Saturday (1 Viewer)

cyril

Ok. So I only made my second appearance at the ricoh Saturday.
I came with a Leicester supporting mate and still had two spare tix ( can't give them away)
We sat in block 31. Right in front of the "penalty". Sorry no way pedro, never a pen. Just as the ball was dropping for wood to play it, their lad pulled it away with his hand. Ok maybe the ref can't see through playersbut it wasn't a pen.
My mate was pissing himself at the decision.
Up to that point we looked comfortable without being spectacular. I think our centre halves shit themselves then

Negatives
Jennings- is he a footballer? Really? Possibly as bad a player as I've seen for city. That bad ROD looked head and shoulders above him
Clarke- not a left back, out of position a lot
Murphy-had a bad game

Positives

cyril

BAker had a good game
Christie- like the look of him
ROD- looked lively
Timing of substitutions
Moussa- time to start the lad

WillieStanley

Fleck had a quiet game. He tends to have a great first half and then quiet second, he played 2 second halves on Saturday.

I'm a fan of Murphy *screws face as if about to be hit* but he was making a few bad calls on Saturday.

Moussa is in no way a starter IMHO. He's aways 2 moves behind play and passes are always far too heavy.

We've been screaming out for a good run to get confidence but unfortuately our confidence was dispayed as complacency.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Ok. So I only made my second appearance at the ricoh Saturday.
I came with a Leicester supporting mate and still had two spare tix ( can't give them away)
We sat in block 31. Right in front of the "penalty". Sorry no way pedro, never a pen. Just as the ball was dropping for wood to play it, their lad pulled it away with his hand. Ok maybe the ref can't see through playersbut it wasn't a pen.
My mate was pissing himself at the decision.
Up to that point we looked comfortable without being spectacular. I think our centre halves shit themselves then

I was also in Block 31 and from there it was clear that the ref got it wrong - it seems from some other comments that it wasn't so clear from other angles so perhaps he was unsighted.

shy_tall_knight

Not convinced by either, fleck is clearly skilful but does not have the fitness level to impose himself on a game. Jennings runs around a lot a poor man's Michael doyle. Now that Baker has had his 1 godd game in 10 we need connor thomas back asap.

CarpyCov84

Says it all when were asking for Conor Thomas back ASAP dont it Jesus.Agree he's a great prospect but to pin our hopes on him is desperate Robins needs a miracle January no 2 ways about it.

wingy

How could the pitbull stay ,Twatter controversy followed by costing us CT what will be 4-5 months out??

Otis

Been very disappointed with Jennings.

Was expecting good things from him after what Astute said.

The lad can obviously pass but him simply does not impose himself on games in any shape or form.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I wouldn't say we were comfortable at all, I have also heard Murphy and Baker say they though we were comfortable at 1-0? Sounds as if the players got complacent after taking the lead against the run of the play.

I like Fleck but I don't think he should be on the wing, CAM for me. Moussa and Baker on the wings and Jennings and Bailey in the middle. Defence is very unbalanced also at the moment with two left footers at CB and a rightie at LB. I wouldn't be against Brown coming back in alongside Wood, has decent pace to help us with the ball over the top. I also think we need to play a LB at LB

cyril

Agree with that. Although don't think we got complacent as they scored by virtue of a ridiculous decision

wingy

I wouldn't say we were comfortable at all, I have also heard Murphy and Baker say they though we were comfortable at 1-0? Sounds as if the players got complacent after taking the lead against the run of the play.

I like Fleck but I don't think he should be on the wing, CAM for me. Moussa and Baker on the wings and Jennings and Bailey in the middle. Defence is very unbalanced also at the moment with two left footers at CB and a rightie at LB. I wouldn't be against Brown coming back in alongside Wood, has decent pace to help us with the ball over the top. I also think we need to play a LB at LB
I really don't know what Reece Brown coulld offer that Cameron or Willis or Possibly Ricky fletcher from the youth could'nt

I don't think anyone has given sufficient credit to Scunthorpe, time wasting and gamesmanship aspects aside. Despite their league position they have certainly been one of the better sides we have played at the Ricoh this season.

wingy

I don't think anyone has given sufficient credit to Scunthorpe, time wasting and gamesmanship aspects aside. Despite their league position they have certainly been one of the better sides we have played at the Ricoh this season.
I was'nt there but it seems they were very much like Carlisle ,haveing had a fair few years in this division and streetwise to it.Very organised with a gameplan based on effort ,commitment and a little nous re the officials ,and up for it in our impressive stadium ,not that it was their first visit but like a lot this season have used it to inspire themselves .Oh and as pointed out in another thread ,their manger had a little knowledge on the weaknesses of a couple of our players.I can only think of a couple of teams this season who may have been overawed by our stadium they being Bury and Crawley.

WillieStanley

I don't think anyone has given sufficient credit to Sc-unithorpe, time wasting and gamesmanship aspects aside. Despite their league position they have certainly been one of the better sides we have played at the Ricoh this season.

They certainly looked better than high flying Crawley.

Users who are viewing this thread