SBT - Member Poll Results and Resulting Action (1 Viewer)

TommyZoom

Just seen this on Twitter not sure if it's been posted already or not, but here it is...

Administrator Must Give Precedence To Bidders who Care About Coventry City FC and Its Supporters

The Sky Blue Trust members voted over the weekend about what stance the Trust should take towards Tim Fisher’s plans for Coventry City. The members voted in large numbers and the response was 99% in favour of the Trust working with every means at its disposal, including peaceful demonstration and other means of legal protest, to ensure that the Administrator and the Football League do not return the “Golden Share” to any SISU controlled company. We are doing this to avoid the scenario of falling crowds, relegation, further administration and possibly liquidation that we feel Tim Fisher’s plan could lead to. The Trust understands there are several alternative bidders available to receive the share and we will be urging that precedence is given to bids that clearly demonstrate that they have the best interests of Coventry City FC and its supporters at their heart.
We would ask members and fans alike to join us outside the Coventry Hilton Hotel on Wednesday May 29th at 9.30am to voice their concerns to CCFC LTD administrator Paul Appleton. Now is the time to stand together and fight for the future of OUR CLUB and this is the 1st action.

On Thursday May 30th we will also be holding a peaceful demonstration outside Ryton Training Ground from 5.30pm to coincide with Tim Fishers fans forums, if you have not received an invite and would like to make your voice heard we would encourage as many supporters as possible to come and join us.

Please be aware we will not be stopping anybody from attending these meetings, infact we would openly encourage fans with invites to attend and listen to what Tim Fisher has to say and form your own opinions, we are simply there to make our voices and opinions known.
We must stress that this is to be a peaceful demonstration. The Sky Blue Trust does not condone violence or anti-social behavior.

letsallsingtogether

Not a SBT Member any more but will be there..
Just seen this on Twitter not sure if it's been posted already or not, but here it is...

Administrator Must Give Precedence To Bidders who Care About Coventry City FC and Its Supporters

The Sky Blue Trust members voted over the weekend about what stance the Trust should take towards Tim Fisher’s plans for Coventry City. The members voted in large numbers and the response was 99% in favour of the Trust working with every means at its disposal, including peaceful demonstration and other means of legal protest, to ensure that the Administrator and the Football League do not return the “Golden Share” to any SISU controlled company. We are doing this to avoid the scenario of falling crowds, relegation, further administration and possibly liquidation that we feel Tim Fisher’s plan could lead to. The Trust understands there are several alternative bidders available to receive the share and we will be urging that precedence is given to bids that clearly demonstrate that they have the best interests of Coventry City FC and its supporters at their heart.
We would ask members and fans alike to join us outside the Coventry Hilton Hotel on Wednesday May 29th at 9.30am to voice their concerns to CCFC LTD administrator Paul Appleton. Now is the time to stand together and fight for the future of OUR CLUB and this is the 1st action.

On Thursday May 30th we will also be holding a peaceful demonstration outside Ryton Training Ground from 5.30pm to coincide with Tim Fishers fans forums, if you have not received an invite and would like to make your voice heard we would encourage as many supporters as possible to come and join us.

Please be aware we will not be stopping anybody from attending these meetings, infact we would openly encourage fans with invites to attend and listen to what Tim Fisher has to say and form your own opinions, we are simply there to make our voices and opinions known.
We must stress that this is to be a peaceful demonstration. The Sky Blue Trust does not condone violence or anti-social behavior.

cloughie

Even 200 would cause a a scene

yet lets wait for the people complaining about what a few protesters can do when they do nothing

Seems to me the original protest outside the ricoh of sisu out proved to be the correct stance, yet many berated it

keyboard-warrior.jpg

No doubt PSGM1 will be busy tonight thinking of his response. :claping hands:

cloughie

Two thoughts
I assume Appleton is at the Hilton at that time?
What criteria is it for getting an invite for the forum ?

As far as I know you will be emailed by fishers club if you are selected for the forum

I haven't beem emailed yet

probably just close friends

Godiva

The members voted in large numbers and the response was 99% in favour

Does anybody know the actual response rate?

Has anybody invited the TV stations as we need to get this out and clearly CWR are more concerned with ensuring they get the commentary contract for next season than delivering any form of investigative journalism or representing the people of Coventry?

dongonzalos

Godiva this sounds like a plausible position towards remaining in Coventry.

Picking holes in this response would suggest you prefer the idea of three years in Walsall whilst a new stadium may or may not be built.

Do you mind if I ask why this sounds attractive to you?

Godiva

Godiva this sounds like a plausible position towards remaining in Coventry.

Picking holes in this response would suggest you prefer the idea of three years in Walsall whilst a new stadium may or may not be built.

Do you mind if I ask why this sounds attractive to you?

I ask because of something SL said when he was here last night:

I have never said that most support Sisu. Not actively wanting them out is the same as supporting them.

I understand what he says and I find it odd that the Trust chose that wording in their statement when they could just have said

'xx% of the members responded and of those 99% were in favour.

simple_simon

What about this meeting tonight (Tuesday)?
Thought Fishface was meeting at the supporters club this evening to discuss some issues?

Users who are viewing this thread