Scottish football (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Who wants to explain this mess?
Hearts likely to go to the wall and rumours that several more will. Lets face it without the old firm they all face financial ruin surely?
Disband the leagues, throw them all a life line with an extra league in the football league and throw the best of them in the championship and league 1, 2.
Could encourage a whole new excitment ;)

D

Deleted member 4232

From a logistics view, bournemouth v inverness would be a nightmare. Especially if you're playing 2 games a week. But if A-League teams can play Perth one day, then fly to NZ to play another league match, it shouldn't me an issue. Could work...

Covstu

Well it was clear that when the gers were relegated that this would have a major negative impact on the other clubs inc Celtic. It had got to the point that clubs like Hearts would budget taking into account the revenue they would get from playing the old firm so to get that chopped in half would have been devestating to them.

Interesting to see it is the bigger clubs hitting the wall rather than the smaller ones (for now), just goes to show how much they have been living beyond their means.

I can see the big clubs break away into the european league and the scottish teams (or what is left of them) come down to england. Could be interesting.

Brighton Sky Blue

Who wants to explain this mess?
Hearts likely to go to the wall and rumours that several more will. Lets face it without the old firm they all face financial ruin surely?
Disband the leagues, throw them all a life line with an extra league in the football league and throw the best of them in the championship and league 1, 2.
Could encourage a whole new excitment ;)

I've lived in Scotland for 4 years now and even with Rangers in the SPL the situation was bad. Clubs will compete for, and lose out on, players with League 1 and 2 clubs as they can't afford it. The SPL needs to become bigger, and the leagues below should probably become regionalised with the Junior system feeding into it which would raise the lower league standard.

Hearts are screwed, but the long term future without substantial investment in general is bleak.

LastGarrison

What happens if they get independence in a couple of years time? Would this then open up for say, Man U to go and play in the Spanish league?

Bit far fetched but you get my drift.

(And it was a little bit more though out than the response I typed out first which was "fuck em").

Users who are viewing this thread