Sandra Garlick on radio stadium (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Concerns: time scales and capacity
No mention of Location? Glad she is representing the fans!

simple_simon

If this new stadium does not come off she is going to look very silly. Never heard of her company before this and when it all fails she will be finished in Coventry.

chiefdave

I'm afraid the more I hear about this group the more I doubt how truly independent it is. Certainly does not seem to be representative of the fan base. Shame that once again the chance to get people involved, no matter how futile the project or if you believe the ground is being built or not, has ended up a mess with large sections of the fan base, including the trust, excluded.

Nick

Administrator
If this new stadium does not come off she is going to look very silly. Never heard of her company before this and when it all fails she will be finished in Coventry.

I don't think it will make that much difference unless she has hardcore city fans as clients.

joemercersaces

How can this consultation committee make any meaningful decisions if they don't know the budget for the stadium? Either they know and won't tell anyone or more likely they haven't got the foggiest. They could make all sorts of fancy decisions only to be told that it won't work at that location or there isn't enough money.

J

Jack Griffin

Like I've said before this forum is just a sop

sopapt10.jpg

bigfatronssba

I don't think it will make that much difference unless she has hardcore city fans as clients.

She is making herself look gullible.

Hardly the appropriate personality trait for a supposed high flying career woman.

shmmeee

How can this consultation committee make any meaningful decisions if they don't know the budget for the stadium? Either they know and won't tell anyone or more likely they haven't got the foggiest. They could make all sorts of fancy decisions only to be told that it won't work at that location or there isn't enough money.

Was asked at the forum, were told that no-one knows apart from Sisu.

I genuinely think that Fisher went to the architect and said "draw us something like Rotherham/Brentford" and that's as far as it's gone in terms of planning.

Hobo

Why hardcore? Surely the success of our future needs to be built on securing the fan base? That includes hardcore, regular, floating and lost fans, surely?

This is where people go wrong trying to gain oneupmanship as fans. Or being cynical about peoples level of support. It shows a lack of understanding about basic supply and demand, work and leisure commitments and simple economics.

But make no mistake the key issue in this is location!
You can have the best product in the world and the best customer base, but get the location/accessibility wrong and you are stuffed.

That is where Otium put the cart before the horse, moving us before securing a viable location was secured.

That is why the whole scheme is fantasy and poor cover for other motives.

chiefdave

Isn't she also part of the chamber of commerce? How much it impacts on her business is debatable. Her company already took a fair bit of stick online when they began sponsoring Sky Blues Player earlier this season after all other local companies had stopped dealing with the club. The bigger issue is, given the amount of people saying the stadium will never happen, forming this group and putting no caveat about having seen no evidence that the stadium will happen is that she appears to be accepting that it will. If and when it turns out that stadium isn't happening her credibility and judgement may come into question.

Nick

Administrator
Why hardcore? Surely the success of our future needs to be built on securing the fan base? That includes hardcore, regular, floating and lost fans, surely?

This is where people go wrong trying to gain oneupmanship as fans. Or being cynical about peoples level of support. It shows a lack of understanding about basic supply and demand, work and leisure commitments and simple economics.

But make no mistake the key issue in this is location!
You can have the best product in the world and the best customer base, but get the location/accessibility wrong and you are stuffed.

That is where Otium put the cart before the horse, moving us before securing a viable location was secured.

That is why the whole scheme is fantasy and poor cover for other motives.

Because the thousands of fans who only turn up for crewe or don't use forums won't have a clue who she is.

J

Jack Griffin

Concerns: time scales and capacity
No mention of Location? Glad she is representing the fans!

When and where the new stadium will be built are outside her remit or influence, glad she isn't just a just powerless puppet then. :thinking about:

cloughie

Isn't she also part of the chamber of commerce? How much it impacts on her business is debatable. Her company already took a fair bit of stick online when they began sponsoring Sky Blues Player earlier this season after all other local companies had stopped dealing with the club. The bigger issue is, given the amount of people saying the stadium will never happen, forming this group and putting no caveat about having seen no evidence that the stadium will happen is that she appears to be accepting that it will. If and when it turns out that stadium isn't happening her credibility and judgement may come into question.

