Sat Nav's (1 Viewer)

LastGarrison

Anyone recommended a reasonably priced half decent one?

Currently got an old Binatone one (got given it so can't really complain) but it is a pain in the arse. The instructions are confusing and doesn't always give you enough advance warning.

Don't travel far on a day to day basis so don't need a shit hot one just one that does the job.

LastGarrison

I find them distracting so prefer good old fashioned preparation and sign reading

Fuck that. :D

Nick - A Nokia 610 but don't think I fancy it on my phone.

Just wanted something that does the job with no fucking about and that ain't gonna set me back the best part of 200 bills.

Marty

It has to be Tomtom, use to have one for work, also used Binatone, Garmin & some other one I can't remember the name off. Tomtom was so much better, just from basic menu lay out, to the speed of connection.

Disorganised1

I have a Mio that I'm very happy with

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I get the missus to run in front of the ol' jalopy with a red flag. If she falls down a hole, I know I have to turn around and go another way!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Seriously, I used to call these things "Prat-Navs" because I just couldn't believe people needed a satellite driven, hand sized computer thingy to get around! HOWEVER......... I bent to pressure, and treated myself to one a few years ago - a Garmin - and have to admit, I was converted. They're brilliant. The only thing is, mine now just gathers dust in my glove box coz I know this island like the back of my hand and only travel to Cov when I go to the mainland. Ah well. It helps if I have to drive around London. (It covers the whole of Europe as well, should I ever get itchy feet!)

Plymouth Sky Blue

It has to be tomtom for me, have had a couple stand alone units in the past, but now I've got the Western Europe maps installed on my phone, cost about £40 at the time which was a whole lot cheaper than the stand alone units!!!!

Astute

Navfree is the best one I have found for an android phone without needing a data connection......and is free to download as well. You just need to download whichever countries you will be travelling through if you are to use it through europe. Can also choose to miss toll roads.

sky_blue_up_north

Got a Garmin with traffic alerts, also does handfree for my phone via Bluetooth would not be without it. Think some of the newer models now come with lifetime map updates, normally cost about £50.

olderskyblue

A friend of mine uses co-pilot on his phone, and thinks it's great. Reasonably low cost too I think.

Mentioned it to my son, and he also uses it on his phone, and likes it a lot. Although he has just installed a fancy radio/CD/big screen thingy in his car (about £200 ish I think) that connects to his phone via bluetooth and shows all his apps etc, which he can control from this screen, or the buttons on his steering column. So, he has all his music, his apps, Satnav all working from this, and loves it. And, when he changes his car, this will change with it.

Users who are viewing this thread