Season tickets - how does this work? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Slightly confused about what is happening re: season tickets at clubs in general.

I know CCFC have talked about some sort of package, as didn't want fans buying season tickets, due to refund issues with debit/credit cards if games called off.

....but, Luton Town (possibly others) have sold nearly 6,700 season tickets (ground capacity about 10,500). If crowds are let back in, then surely it will only be at a reduced capacity level and it will not be at over 60%, which Luton have sold. What will they do in choosing who can / can't attend if it is e.g. 25 - 30% capacity. Seems odd, although they will be glad of the cashflow in the short term - they're going to have to pay loads back, surely?

wingy

Slightly confused about what is happening re: season tickets at clubs in general.

I know CCFC have talked about some sort of package, as didn't want fans buying season tickets, due to refund issues with debit/credit cards if games called off.

....but, Luton Town (possibly others) have sold nearly 6,700 season tickets (ground capacity about 10,500). If crowds are let back in, then surely it will only be at a reduced capacity level and it will not be at over 60%, which Luton have sold. What will they do in choosing who can / can't attend if it is e.g. 25 - 30% capacity. Seems odd, although they will be glad of the cashflow in the short term - they're going to have to pay loads back, surely?
Is it a bit like all those holiday companies that wouldn't cancel packages and the FO advice was to carry on traveling?

shmmeee

Sky Blue Harry H

Seems like they are not refundable - they have a loyalty scheme - not a mention of Covid on their brochure - seems they reached their numbers cap easily so there is a waiting list - so maybe people are paying for the right to go when it happens

Was just having a look - seem to be talking about earning loyalty points towards when they move to a new ground too etc. Fair play to them, adults forking out £400 to probably not attend a game for ?? amount of games (especially if it's reduced capacity at first, as seems likely) I will do the same for City (provided they throw in ifollow), but that's quite a lot of people who will have forked out to not see them play.

I see Wycombe have said, first 2,100 (?) to buy STs will get to see the games (assuming reduced capacity) That is all they are selling.

Sky Blue Harry H

you can see why its a nightmare for the club - we should get 6-7k for St Andrews ?

Provided they can open up more stands (extra cost) they should be able to accommodate us. We can even do the Mexican wave if we have more stands open! I;ll get a ST from Day 1 (apologies, as I've said it before!) but will probably wait for a game or two to pass, so that the rest of you can be guinea pigs!!

Tommo1993

I thought maybe they’d alternate fans entries for games. 50% of ST’s one game, 50% next. Given we sold enough to even be able to do that. But it’d be completely impossible to stay on top of. People wouldn’t respect it. There’s probably a hundred theories, none of them practical. It’ll be a mess whatever happens.

samccov1987

I know it’s an awkward situation but feel we could really do with getting season tickets/I follow pass on sale. We have been training for a few weeks now and signing players but no income coming in.

Likewise the kit not being on sale yet; I guess we should give credit to the owners but am a bit worried that people aren’t going to have the money to spend soon especially with the impending recession.

Mcbean

Trouble is not one club knows the fan position - they can start the league in September 12th - looks like the Germans are pulling back from their intention with fans - there a lot of work in the season ticket process - they don’t need to make it harder - I am sure there is a zoom daily meeting to consider whether any progress has been made - I follow is different as that’s pretty straightforward for away games - just the home games to resolve and the link withST houses as the filming is probably already sorted

Nick

Administrator
CCFC have said that the payment provider don't want to risk it and it's understandable. It's all well and good people saying now "Keep my money" but then come Christmas if somebody has been laid off from work and needs to buy presents and they have spent £250 on a season ticket they can't use. They will be wanting it back.

I think the iFollow stuff will be down to the rights with the football league, with the Championship you would guess that Sky have a bit more rights than League One. The season passes last year worked out about £110 for every game which was a bonus, if they can get something like that sorted then £150 or so to stream every game would be decent. It wouldn't be hard for them to apply subscriptions to particular ST holders accounts either.

The thing with iFollow is people streaming it on Facebook, at times last year there were over 2,000 watching a Facebook stream of a game. If a match pass is a fiver that's potentially £10k.

Nick

Administrator
They need to find a way to cut down on them, I know sometimes Sky Box Office have those codes that float about so they can see who it is streaming it.

All it would take is somebody to watch the stream, flash a code up for every user and see which one it is and close their account and blacklist them etc.

Of course, people can always find ways round it but it's so easy to restream it. I could easily chuck a page on here with the games and charge you all a quid to watch it. It's 10-15 minutes to set it up. It's a bit cuntish though.

shmmeee

They need to find a way to cut down on them, I know sometimes Sky Box Office have those codes that float about so they can see who it is streaming it.

All it would take is somebody to watch the stream, flash a code up for every user and see which one it is and close their account and blacklist them etc.

Of course, people can always find ways round it but it's so easy to restream it. I could easily chuck a page on here with the games and charge you all a quid to watch it. It's 10-15 minutes to set it up. It's a bit cuntish though.

Mental when you consider the lengths they go to to stop paying users on a VPN that they can’t manage this.

