I think they would struggle in League 1

vow

Oh dear.

McNulty should have started.....

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Kazakhstan 3-0 Scotland.
For those Scots who don't know where it is:
This is my country of Kazakhstan. It locate between Tajikistan, and Kyrgyzstan, and assholes Uzbekistan.
My name-a Borat. I like you. I like sex. Is nice.

no_loyalty

Let's face it, the only thing Scotland are any good at is losing, they are shit at everything else.

Liquid Gold

And they had the temerity to take the piss out of us for having an easy route to the world cup semi finals.

CJ_covblaze

The highlights are brilliant. Also reading through some of the tweets that are popping up on my timeline from Scots is very entertaining. Kazakhstan are minnows in every sense of the word. Saw a stat yesterday that they have only beaten four other teams in the last decade. Those being Azerbaijan, Faroe Islands, Latvia and Andorra. That's probably a good measure of where Scotland are at present.

no_loyalty

Scotland have only managed to beat San Marino 2-0, embarrassing.

CJ_covblaze

And soon, CANADA

Is there anything to indicate the men’s side and youth levels will be getting some serious investment in preparation for 2026? The 14 year olds now will be 21/22 by then. With the level of sporting talent in the country there’s no reason why with the right investment they couldn’t have a decent side. I’m expecting all 3 to qualify automatically as hosts btw.

CJ_covblaze

Even if we don’t qualify automatically, with 6 CONCACAF teams getting in, we’d have a decent chance.

You will. 48 teams so FIFA would be stupid not to use 3 of the spots for the hosts.

oucho

I've never understood anti Scottish sentiment in England. They're another British team, just like England. I want both sides to do well. It's a bit like laughing when Cov Sphinx lose, they're British just like the English, why take pleasure in seeing them lose? They're not France etc...

Nick

Administrator
I've never understood anti Scottish sentiment in England. They're another British team, just like England. I want both sides to do well. It's a bit like laughing when Cov Sphinx lose, they're British just like the English, why take pleasure in seeing them lose? They're not France etc...
Just me who doesn't care if cov sphinx or Scotland lose? I'm not Scottish or a cov sphinx fan.

Liquid Gold

I like Scottish people and the country but my attitude to the football fans soured after seeing them drone on and on over social media during our world cup run.

ajsccfc

The closest comparison I could think of is Scotland as Cov and England as Leicester or Villa. There's semblance of a local rivalry there but it's heavily leaning one way.

oucho

Just me who doesn't care if cov sphinx or Scotland lose? I'm not Scottish or a cov sphinx fan.

I see myself as British not English so perhaps that's why we feel differently to each other.

Skyblueol

Its the way they try and get the last laugh. Like the world cup for example where they were all laughing when we went out even though they didn't make it to Russia!

CJ_covblaze

The closest comparison I could think of is Scotland as Cov and England as Leicester or Villa. There's semblance of a local rivalry there but it's heavily leaning one way.

Going by what the Scots were like at Twickenham the other week I’d disagree it’s one way. There were loads sat round us and they were intolerable. Also look at what they were like on social media with the flags of every country we play in their names or bios.

ajsccfc

Yeah that's what I mean, a large amount of Scotland fans are ABE mad but the chances of an England fan adopting the Kazakh flag over the weekend seem remote by comparison.

oucho

Its the way they try and get the last laugh. Like the world cup for example where they were all laughing when we went out even though they didn't make it to Russia!

I feel differently partly due to having Scottish and Welsh ancestry in the family. Grandad's family hailed from Ayrshire and the Isle of Lewis, and there was always a Scottish element in the family. For me it was never a case of Scotland (or Wales) being "them" any more than England was "us". I feel equal allegiance to all three teams as they're all British. A bit like being asked to pick your favourite kid, you might say.

Liquid Gold

I feel differently partly due to having Scottish and Welsh ancestry in the family. Grandad's family hailed from Ayrshire and the Isle of Lewis, and there was always a Scottish element in the family. For me it was never a case of Scotland (or Wales) being "them" any more than England was "us". I feel equal allegiance to all three teams as they're all British. A bit like being asked to pick your favourite kid, you might say.
Milky Bar, any day of the week.

Reactions: vow

ovduk78

I live up here and it is fair to say quite a few of them don't like us and it has if anything got worse since the independence referendum. I have seen Scots wearing England's opponents kits during tournaments which I do find strange. I don't want Scotland to win at anything so it doesn't bother me that much, my objection is being told to go back to my own country which I have been on a few occasions

oucho

my objection is being told to go back to my own country which I have been on a few occasions

You should have reminded them that Scotland voted to remain in the UK in 2014 so Scotland is still part of the UK, and thus you were already in your own country.

ovduk78

You should have reminded them that Scotland voted to remain in the UK in 2014 so Scotland is still part of the UK, and thus you were already in your own country.
I did but the nationalists don't want to be part of the UK, they still go around wearing their 45 badges to symbolise the 45% that voted yes ffs!!

Users who are viewing this thread