"Searches" part of an exercise (1 Viewer)

cloughie

To many people saying , oh it don,t bother me, it is this reason or that reason, wake up, it only got heavy because of the banners, I am surprised by some of sensible posters going along with the 'party line'

SkyBlue_Bear83

Compass are a catering company, all the staff which are involved in refreshments/hospitality events are employed by Compass group. I don't think they have any involvement in the ground security.
I used to work on one of the kiosks at the stadium.
EDIT: Nevermind they do offer security services as well.

Last edited:
I was told it was as a result of the olympics by the steward that searched me, the look he gave me when i asked him why was that he would no doubt give when a confronting a burgular in his home.

Dean Allsop

Please dont shoot the messenger, I am just passing on some information, I dont want anyone to be upset by my comments, if the takeover completes at the end of the season then Compass will no longer supply staff to ccfc as it would all fall into the new owners control. If I get more information I will pass it on

dilligaf

While having a smoke before going in on tuesday
i watched a young lad who had a can of coke being told "drink it or put it in the blue bin"
he put it in the blue bin, moments later one of the goons reached into the bin, took out said can and placed it in his pocket.
As i passed, another goon asked his mate "have you cracked that can yet"
whatever happened to Honesty and Integrity.
The lad should have been told "drink it or give it to me cause i'm a bit parched".

I've never been searched going into the stadium
I think its down to how you approach the goons
never look down to the ground if you make eye contact.( makes you look dodgy)
make them stop you never offer a search (makes you look drunk or if goon has nice tits makes you look desperate)
if they do stop you make them explain why they have stopped you (if the police have to tinpot hitlers do too) :blue:

torchomatic

Christ, who really cares?

Johnnythespider

Now then, the can of drink should have been consumed as quickly as possible, the resulting belch should have been directed straight into the face of said steward.
While having a smoke before going in on tuesday
i watched a young lad who had a can of coke being told "drink it or put it in the blue bin"
he put it in the blue bin, moments later one of the goons reached into the bin, took out said can and placed it in his pocket.
As i passed, another goon asked his mate "have you cracked that can yet"
whatever happened to Honesty and Integrity.
The lad should have been told "drink it or give it to me cause i'm a bit parched".

I've never been searched going into the stadium
I think its down to how you approach the goons
never look down to the ground if you make eye contact.( makes you look dodgy)
make them stop you never offer a search (makes you look drunk or if goon has nice tits makes you look desperate)
if they do stop you make them explain why they have stopped you (if the police have to tinpot hitlers do too) :blue:

ajsccfc

Quite a few of us apparently, to qoute the manics " if you tolerate this then your'e children will be next ". It's all about just cause and there is no just cause for these searches.

But your rights aren't being compromised and they are entitled to conduct searches before admission. They don't specifically need to justify it outside of 'security reasons'.

I'm not sure which is worse; the idea put forward by the club that these searches have just coincidentally started since the protests come up, or the overblown reaction by people who act as if they're Rosa Parks being sent to the back of the bus.

Johnnythespider

But your rights aren't being compromised and they are entitled to conduct searches before admission. They don't specifically need to justify it outside of 'security reasons'.

I'm not sure which is worse; the idea put forward by the club that these searches have just coincidentally started since the protests come up, or the overblown reaction by people who act as if they're Rosa Parks being sent to the back of the bus.
aj one overblown reaction begets another, stewards piling up the stands ripping banners off people, overblown. fans reaction to this, overblown. Stewards searching fans on way in, overblown. Fans reaction, overblown. Answer, this could so easily have been avoided by more responsible actions from the stewards at the outset of the protests. Now on the subject of my rights, well let's just say if you want to scan me with a metal detector for concealed weapons, no problem. If you want to use a trained dog to sniff out drugs, no problem. But if you want to feel me up to find a hidden bedsheet, i see that as against my rights, maybe not legally but personally. I'm assuming Rosa Parks was coloured and lived in the deep south in the sixties, if that's correct you are right to draw a comparison, as what's happening at the ricoh does'nt compare, still does'nt make it right though.

ajsccfc

Ripping up banners is overblown, searching people before admission to a venue isn't. If you get a steward who's a dick about or it if you're actually being felt up (a routine limb patdown does not count as such) there's cause for complaint, but against the very notion of a security search, I don't see it.

It's patently obvious to all exactly why they're doing this, but it also stands that they're completely entitled to do so.

Johnnythespider

I did'nt say i'm against the idea of a security search, infact i gave two examples where it's completeiy understandable, i don't believe a body search should be carried out unless one of the two has been carried out, but as you say they are entitled to do so and legally i would'nt have a limb pat down to stand on.

Users who are viewing this thread