Its already has been called into question,

if I needed a solicitor I would not be considering this woman, her judgement is obviously flawed and is obviously in influenced by the pounds worth rather than the truth

Grendel

When and where the new stadium will be built are outside her remit or influence, glad she isn't just a just powerless puppet then. :thinking about:

So her job is as a franchise consultant is it? At least she's not a council puppet is she "jack"?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

[/B]

if I needed a solicitor I would not be considering this woman, her judgement is obviously flawed and is obviously in influenced by the pounds worth rather than the truth

Don't you think she'll have enough work with all the court cases in the pipeline?

Grendel

[/B]

I do wonder if this individual was a man you would have said "if I needed a solicitor I would not be considering this man"

I doubt you would if I am honest.

James Smith

If this doesn't actually get built then we will be at Sixfields for years longer and that is not good enough. We're Coventry City and we should be playing in Coventry and if that means a groundshare with the rugby club or whatever then so be it.

Last edited:

Hobo

If this doesn't actually get built then we will be at Sixfields for years longer and that is not good enough. We're Coventry City and we should be playing in Coventry and if that means a groundshare with the rugby club then so be it.

Please, let's not have SISU anywhere near another of Coventry's sporting teams!

Grendel

What the hell has gender got to do with it?

In the "macho" world of football I suspect a lot. That said I apologise to Cloughie as he seems to share by views on certain politics. I may have been unduly harsh.

Tonylinc

She/he/it whatever has got involved in this debacle in an attempt to further his/her/its business interests. Should it be seen as a complete failure (which in my view it will) then her/his/its business will suffer. A deeper thought process should have been applied prior to accepting the position.

Grendel

She/he/it whatever has got involved in this debacle in an attempt to further his/her/its business interests. Should it be seen as a complete failure (which in my view it will) then her/his/its business will suffer. A deeper thought process should have been applied prior to accepting the position.

I do not think they will build a new ground but SISU are bonkers -- I think there is a 30% chance that they will.

Grendel

If this doesn't actually get built then we will be at Sixfields for years longer and that is not good enough. We're Coventry City and we should be playing in Coventry and if that means a groundshare with the rugby club or whatever then so be it.

I do not entiirely disagree with this but suspect it is impractical. I believe that the Rugby Ground is not able to meet League standards. If it were then with a 3,000 capacity the club could have charged up to £750 a season for a ticket and there would have been 3,000 takers -- me included.

Tonylinc

30%???? No land identified, a cheap matchbox drawing and no budget announced. Next week it will be 6 sites with whom they are holding talks. It is not going to happen.

Grendel

30%???? No land identified, a cheap matchbox drawing and no budget announced. Next week it will be 6 sites with whom they are holding talks. It is not going to happen.

Did you think moving from the Ricoh would ever happen?

Tonylinc

Yes I did. That did not involve the paying out of money and there were plenty of groundshare possibilities. This new stadium on the other hand requires the payment of real money.........

Grendel

Yes I did. That did not involve the paying out of money and there were plenty of groundshare possibilities. This new stadium on the other hand requires the payment of real money.........

Not from sisu it doesn't

Astute

It doesn't matter if you thought we would move out of the Ricoh or not. I don't know anyone that thinks that the stadium will be built.

letsallsingtogether

[QUOTE. =Astute;658790]It doesn't matter if you thought we would move out of the Ricoh or not. I don't know anyone that thinks that the stadium will be built.[/QUOTE]maybe they will but I dont know many that really give a shit or would actually go?

Hobo

Not from sisu it doesn't

They still have to attract the investors don't they?

Do you not think the location is going to be key to attracting the relevant levels of investment required?

Therefore was it not a rash business decision to move the club before a suitable location was sourced?

This is why it is logical for fans not to believe that the project is viable!

Users who are viewing this thread