Scotland cricket team (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

As you may or may not know, Scotland recently beat England in an ODI. Since some of the Scotland team had distinctly non-Scottish sounding names, I started wondering how do you qualify to play for Scotland at cricket? I did some limited research and could not find out. Wikipedia did not say. Does anyone know the rules?

CJ_covblaze

You need to have either been born there or have proof of residence for a certain period. I think theres also a set period of time in between when you can play for another side and your new chosen country. Ridiculous system really.

Covstu

As you may or may not know, Scotland recently beat England in an ODI. Since some of the Scotland team had distinctly non-Scottish sounding names, I started wondering how do you qualify to play for Scotland at cricket? I did some limited research and could not find out. Wikipedia did not say. Does anyone know the rules?
Hmm when MacLeod smashed 140 past England, I bet he felt quite Scottish!

Gazolba

Hmm when MacLeod smashed 140 past England, I bet he felt quite Scottish!
Well at least he sounds Scottish. How about Safyaan Sharif, he was born in Huddersfield, Yorkshire so how come he plays for Scotland?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Worst was Ireland side at the World Cup a few years back, was full of Aussies and South Africans who’s married Irish women pretty much.
Tbf doesn’t help when Morgan, Rankin, Joyce were taken by England

Covstu

Well at least he sounds Scottish. How about Safyaan Sharif, he was born in Huddersfield, Yorkshire so how come he plays for Scotland?
I think it’s similar to Republic of Ireland, don’t have the pull to attract homegrown so use what they can get. Cricket isn’t played up north. I suppose you look at the england team and it’s made up of Irish, South Africans etc!

Users who are viewing this thread