sent to coventry (1 Viewer)

what better way for coventry to get a better name than to hold auditions for tv, only for fights to happen in the audition line...... typical, lol.

thats what cwr have said anyway.

did anyone go

mcullen

In the advert for auditions it claims it's going to be "Job Centre and Boozer" - this programme is already a hatchet job on the Coventry population. Something needs to be done as the vast majority of people who live in Cov are actually decent citizens. Sadly it's the minority of boneheads that will take the limelight and we'll be tarred with that brush. Gutted.

Tad

It's all over twitter. Some girl has gone topless and Braless in a vain attempt to get on the show..

D

Deleted member 4232

In the advert for auditions it claims it's going to be "Job Centre and Boozer" - this programme is already a hatchet job on the Coventry population. Something needs to be done as the vast majority of people who live in Cov are actually decent citizens. Sadly it's the minority of boneheads that will take the limelight and we'll be tarred with that brush. Gutted.
This. Having only arrived in coventry 12 months ago from Australia, I'm gutted to hear this news, as I'd love nothing more than the city I live in to develop, and this will do nothing but hinder that.

Guess my property value is going to plummet.

WillieStanley

That wasn't the advert, was it. That was the article in the Telegraph. What the people behind it actually said was that they didn't want fake tan and mental stupids, they wanted real people, they want a real reflection of the city and its people. Nothing like the Essex programme. The Telegraph, as usual, misquote and miss the point to encourage the lunatics to dance on the grass.

Its an absoloute disgrace. Its just an oppurtunity for skanks and slags to get their ugly mugs on tv and make out like they're from essex. Whatever happened to REAL tv?

WillieStanley

Again... Its not an attempt to be like that, its meant to be a documentary series. The Telegraph have just ran with the wrong idea. I know the producer. Loves Coventry and wouldn't allow it.

Again... Its not an attempt to be like that, its meant to be a documentary series. The Telegraph have just ran with the wrong idea. I know the producer. Loves Coventry and wouldn't allow it.

But why Coventry? There are more interesting places than Coventry. What about Manchester? All thats here is a underachieving football team, a large population of foreigners and a load of wannabe TOWIE girls. Personally i dont see the point. Obviously i'll watch the show before passing judgement but i cant see it truelly reflecting the city judging by the people i've head have applied

Tad

They pull this stunt all the time. They go into a city saying it's meant to be "reality" but it never is. They did it with MTV's The Valley's too. That ended up being about a group of idiots trying to make it in the "big city" of Cardiff - when is fact, Cardiff was about 10 mins away from where most of them lived..Coventry is just the next victim.

LJC_CCFC

Is that why its twitter page says and I quote, 'New #TOWIE style reality show'

Stevearcade

Create a Coventry equivalent to TOWIE!

FacepalmPrime.png

That said, if it brings some much needed money into the local economy, is it such a sin to consider the idea "selling out"? Tough call.

Brighton Sky Blue

The Midlands in general is very unrepresented when it comes to TV considering how many live there. Then again could you imagine a Brummie EastEnders?

Otis

The female produced/creator? was on the radio yesterday and she did say that they were looking for controversy.

And let's face it. If they don't have that they have no show.

Across the road from me live overweight, lazy, benefit laden, onesie suit wearing, fat, mannerless slobs.

Very nearly put the CT article through their letterbox as I am sure they would fit the Sent to Coventry profile.

Pretty sure they would have just eaten the paper though ...... or lined their litter tray with it (and they don't have a cat).

Flying Fokker

The thought of the "great the good" of coventry being set loose is worrying.

There are numerous examples of how good Coventry is. One of which is the diverse population growth over the past 50 years. In my view Coventry is a city in the middle of a transition.
For every bad example of Coventry Citizens there are 50 good examples. Try to focus on them mr director.

Otis

They won't though.

As soon as I heard that woman yesterday saying they needed some controversy I just knew what sort of type of people they could be looking to employ.

Hope I'm wrong, but am expecting a 'Chavtastic Experience.

Just seen a pic on Facebook. Some blonde girl (wont use the term 'bird') went in just a pair of shorts. Tits out and all! Very embarrassing! Ashamed to be in a City associated with such tripe!

just seen on telegraph website shes from leicester, saying she wants to show cov how its done and how we are such a sleepy city and shes gonna liven th place up.

what a numpty, lol

Users who are viewing this thread