Scg meeting notes from Thursday (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Paranoia is setting in?

Nick

Administrator
did the Trust make an offer to takeover then? I am lost. What advisor is he on about?

Also agree with northern, the list of people is at the top on every minutes. Unless they were asking for contact details.

hill83

Sounds like me when I say I'm going for 1 pint and turn up at 4am with a kebab.

"I know I've made a mistake and I'm sorry"
Sorry makes everything ok.

Steve sounded a bit out of his depth though, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near any of that. So fair play to him.

Captain Dart

Steve.B50

did the Trust make an offer to takeover then? I am lost. What advisor is he on about?

Also agree with northern, the list of people is at the top on every minutes. Unless they were asking for contact details.

No the Trust did not make an offer. They asked to meet JS in a confidential letter to discuss options.

Steve.B50

Sounds like me when I say I'm going for 1 pint and turn up at 4am with a kebab.

"I know I've made a mistake and I'm sorry"
Sorry makes everything ok.

Steve sounded a bit out of his depth though, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near any of that. So fair play to him.

Was not out of my depth just had to be cautious what I said and that my facts were correct.
Its difficult when your in a meeting and your views are the minority.
Even now I have to be careful what I say, but if your reading this (and I believe you do) I am not going to let my club die without a fight.

hill83

Was not out of my depth just had to be cautious what I said and that my facts were correct.
Even now I have to be careful what I say, but if your reading this (and I believe you do) I am not going to let my club die without a fight.

Yeah that makes sense. I don't necessarily agree with you all the time, but I respect what you are doing by putting yourself in this position. (Bet you were doing sneaky wanker signs under the desk though*)

*you don't need to confirm or deny that

oucho

Who do you mean? Tim? Joy?

Steve.B50

Yeah that makes sense. I don't necessarily agree with you all the time, but I respect what you are doing by putting yourself in this position. (Bet you were doing sneaky wanker signs under the desk though*)

*you don't need to confirm or deny that

Not my style, if I were do that it would not be discreetly under a table.
Am sure the majority of them may have been doing that to me under the table though.

hill83

Not my style, if I were do that it would not be discreetly under a table.
Am sure the majority of them may have been doing that to me under the table though.

That would be amusing to read in the minutes.

skybluetony176

Is it just me or is the whole thing getting to Tim and Joy?

Reading that it looks like you were bang on the button when you suggested to oldfiver he should be less obvious. It was almost like we had a sneak preview of the SCG minutes from him the other day. Only question is who is he? It seems obvious he's either on the SCG or has access prior to release of the SCG minutes. No no, it's me being paranoid. It's clearly purely coincidental.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

Reading that it looks like you were bang on the button when you suggested to oldfiver he should be less obvious. It was almost like we had a sneak preview of the SCG minutes. Only question is who is he? It seems obvious he's either on the SCG or has access prior to release of the SCG minutes. No no, it's me being paranoid. It's clearly purely coincidental.
I'll ask Anne Fenton. :D

stupot07

Thats was.....hmmmm....interesting. I take it the advisor is the port vale chairman?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

oucho

Reading those minutes shows that TF is rattled and the protests are working to that extent. Depressing how the likes of JS criticise anti-sisu protests by saying 'we need to support the team', yeah well i do support the team but unless we now pick Joy at CB then shouting siso out at games has nothing to do with the team.

To be fair she'd do a better job than Turnbull or Ricketts judging from Sat.

Nick

Administrator
No the Trust did not make an offer. They asked to meet JS in a confidential letter to discuss options.
What's all of the "you know why I can't comment" stuff about?

Who's the advisor he thinks is on the board of somebody? Is that the pompey bloke?

oucho

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the SCG supposed to be focused on the match day experience hence JS complaining that the SBT are apparently trying to turn it into a protest group?
Yes that is bizarre, there is no suggestion that the scg becomes a protest group. He said the same about cclsc too when he resigned.

And why does Tim need to confront Steve in a SCG meeting? As someone else said the scg is the forum for matchday experience discussion. Or is Tim trying to use a public forum to face down criticism head on to try and shut the protests down, show he is a big dog etc??

skybluetony176

Yes that is bizarre, there is no suggestion that the scg becomes a protest group. He said the same about cclsc too when he resigned.

And why does Tim need to confront Steve in a SCG meeting? As someone else said the scg is the forum for matchday experience discussion. Or is Tim trying to use a public forum to face down criticism head on to try and shut the protests down, show he is a big dog etc??

My point exactly. If anyone has an issue with the trust shouldn't they take this up either privately or use a different platform? A witch hunt of the trust at the SCG is surely also not what it's for? Not the first time it's happened either. If the SCG isn't a protest group surely that includes protest's aimed at the trust? Hypocritical if not. Probably why it gets labelled not fit for purpose by lots of fans.

NortonSkyBlue

My reading of the minutes is that TF went at SBR immediately and with an agenda that was to be belligerent. I have no idea whether that it was warranted or not by previous activity by SBR.I can understand why SBR felt isolated as a minority as he was certainly not supported by the other attendees.
Once on to the actual content of the meeting I thought TF's points were well made and it is hard to disagree that protesting has an affect on the team both in terms of revenue and morale and it ould be better if the fans got behind the team in the stadium. Also I accept that he has made the club self sufficient and one day he may take and get credit for that and will deserve it after the club has been hemorrhaging money for so long with few controls.
In separating SISU from CCFC and saying he has no influence tells us all we need to know about how CCFC and indeed TF are perceived by SISU. Not a high priority.

oucho

We are only 'self sufficient' due to the Maddison sale, he said in the minutes of the previous call that although losses are decreasing we are still reliant on selling players. Who are we gonna sell this season??

Also stop peddling the 'din't protest sisu, support the team' line, as if the two are mutually incompatible.

Users who are viewing this thread