Scunthorpe sack manager (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueCRJ

Cheltenham sacked Johnson after 4 games also the other day. Crazy how owners jump the gun so quickly. They do say as a manager you're only 3/4 games from the sack though and it's true.

Magwitch

I’m not saying sack our manager and sacking managers after just 4 games is just ridiculous but based on that, how we are playing, his signings, how long would you give him ?

covcity4life

I’m not saying sack our manager and sacking managers after just 4 games is just ridiculous but based on that, how we are playing, his signings, how long would you give him ?
till new years

if we not top 12 might be time for him to go

Grendel

End of September. If we are still playing as we are he will have to go as his record shows he never turns a bad downturn around

Magwitch

End of September. If we are still playing as we are he will have to go as his record shows he never turns a bad downturn around
Some tough games up till then and we’ll have a better idea on how we are likely to fare. Still can’t fathom why we have gone from the successful formation at the end of last season, apart from Yeovil, back to the negative tactics he employed at the beginning. Managers can be a strange breed.

GaryJones

I think we need some consistency after years of chopping & changing management.
We are 4 games in FFS - we need to see where we are at the end of the season - this new group of players are still getting used to the new players around them and a new way of playing at a new club.
Only then can we judge in my opinion.

mark82

It's definitely not time yet but we need to get a hell of a lot better or we'll end up in a relegation dogfight. It's not the results that worry me so much at the moment but the performances. Tuesday night was shocking.

mark82

I think we need some consistency after years of chopping & changing management.
We are 4 games in FFS - we need to see where we are at the end of the season - this new group of players are still getting used to the new players around them and a new way of playing at a new club.
Only then can we judge in my opinion.

I'd agree with that except if we get relegated. We can't go down again, we need to be looking up.

baldy

Cheltenham sacked Johnson after 4 games also the other day. Crazy how owners jump the gun so quickly. They do say as a manager you're only 3/4 games from the sack though and it's true.

Cheltenhams poor run carried on from last season though didn't it? Not just these 4 games?

joemercersaces

Football management is so complex. Gary Rowatt - apparently a really promising manager. Birmingham sacked him when they were 7th and look where that got them. His stock soared after that but possibly facing sack at Stoke. Mourinho, managerial genius a year or two ago, probably facing sack in 4 games if things don’t go well. Yes some managers apparently perform miracles but one wonders how much, good and bad, comes down to how much effort the players put in on any given day.

Otis

Some tough games up till then and we’ll have a better idea on how we are likely to fare. Still can’t fathom why we have gone from the successful formation at the end of last season, apart from Yeovil, back to the negative tactics he employed at the beginning. Managers can be a strange breed.
Nowt wrong with the tactics against Scunthorpe. We played some very good attacking football at times and were very unlucky to come away from that game with no points.

We should have won that game in reality and had we done so I wonder if people would still be saying he's lost the plot and be questioning his tenure.

This forum has gone wildly over the top since the season has started and suddenly this is the worst team possible, guaranteed to be in a relegation dogfight, all the new signings are awful, Bakayoko is crap, Robins has lost both the plot AND the dressing room.

We are only FOUR league games into the season and with a lot of new players in the team. We have also lost our number one keeper for those 4 matches.

Sometimes I feel like signing out of the forum and having a look just to check it's an adult forum and not a children's one.

It's fine to be concerned, but some of the conclusion jumping and 'final' assessments already being made on players are simply absurd.

Old Warwickshire lad

Why do so many of you expect promotion? Someone said before the season started that mid table consolidation would be okay, and promptly got shot down.
Well look again, 10th is probably where we should be looking. So let’s cut out talk of storming the league and get real.

Adge

Nowt wrong with the tactics against Scunthorpe. We played some very good attacking football at times and were very unlucky to come away from that game with no points.

We should have won that game in reality and had we done so I wonder if people would still be saying he's lost the plot and be questioning his tenure.

This forum has gone wildly over the top since the season has started and suddenly this is the worst team possible, guaranteed to be in a relegation dogfight, all the new signings are awful, Bakayoko is crap, Robins has lost both the plot AND the dressing room.

We are only FOUR league games into the season and with a lot of new players in the team. We have also lost our number one keeper for those 4 matches.

Sometimes I feel like signing out of the forum and having a look just to check it's an adult forum and not a children's one.

It's fine to be concerned, but some of the conclusion jumping and 'final' assessments already being made on players are simply absurd.
You know you can’t stay away from it for 5 minutes so there’s no chance you will be signing out. #addicted :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Otis

You know you can’t stay away from it for 5 minutes so there’s no chance you will be signing out. #addicted :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
True, I never sign out. Does anyone else?

Have always left mine logged in and leave the tab up. Do it with loads of tabs. Always keep SBT open, plus the Beeb news and sport and a few others too.

Adge

All this talk of another promotion before the season kicked off was just silly but a lot of people bought into it. A mid table finish would be progress enough for me.

Adge

True, I never sign out. Does anyone else?

Have always left mine logged in and leave the tab up. Do it with loads of tabs. Always keep SBT open, plus the Beeb news and sport and a few others too.
I just flick in and out a couple of times a day-mainly to see who might be slagging me off!

Hobo

Only 5 months ago MR was a hero.........What a horrible society we live in nowdays........Everyone wants everything NOW......

Yes and to quote Rowland Winter at Coventry Rugby, tasked with getting them back into the Championship (now achieved), "Sometimes the more you want something the more you push it it away."

So you need a structured long term plan, don't just keep snatching at it.

Users who are viewing this thread