SCG Teleconference with Tim Fisher tonight (1 Viewer)

kingharvest

The SCG held a teleconference with Tim Fisher this evening, with the discussion summarised as follows:

• TF updated us on the current situation regarding the rent dispute - SISU remain totally committed to doing a deal.

• The sticking point is not the rent itself, which was agreed at the well-publicised £400k - However the access to revenues hasn't been agreed

• ACL are reluctant to provide the numbers on food and beverage - SISU need to understand these numbers in order for things to progress

• There is also a disagreement about the length of the lease - it currently stands at 49 years with no break clauses. CCFC would clearly be much more comfortable with break clauses in the lease going forward

• TF has requested mediation, but has heard nothing back as yet from the Council/ACL

• TF advised that figures quoted by the Council/ACL (net rent £150k) are misleading

• TF advised that current business rates are also extremely excessive

• TF welcomes the offer of rent at £400k, but stressed the importance of gaining access to Food and Beverage Revenue which is essential to arrive at workable salary cap, given Financial Fair Play rules

• ACL/Council have exercised a statutory demand and frozen the clubs accounts - This puts the club under enormous pressure and risk which they are managing

• They have put in place structures to pay salaries and PAYE, but clearly it is not a good place to be

• The council say it isn’t a winding up order it’s only a 3rd party debt order, but it puts the club under significant strain

• Moving onto the rumours of a new stadium, this is only 1 option of many that been initially explored - However, and TF was quite clear on this, the club do not want to leave the Ricoh. But they need to do a deal that suits both parties

• In addition, a new stadium is something that takes years to sort out so it’s not something the fans need to even really consider right now

• TF Stated with regard to purchasing half the stadium – Heads of Terms were agreed with the Higgs Trust but the Council vetoed the deal

• Recruitment of a new manager – 36 quality CVs received, and aiming to filter to shortlist of 4 or 5 this week, with final stage interviews and negotiations happening early next week

• TF re-stated Sisu’s determination and commitment to secure a sustainable future for CCFC, whilst stressing the gravity of the current situation and the need for a resolution.
He asked the fans to continue to get behind the team and to try not to let everything else distract from what could still be a really successful season

Last edited:

kingharvest

We also have a meeting next week. Ill do a q&a again but will start a separate thread on Thursday to capture questions, suggestions, etc.

kingharvest

Sorry - supporters consultative group. A cross-section of supporters who meet with representatives from the club every month. We tend to focus on increasing supporter numbers, improving match day experience and general operational stuff. But with everything that's been going on over the past 6-12 months, Tim Fisher has bed trying to keep us updated on the bigger stuff as well.

Walking Bird

Another supporters group. Are you the Judean Peoples Front, or The Peoples Front of Judea ? :confused:

kingharvest

The group have been going for years, established under Paul Fletcher. It has representatives from premier club, block 15, JSB volunteers, disabled, sky blue trust, etc.

kingharvest

I'm guessing the difference here is that they are a group selected by the club rather than an open supporters group.

Not really, the group has evolved over time with people joining and leaving. I know the club have plans to engage with more fans in the future.

Credit where it is due, most of the key points updated there. Good feedback.

Still concerned this 3rd party debt order could be deemed by the FL to be an insolvency act which = 10 points deduction.

Walking Bird

I do remember Fletcher setting something up a long time ago but thought that had gone defunct. Is this the same thing or a "Selected" group by Fisher & co ??

kingharvest

Nope, same thing as before with a lot of the original members. People you'll recognise as well like Jim Brown and Jon Strange

Grendel

At least in confirms the rent is £400,000

kingharvest

Credit where it is due, most of the key points updated there. Good feedback.

Still concerned this 3rd party debt order could be deemed by the FL to be an insolvency act which = 10 points deduction.

Yep - good point, although Tim didn't mention that at any point. It certainly didn't come across that way although clearly there is only so much cash flow pressure the club can take.

Grendel

Yes, and the £150k stated by the council/ACL is inaccurate and misleading.

Do you know if the £400,000 includes the march day costs of circa £10,000 a game or is this additional?

Walking Bird

OK so who do i believe ?? Your group or the Trust ?

kingharvest

KH was anything mentioned with regards to Ms Seppala's input in all of this,
or is that an irrelevance ?

Yes - joy seppala is heavily involved, speaks to Tim 4 times a day. she's very private and doesn't seek publicity. She's appointed Tim Fisher to run the club with her and he is essentially the front man.

Tim says she's totally committed and that seems genuine. She acknowledges mistakes have been made but also that they've invested heavily to try and grow club. But without a viable source of revenue......

dongonzalos

Do we contradict each other? I don't think so. Big difference is we work in partnership with club and collaboratively. Trust are independent - and should be.

But we all want the same thing...a successful club.

The sky blue trust is independent.
Does That mean you are not independent?

is it possible for you have such a meeting with A high level ACL rep and point all of these points to them?

ashbyjan

The 150k rebate was off the rates and 100k was what ACL were giving to club from the food so the 150k council was on about was 400k - 150k - 100k giving total cost to club of using ricoh as 150k per season and that included match day fees. So the stated 150k isn't strictly rent but the overall cost.

kingharvest

Yeah but it's not £150k rebate per season is it? Or did I get that wrong?

There was also some doubt on the accuracy of the £100k F&B figure, hence the failure to agree.

We're not independent in that our role is to collaboratively work with the club regardless of ownership. ACL used to attend meetings but since the dispute they don't anymore. I think it would be great to ask ACL the same questions but unlike ccfc they aren't a stakeholder in the group so it may be difficult. It's definitely something we've asked for and will carry on asking for.

sky blue john

So it looks like the counsel vetoed the Higgs sale !!!
What a surprise maybe something to do with not renegotiating the rent sooner maybe has cost Sisu on that front ?
You obviously would sell something to someone who owed you money!!!
Food and beverage one comes up again hardly going to make a difference !!!!

dongonzalos

The 150k rebate was off the rates and 100k was what ACL were giving to club from the food so the 150k council was on about was 400k - 150k - 100k giving total cost to club of using ricoh as 150k per season and that included match day fees. So the stated 150k isn't strictly rent but the overall cost.

Thank you Ashby.

Has been a nightmare trying to get that pinned down.

dongonzalos

Yeah but it's not £150k rebate per season is it? Or did I get that wrong?

There was also some doubt on the accuracy of the £100k F&B figure, hence the failure to agree.

We're not independent in that our role is to collaboratively work with the club regardless of ownership. ACL used to attend meetings but since the dispute they don't anymore. I think it would be great to ask ACL the same questions but unlike ccfc they aren't a stakeholder in the group so it may be difficult. It's definitely something we've asked for and will carry on asking for.

Thank you king. I know you can't ask everything

However could Tim provide an explanation as to why all the ACL people in the meeting believe he said gentleman we can put all this behind us now and he shock hands with them on a deal?

Grendel

Thank you Ashby.

Has been a nightmare trying to get that pinned down.

I think you'll find that's the rebate from rates not rent - subtle difference - carry on though.

torchomatic

Such a shame that the Council put the brakes on the purchase of the Higgs' slice. I wonder why they did that and what they were hoping to achieve. Still, I'm sure the letters from our fellow forum members helped them make up their mind. Seems like this could have been sorted a while ago. :(

sky blue john

Such a shame that the Council put the brakes on the purchase of the Higgs' slice. I wonder why they did that and what they were hoping to achieve. Still, I'm sure the letters from our fellow forum members helped them make up their mind. Seems like this could have been sorted a while ago. :(

I don't know if anyone on here sent letters but i would hardly think even if they had is likely to have made a difference !!!

Users who are viewing this thread