Nick

Administrator
The blocking they use is via a central source so it's really easy. They will just be blocking IP addresses / ranges as and when and it will apply to all of the clubs that use it.

shmmeee

The blocking they use is via a central source so it's really easy. They will just be blocking IP addresses / ranges as and when and it will apply to all of the clubs that use it.

I suppose. Just seems that with FB and IPTV hardly hiding what they’re doing they’d be able to do something to stop these accounts. Like you say a code or similar is all that’s needed. I’d be happy with a subscriber ID in the corner at all times if that’s what’s needed. Though I suppose they’d just crop the stream.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah they would put a black box over it, it would take moving it about randomly while somebody is watching to then see it.

There is a big clampdown on IPTV / streaming Premier League games at the minute as well. It's so easy to do and a lot of money to be made so people get into it for the money. Fuck that, not worth the risk.

jordan210

Follow has got a new message on the website now says

iFollow will be back bigger and better for the 2020/21 season, with more live access to the matches you care about.

Come back here soon to ensure that you’re one of the first to hear about next season’s offerings at your club and to be in with a chance of winning an iFollow pass of your choice for the 2020/21 season

Nick

Administrator
Would be interesting to know if they can sell the rights to pubs etc too. At the minute I don't think it's legally possible for pubs to show them.

It kind of defeats the object of people not getting together though to gather in a pub to watch it, if the pubs are open though...

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I bet it sways people tempted to give up in year three or four.

Had a similar but more convoluted idea on match tickets from a loss resulting in money off a subsequent game, with the discount based on the heaviness of the defeat ie. 1 goal 10%, 2 goals 20% up to max of 50%. Called it 'points or £££'s'

ST holders could get the equivalent amount off their next ST.

Works because its an incentive to entice people back when we've played badly and lost and are thus less likely to go next time. Plus with ST holders it's a thank-you for sticking with the team if they've had a poor season.

Legia Sky Blue

Had a similar but more convoluted idea on match tickets from a loss resulting in money off a subsequent game, with the discount based on the heaviness of the defeat ie. 1 goal 10%, 2 goals 20% up to max of 50%. Called it 'points or £££'s'

ST holders could get the equivalent amount off their next ST.

Works because its an incentive to entice people back when we've played badly and lost and are thus less likely to go next time. Plus with ST holders it's a thank-you for sticking with the team if they've had a poor season.

Of course in reverse, when we have seasons like last season our season ticket holders could/ should pay a premium having watched a winning team on the cheap :)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Of course in reverse, when we have seasons like last season our season ticket holders could/ should pay a premium having watched a winning team on the cheap :)

Why not :giggle:

Of course the thing with it is if we have a good season and don't lose many it shouldn't need much of an incentive to entice the back so less of a discount won't matter as much in their decision.

shmmeee

Why not :giggle:

Of course the thing with it is if we have a good season and don't lose many it shouldn't need much of an incentive to entice the back so less of a discount won't matter as much in their decision.

The year is 2030, Russell Slade is overseeing his fifth consecutive pre season of his second stint as CCFC manager, match day prices are now -£500 a game.

Marty

I will be reporting the Facebook streams again and I don’t care if that makes me a grumpy sod. Don’t steal from the club.

I'm not sure how it's stealing from the club when it's a service you can't even access within the UK, Saying that, I've had streams cut in Portugal, Spain & Australia as they say I'm using a VPN, they even refuse to send a refund when I sent them proof of not being in the UK. If they decide to open it up to everyone and you still use the Facebook streams, then that's different,

Greggs

I will be reporting the Facebook streams again and I don’t care if that makes me a grumpy sod. Don’t steal from the club.
Such a self important drip......embarrassing

skybluesam66

Portsmouth doing a £25 membership scheme for existing STH
for this you join in to be able to buy tickets - take turns for which games you can see
Retain your STH for the following season

so if they sell 10000 of these, and only 5000 are allowed per game, they then sell 5000 tickets to the 1st set of fans, and the next game sell 5000 to the other set of fans

pipkin73

Could we do half season tickets in as much as option A and B. Option A 1st 3td 5th games etc and option B 2nd 4th etc and the games you don't qualify for 50% off ifollow. Keeps the numbers low for when restricted numbers allowed in so still only 1 stand open (saving money) and allows more season tickets to be sold so those who want to go will have more chance of going and keeping up interest. Could also help neglect the amount of people wanting refunds if they can't go. Could even offer all season ticket holders a discount on ifollow away game prices.

pipkin73

Portsmouth doing a £25 membership scheme for existing STH
for this you join in to be able to buy tickets - take turns for which games you can see
Retain your STH for the following season

so if they sell 10000 of these, and only 5000 are allowed per game, they then sell 5000 tickets to the 1st set of fans, and the next game sell 5000 to the other set of fans
I was tryping almost that before you posted but on mobile without glasses so took 20 mins to type (that and I'm taking part in a quiz at the same time) lol.

pipkin73

You been googling the answers?
Put your glasses on.😉
Lmao, it's just a shout out answer one, get it right free shot and entry in to the main game, get that right it's a free drink of your choice. Can't take my glasses out, one lens has become lose and just drops out. Prob is I only need for short sightedness so when I'm out and about I forget to get them repaired and refuse to use NHS tape lol

Users who are viewing this thread