Sarah Everard (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Disgusting and especially for a serving police officer, but must be more to it I'd have thought as doesn't really pass the jail threshold.

rob9872

'Can'

Without wanting dismiss it as it's certainly not trivial, but if that genuinely is the threshold then we'd need a lot more prisons.

clint van damme

Report out tomorrow. No excuses or warm words about a review, lessons will be learned blah blah blah.
Heads must roll.

Unfortunately, when you read the response of the police federation, you just k ow that nothing is going to change.

Sky Blue Pete

I think it’s where power meets adults
We just don’t skill up our parents to train young adults in the skills of adulting

Adults that all their life have acted how they want without impunity

Nothing will change without accountability, acceptance and a willingness to change. Powerful people have never had to show this level of vulnerability and humility

Sky Blue Pete

And another thing about the police is that they deal with criminals day in day out and it’s then easy to begin to think you are better than those around you and then see bad in everyone and everything but you and your mates and then you lose a sense of right and wrong.
What I’m now thinking is that worse than their being criminals working as police men and women is the thought that it was being a police officer that made them that way and gave them the opportunity to commit crime with impunity

SBT

Sir Mark said he felt a level of pride that his officers spoke out: "It is our men and women, who care about policing in London, who have given most of the evidence of that report to Baroness Casey, which is testament to their commitment."
Nice for the Met commissioner to allow himself some pride that his officers are now bravely speaking out. Just a shame that the organisation he leads apparently made it next to impossible for officers to speak out until now.

David O'Day

Nice for the Met commissioner to allow himself some pride that his officers are now bravely speaking out. Just a shame that the organisation he leads apparently made it next to impossible for officers to speak out until now.
The organisation he was already a senior officer of

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

They’re criminals they don’t deserve to be treated like humans very quickly becomes treat everyone like shit unless they’re a fellow police officer then you need to understand what they’ve been through or are going through

Brighton Sky Blue

The question is how do you even begin to fix problems like this which are so entrenched and widespread in the organisation?

David O'Day

The state of the George Floyd thread, loads of the usual suspects attacking people for even suggesting the old bill were a tad racist

Users who are viewing this thread