Selling concert tickets (1 Viewer)

ovduk78

Hi there, has anyone used sites like viagogo to sell concert tickets & are they ok? I've just had someone tell me they can't make it to a Roger Waters gig on friday in Glasgow leaving me with an unpaid spare ticket.

wingy

Hi there, has anyone used sites like viagogo to sell concert tickets & are they ok? I've just had someone tell me they can't make it to a Roger Waters gig on friday in Glasgow leaving me with an unpaid spare ticket.
They're getting a bad press mate
Get me in might be better! :)

MatthewWallis

Viagogo and get me in are not recommend as they advocate selling above face value which a lot of artists and venues do not like and you risk not being allowed in they clock on to it. Venues and artists advise selling on Twickets which is only face value or less

ovduk78

Viagogo and get me in are not recommend as they advocate selling above face value which a lot of artists and venues do not like and you risk not being allowed in they clock on to it. Venues and artists advise selling on Twickets which is only face value or less
I've had a look at getmein and they add a £20 fee on top, I just want to get my money back

ovduk78

Use Twickets mate, you can get all sorts on there too. Football matches, gigs etc for no more than face value
My only issue so far, which may be for all of them, is I have to have a paypal account. I had some issues with paypal and closed down my account. The other thing is they want me to download the e-ticket I have but the pdf I have has both tickets on it and I cannot edit it. It would be good to be able to hand the ticket over at the venue but that doesn't seem to be an option

MatthewWallis

My only issue so far, which may be for all of them, is I have to have a paypal account. I had some issues with paypal and closed down my account. The other thing is they want me to download the e-ticket I have but the pdf I have has both tickets on it and I cannot edit it. It would be good to be able to hand the ticket over at the venue but that doesn't seem to be an option

I'm sure that you can arrange with the buyer privately about meeting at the venue? Can't you screenshot half the ticket and then download a free PDF converter?

ovduk78

I'm sure that you can arrange with the buyer privately about meeting at the venue? Can't you screenshot half the ticket and then download a free PDF converter?
I've just said it's a paper ticket and will arrange to meet a buyer at the venue. Just got to wait for my wife to come home so I can use her paypal account. I'm with you, I don't like to see tickets sold above face value, on some sites I have seen £90-100 tickets at nearly £300 each. I'm going to lose my £11.50 booking fee but all I want is the £85 the ticket cost

Users who are viewing this thread