Saw this on hols and it made me smile (1 Viewer)

oucho

In a Slovak themed restaurant of all places...sorry picture quality not great. 20180903_184916.jpg

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

Sky Blue Harry H

I'll post my twist and shout video from a bridge in Salzburg later (whether you want me to or not!) Rudely interrupted by the local Polizei with their sirens!

GaryJones

Saw this on hols and it made me smile too
6-2-2009%208-12-38%20PMfinal7_full.jpeg

Liquid Gold

I hate to be this guy but we were started by workers of Singers Cycle Factory. Singers sewing machines were based in New York.

oucho

That's what I don't get.

My bad then...I genuinely thought Singers Cycles were part of the bigger Singers group that included the typewriters. I did scratch my head at your initial gif reaction...now I see why...

I did also pass a sign saying 'Villa Park' but I won't pollute this fine forum by uploading an image of that.

Last edited:

Grendel

My bad then...I genuinely thought Singers Cycles were part of the bigger Singers group that included the typewriters. I did scratch my head at your initial gif reaction...now I see why...

I did also pass a sign saying 'Villa Park' but I won't pollute this fine forum by uploading an image of that.

Oh are you on holiday?

The Great Eastern

Singer was one of the brands under the Rootes group umbrella along with Hillman, Humber and at least one other who's name evades me right now.

NorthernWisdom

Singer was one of the brands under the Rootes group umbrella along with Hillman, Humber and at least one other who's name evades me right now.
Sunbeam Commer, Karrier, Talbot.

Singer was the last to be bought, among the first to be dropped (Talbot had gone long before, only to be revived post Chrysler. Apologies for the anal retentiveness!).

dutchman

It's a very common place-name, there's one in Eindhoven too. My dad's family lived there during the German occupation.

I think PSV is the only club still named after its original company founder, happy to be proved wrong though.

Last edited:

rob9872

It's a very common place-name, there's one in Eindhoven too. My dad's family lived there during the German occupation.

I think PSV is the only club still named after its original company founder, happy to be proved wrong though.
RB Leipzig (Red Bull)?

rob9872

Actually just Googled it and I'm not certain on the RB one I listed but there is Bayer Leverkusen and Airbus UK

Sky Blue Harry H

Get yourself to Burgerista and thank me later

Must have walked past it a few times. Came back from a fortnight's break just over a week ago. Just googled it and it looks like it was near Stern Brau where my son had an unfortunate incident with two veal sausages (cue wurst sausage jokes!)

skybluetony176

I get that, wasn't it bike though rather than sewing machines?

IIRC correctly Singers, as in the manufacturers of sewing machines is a completely unrelated American company.

Edit. Just noticed someone else has already made the point.

Last edited:

MickM

Carl Zeiss Jena?

Users who are viewing this thread