Sell quick before we hit the bottom of the cycle. (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Mr Fisher said you never sell at the bottom of the cycle. Well we ain't there yet and it's obvious SISU don't have the acumen to turn the fortunes of the club around.

So shouldn't we as fans unite in getting our owners to put the club publicly up for sale so we can find out if SISU are the only show in town. It worked for ACL when AL announced that they'd listen to any genuine offer and it ended up that other parties were interested so why not our club?

Grendel

Mr Fisher said you never sell at the bottom of the cycle. Well we ain't there yet and it's obvious SISU don't have the acumen to turn the fortunes of the club around.

So shouldn't we as fans unite in getting our owners to put the club publicly up for sale so we can find out if SISU are the only show in town. It worked for ACL when AL announced that they'd listen to any genuine offer and it ended up that other parties were interested so why not our club?

No other party was interested in ACL until the terms were rapidly altered into their favour.

Also interestingly you expressed a comment that without the one consortium taking Portsmouth on they would have ceased to exist.

They have a ground and a supportive council and a stronger fanbase. Yet you think we would be of more interest then them?

skybluetony176

No other party was interested in ACL until the terms were rapidly altered into their favour.

Also interestingly you expressed a comment that without the one consortium taking Portsmouth on they would have ceased to exist.

They have a ground and a supportive council and a stronger fanbase. Yet you think we would be of more interest then them?

Altered? Oh you mean negotiated.

It doesn't change the fact that all SISU have and ever will have to sell is the club. So why not sell before its at the bottom of the cycle? The longer they're here the lower the value is going to get. Its that simple.

And where did I say that we would be of more interest than them?

Last edited:

mrtrench

You can if you like but it would be pointless. SISU doesn't give a jot about the league position. If they can make a profit - any profit including selling the youth team off one by one as they attract attention - why would they realise their loss?

skybluetony176

You can if you like but it would be pointless. SISU doesn't give a jot about the league position. If they can make a profit - any profit including selling the youth team off one by one as they attract attention - why would they realise their loss?

Sounds like you're promoting NOPM?

I am not sure why you feel that the deal was 'Altered'. I think that Wasps owners came in and negotiated a deal that worked for both parties. Is it the thought that intelligent folk can sit down and work out ways of working together that rankles with you? SISU had all the same opportunities but either did not have the desire for a deal or do not have the funding. I think the later is the reason why they didn't have the former.

I do however agree with you that the club without a stadium is a very poor asset and will make finding a new owner a lot harder to find.

sky_blue_up_north

Pompey have had some sort of success in recent times with the FA Cup win and it was not that long ago they were in the Premier League, whereas we have had nothing much for so long. Fans are disillusioned, with no hope of things getting better.

blueflint

up to your usual one sided spin i see

Grendel

Pompey have had some sort of success in recent times with the FA Cup win and it was not that long ago they were in the Premier League, whereas we have had nothing much for so long. Fans are disillusioned, with no hope of things getting better.

I can see no circumstance would exist that we would get 14,000 in league two when two points of the drop and playing the bottom team.

skybluetony176

I can see no circumstance would exist that we would get 14,000 in league two when two points of the drop and playing the bottom team.

They're five points clear now with a game in hand on the bottom two. Would it not be fair to say that one of the main reason they're getting 14,000 in the position they're in is because the fan base feel connected to the club and therefore give a shit about it.

Grendel

They're five points clear now with a game in hand on the bottom two. Would it not be fair to say that one of the main reason they're getting 14,000 in the position they're in is because the fan base feel connected to the club and therefore give a shit about it.

I meant going into the game it was 2 points and no I don't.

They are getting bigger crowds than we did in the championship at high field road.

Grendel

Yes. Because they've taken ownership of their club and in more sense than one.

Don't buy it. We would have a handful of fans in the ground vs Hartlepool in league two.

Gazolba

(1) Fans will never unite
(2) SISU takes no notice of what fans say or think

sky_blue_up_north

Your right however if we got back to the Premier League (stop laughing), perhaps won a cup, but then it all went tits up, in say five years, I reckon we could.

Users who are viewing this thread