Save Our City Committee Meeting Minutes (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Just to keep everyone informed of what we are up to please find the minutes for last nights meeting here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54408228/minutes 19-1-2012.pdf

Good stuff Jan-currently waiting on hearing back from the chairman of the London Supporters' Club as to whether I've got a seat for sure next Thursday; from what he was saying, availability is pretty scarce so numbers will be limited.

Is there a timeline on the meeting with Sepala? Did Fisher tell you when he would speak to her or how he was to advise you of her response?

Nick

Administrator
Hate to be negative but it all looks a bit too formal and business like for me :( That is what annoyed me about SBT, it was people giving themselves fancy titles which seemed a bit pointless.

Nick are you implying that there may be people on the board, just so that they can have 5 minutes of fame? Like the media person that doesn't seem to be doing much work with the media (Jan does it all)?

Nick

Administrator
Nick are you implying that there may be people on the board, just so that they can have 5 minutes of fame? Like the media person that doesn't seem to be doing much work with the media (Jan does it all)?

No, I just mean I hope it doesn't end up like the Sky Blues Trust, I stopped reading the minutes when it said about tendering resignations. The whole thing about a board and job titles etc just makes it seem, I dunno, a bit pretentious.

Just me though.

wingy

I think you will find most of the previous media coverage is down to one Media rep "GARY STUBBS" so he ain't done too bad upto now Rich ,Nick like yo i'm not sure it had to become so formal ,but while the set up worked for the SISU OUT element ,if its to have a broader input/dialogue with the club ,its most likely necessary .

Nick

Administrator
I am not too sure, having somebody who will be a contact with the club does make sense but the whole minutes thing like it is for a business is just a bit...

It is like when Kev Monks is referred to as a journalist etc.

Nothing against Jan or anybody trying to make a difference, just find things like that a bit weird.

I like the minutes Nick. It lets those of us who don't attend what happened. Thing is though if that's the full minutes how long was the meeting, 3minutes and 32seconds?

Nick

Administrator
Again, I am not saying anything about letting people know. It is just the formalness of it.

Which I suppose shows that business is meant, but when you look at the sky blues trust you could say that people just got a bit power hungry with the titles..

wingy

The guy who resigned if i'm correct ,was kind of co-opted onto the commitee in what was his first meeting ,so probably reflected it did'nt coincide with his views or did'nt have the commitment to spend the amount of time required being involved like so many people.Jan offered to give a bit of structure to BRinners and Gary's efforts regarding the protests ,and as neither have sought the limeliight and are just part of an organic effort to try and improve matters re our ownership ,so thats where Jan has come in and given the voice to the group ,But G.stubbs has been behind all the excellent media coverage gained for the cause.

It does kind of detract from it being a society and more an organisation. I guess that the Board must get together and plan the actions because there is nothing in the minutes about discussions with attendees and who came up with the "Back the Boys" idea.

ashbyjan

Nick if we are to be taken seriously by SISU, the club and even the majority of supporters we do need a degree of formality. They are serious business people and if we are seen as just a bunch of football fans who meet up every so often in a working mens club and vent our spleens the we will not achieve anything - but I do take your point. But don't worry even when I am return from India after slaughtering numerous elephants to help with the construction of our ivory tower I will still talk to the likes of you - obviously you will have to make an appointment with my 20 year old PA who is employed for her typing skills and not her other attributes!! Just kidding before someone contacts the RSPCA.

The media work is shared by myself and Gary - I deal with some outlets and he with others, sadly we both have the ideal faces for radio so Andy Bland may be forced in front of any future TV cameras. The media stuff is shared so there is no danger of people getting bored with the same old voice or face.

if we are seen as just a bunch of football fans who meet up every so often in a working mens club and vent our spleens the we will not achieve anything

But Jan, that's exactly what SOC is and I don't think it should be anything but that. If the Club/SISU want to make the club a success, then these are the type of people they need to talk to and not an organisation that portrays itself in a formal manner?

At the end of the day, no Formal organisation is SISU' main customer here, a bunch of football fans are.

torchomatic

Why should the RSPCA care about your 20 year-old PA!?

As for the notes, I think you're right, they do need to be formal so SOC can be taken seriously by the Board.

Nick if we are to be taken seriously by SISU, the club and even the majority of supporters we do need a degree of formality. They are serious business people and if we are seen as just a bunch of football fans who meet up every so often in a working mens club and vent our spleens the we will not achieve anything - but I do take your point. But don't worry even when I am return from India after slaughtering numerous elephants to help with the construction of our ivory tower I will still talk to the likes of you - obviously you will have to make an appointment with my 20 year old PA who is employed for her typing skills and not her other attributes!! Just kidding before someone contacts the RSPCA.

The media work is shared by myself and Gary - I deal with some outlets and he with others, sadly we both have the ideal faces for radio so Andy Bland may be forced in front of any future TV cameras. The media stuff is shared so there is no danger of people getting bored with the same old voice or face.

Nick

Administrator
I would have thought most clubs would have somebody to liase with fans, like a go between?

wingy

That would be the SCG ,who knows anything about them or what dialogue goes on ,not me for one ,while limited it is a wider forum to spread the word through on here

I think when Jan speaks to TF again he should ask for a representative of the club to communicate with fans on here. This is the most popular Sky Blues Forum, where the most fans come together to talk so why not?

shmmeee

Am I imagining it or did we used to have a message board on the official site?

We really are rubbish at listening to fans.

Think people forget that businesses are just collections of people coming together for a common goal. Stuff like minutes exists to resolve arguments and to inform others of what happened. This stuff exists for a reason not because of some idea of "being businesslike"

torchomatic

Yes, we did. I used to use it all the time. The days of Vicky and Adrian! Anyone else remember those two?

Am I imagining it or did we used to have a message board on the official site?

We really are rubbish at listening to fans.

Think people forget that businesses are just collections of people coming together for a common goal. Stuff like minutes exists to resolve arguments and to inform others of what happened. This stuff exists for a reason not because of some idea of "being businesslike"

J

Jack Griffin

OK so far, but there is one point I'd like to make to SOC ... guys please please don't ever become compromised by agreeing non-disclosure over any issue or discussion with the club, you've got to be open & honest at all times, don't start playing by their rules.

Tonylinc

I have been very busy over the last few days and therefore have not had time to keep up with this matter. However, having just read the minutes I am left with the uneasy feeling that SOC is in danger of becoming another Sisu tool. Please tell me I am wrong:facepalm:

brinner

still slightly more than ur currently doing :D

Brighton Sky Blue

The thing is, to try and get any useful information from the people at the top, we can't just kick and scream; we have to try and express frustration in a more organised way. SISU don't deserve anyone playing nice with them, but in order for SOC to try and achieve its aims, that's what it needs to do, in the short term at least.

still slightly more than ur currently doing :D

Definitely but then I have a young family to support and can only afford the time to support the cause in a virtual fashion. Dont get me wrong I am totally in support of the theory, but I dont support all the methods.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread