Scott Barron (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

pusbccfc

I'd rather Hussey all day!

FRY-CCFC

COVENTRY City have played down suggestions that they are close to signing Millwall’s Scott Barron.

The 26-year-old left-back is highly rated by assistant manager Richard Shaw from his spell with the Lions and his record suggests that he would add valuable experience to the Sky Blues back four.

But development director Steve Waggott insisted last night that no official talks have taken place about bringing Barron to the Ricoh either in a separate deal or as part of a package that would see Chris Hussey switching to the New Den.

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...-s-scott-barron-92746-31592307/#ixzz2385R36CC :claping hands:

Greggs

Possible swap with Hussey? Send him back to his 'homeboys' in the 'endz'

ccfcway

got a text from a london colleague saying it was on the sports report down there this morining that the clubs were looking at a swap deal, with some money coming to CCFC

Nonleagueherewecome

He's not the best defensively yet, but that can be said about plenty of attacking FB's. He suits our style & formation which allow him to overlap, is getting better all the time, and IMO it's vital that he stays.

Another thing to consider is that the higher turnover of players we have, the longer it will take our team of strangers to gell.

ccfcway

to be honest, I thought we had signed him already

most people have been mentioning the Barron spell we have been going through for years..

Nonleagueherewecome

to be honest, I thought we had signed him already

most people have been mentioning the Barron spell we have been going through for years..

Groan..that's really bad. Well done!

woody11462

Article link on newsnow Coventry saying Millwall have given him permission to discuss terms with us but no fee agreed as yet!

Diehard Si

At this stage, being just before the season starts, I'd rather stick with Hussey to save unsettling the new team even more.

We could always go for him in January.

junglej13

Read a few posts on the Millwall forum ,it seems Barron isnt that highly rated but most dont question his 100% commitment .I know i would rather watch a trier than a player going through the motions

I remember the carlisle fans having a similar view of keogh. Im think shaw will know all about him.

Nonleagueherewecome

Read a few posts on the Millwall forum ,it seems Barron isnt that highly rated but most dont question his 100% commitment .I know i would rather watch a trier than a player going through the motions

I'd rather watch someone who is good at football than someone who isn't but tries. Ideally both, of course..

dongonzalos

But development director Steve Waggott insisted last night that no official talks have taken place about bringing Barron to the Ricoh either in a separate deal or as part of a package that would see Chris Hussey switching to the New Den.

Nonleagueherewecome

As confirmed by a golfing Carl Baker ;)

skyblueinBaku

I think the important word here is 'official'. They could well have been having informal chats along the lines of - 'what if...?'

torchomatic

Don't go Chris, I love you.

Nonleagueherewecome

Martin180

With "Speedo" Kilbane the other LB option, hell yeah!
Obviously he needs a bit of pace but i have noticed that the quick full backs in the game are usually the ones with the worst positional sense then have to use their pace to try and retrieve the situation.Nilsson and Borrows werent overly quick but probably the best two fullbacks i have seen

Users who are viewing this thread