Sam McCallum Signs Contract Extension (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueCRJ

Agreed I don't think it has anything to do with the club's future at the Ricoh or elsewhere. The club will operate with a business as usual mentality until it has cause not to.

RoboCCFC90

It's good to see that our promising talent is committing to the Club.

I think McCallum will be a decent LB long-term for the club.

lifeskyblue

Fantastic news. I think he can play LB or an attacking wing back or left midfield. An exciting prospect for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Isn't this just a year longer than the one he was on previously? Great to get long term deals for players, but seems a bit weird for one extra year with 2 years left on the current one. Maybe there was some contract clause we wanted to get rid of?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Isn't this just a year longer than the one he was on previously? Great to get long term deals for players, but seems a bit weird for one extra year with 2 years left on the current one. Maybe there was some contract clause we wanted to get rid of?
That or he's broken into the first team with some success on very little money and the club want to a) reward him for his hardwork and level of performance and b) fend off competition from other clubs who are willing to offer him more money and lure him away.

vow

I thought he was contracted until 2020, a 2 year deal?

So in effect it's a 2 year extension on top of that, I believe?

@better days might know more!

Anyhow, glad we've tied him down for longer, v promising player.

Liquid Gold

2022 sounds a lot further away than it is. Comes across like he's signed an 8 year deal. Still, on the upside at least we aren't too far away from the bond repayment.

HerneBayGaz

Fantastic news. I think he can play LB or an attacking wing back or left midfield. An exciting prospect for us.

Yes good to get him on a extended contract
When he played for Herne Bay he sometimes played left midfield, If my memory serves me right I think that he's preferred position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

better days

I thought he was contracted until 2020, a 2 year deal?

So in effect it's a 2 year extension on top of that, I believe?

@better days might know more!

Anyhow, glad we've tied him down for longer, v promising player.
It'll be an improved contract probably with a better basic and decent appearance bonuses
He joined for the development squad so will have been on a very modest deal

Sbarcher

Good news, means he can play for CCFC at Nuneaton rather than be loaned out to Nuneaton!

cooperskyblue

Good news! A friend of mine who came to the Gillingham game a few weeks back picked him out as our best player that day, someone who looked naturally gifted so pleased he has committed long term.

Would love Willis Next. Well Ricoh first then Willis.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

That or he's broken into the first team with some success on very little money and the club want to a) reward him for his hardwork and level of performance and b) fend off competition from other clubs who are willing to offer him more money and lure him away.

I agree - it could be that he's now considered first team rather than development but in that situation I think I'd want to add a bit more time on than one year. Of course he and his agent may not want to add longer.

From what we've seen of him so far he still seems to have some way to go to be first team regular and I think he's still development squad. Wasn't that long ago we were considering Camwell in the same vein for LB and gave him a contract extension, now look what's happened since. Who knows what may happen in the next year or so? Maybe MR will leave and a new manager doesn't rate him? Maybe he'll plateau and not continue developing as hoped/expected? Of course he may develop amazingly and become an absolute gem.

stevefloyd

Lets hope that if some of the rumours are true about Camwell he gets his head sorted and realise what a glorious opportunity he has and knuckles down

GaryJones

Business as usual despite the expulsion talk!
Good to see.

Users who are viewing this thread