw themselves at some of the players at away games. Most of the team regarded them with contempt. However I recall one of them getting a seeing to on the back seat of the team coach after a friendly. The player concerned was a well known international at the time.

Fantastic story and lots happened in the 70s and 80s that couldn't happen today - smartphones everywhere - just look at Deep Pockets Hickman.

I did hear a similar story about Rosario introducing various groupies around the country to the City squad at away games - and I'm talking about quite a number of the lads getting lucky together. Probably accounted for a couple of pathetic away performances. Makes Billing's failed efforts to pick up slappers in the Pink Parrot even more pathetic - but most importantly from my perspective Sealey and Rosario go straight into the Shagger's XI.

Last edited:

junglej13

That rumour was true but not a factor in his transfer, but he was dropped/rested for a game because of it.
Leeds away I believe was the game. We lost 3-0. I think Zuniga started and I seem to recall watching Darren Jackson toiling around up front late on.

CovUpNorth

Leeds away I believe was the game. We lost 3-0. I think Zuniga started and I seem to recall watching Darren Jackson toiling around up front late on.
That’s right, I was there too and remember Noel Whelan pretending to be trying hard against his old club who were going for the title.

Users who are viewing this thread